Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rayray604

What would this be considered?

Hello, Im new to this site just wanting to know what type of acne I have and if I started scarring?...What would be the best treatment for this type? Thanks again!

post-153644-1309680082_thumb.jpg

post-153644-1309680097_thumb.jpg

post-153644-1309680082_thumb.jpg

post-153644-1309680097_thumb.jpg

I would say moderate to severe acne. Can't say if there is scarring however if you don't pick on them you will be far less prone to scarring.

You should check with your dermatologist. A peroxyd benzoyl treatment (like the acne.org regiment) could help however Accutane may be required.

Do you follow any treatment ?

I started the regimen but with a different benzoyl peroxide which doesn't seem to be working, It's called miraclear. Isn't accutane in a lawsuit?

it seems like your acne is moderate and they dont really look like scars but just red marks that fade with time. however if your using BP this makes your red marks more prominent-its what it did to mine:(

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by i am ashley.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by i am ashley.

I'm having trouble posting the link but the product's name is "CVS Acne Treatment Vanishing Formula"

id take caution i bought it bc it was cheaper but it like burned my face-more than any other bp i tried :(! so i bout the clean and clear instead plus the reviews for this product on this site are pretty good:)

ok. So this is what I have planned.

1.Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

2. Neutrogena on the Spot or clean and clear

3. Lubriderm moustirizer(spelling fail)

What do you guys think?

ok. So this is what I have planned.

1.Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

2. Neutrogena on the Spot or clean and clear

3. Lubriderm moustirizer(spelling fail)

What do you guys think?

Like Ashley said, we cannot tell you what will work for you but I can suggest some things I wish I would have known or done a long time ago.

Even though you might hate your skin, be KIND to it! I think the best thing you can do is HELP your skin help itself. Don't strip its natural protection, but try and work WITH it.

Always be VERY gentle and slow when applying anything over active acne and sensitive skin.

pH balance is an important part in working WITH your skin. Cetaphil has a pH of 6.7 whereas our skin usually stays around 5.5-6.5. Cetaphil is alright but you probably want your skin to stay as natural as possible. Our skin is acidic (below pH of 7) so it can fight bacteria and infection. The more that number is raised and our skin moves from its natural acidity towards alkaline (ph above 7), the more favorable our skin will harbor problem causing bacteria. If you do disrupt the pH too much, it takes more than 12 hours to restore. So if you wash your face twice a day, your skin will constantly be defenseless. Research about the skin's pH and the acid mantle for more information about that.

If you like Cetaphil and are interested in this pH thing, many people will use a toner to bring the skin's pH back to down to balance after cleansing. Rosewater and Apple Cider Vinegar get great reviews here and on makeupalley.com (more so the Rosewater). Be sure to read up on HOW to use and apply ACV first if you decide to use that, as it can be harsh when used incorrectly.

Research ALL ingredients in the products you use!! Most ingredients found in commercial products are given a rating for their comedogenicity. This is a great reference site:

www.zerozits.com/Articles/acnedetect.htm#inglist

It lists pretty much every common ingredient to be found in anything you are using and it would be smart to become familiar with them. You will probably find ingredients through trial and error that your skin does not like!

With that said, do NOT believe the claims on the packaging of products. They are created for the mass public, not just for you. You are the only one who can decide what will work for you :)

So, use a gentle cleanser that will not disrupt your skin's natural barriers/acid mantle/pH. Your cleanser, spot treatment, and moisturizerizer should go through ingredient research and passed off by YOU! Don't use it just because you trust what the packaging says.

As far as acne treatment, I would only use on the spot on your affected skin. One of my biggest mistakes I think, was bombarding my skin with SA and BP all over, all the time. Not only did I have acne, but the skin in between the acne was ugly! Just treat what needs to be treated.

Another thing is don't use too much at once. I used to use both SA and BP, wash twice a day, and sometimes with TWO cleansers. Yeah, don't do that! Doing less is more.

I would also research natural remedies, natural products and cleansers, and even oil based cleansers and deep cleansing with an oil cleansing method once in a while. Just some things for you to look at.

As for now, have you ever used honey? If you have all natural honey lying around in your house, use it! Not only is it a good pH for our skin, but it is antibacterial and can help improve the skin. Just put some on your face, leave it for a few minutes or for however long you want! Afterall, it's not irritating at all. Then rinse it off gently. I use it occasionally and love it. It makes my skin soft and it is good for reducing reddness. I used it last night because I had a pimple developing under the skin (ouch!) and it stopped it in its tracks! No pimple in the morning or tonight. It's gone.

I know I wrote a lot but I want you to battle this acne right, like it took me a long time to do. I hope you can manage to keep your skin healthly so when your acne heals, you won't have a huge mess to clean up after :) Good luck!

Cya, the Org.

Edited by i am ashley.

^ Good stuff, I agree with that :) Other than honey: it was an irritant for my skin and dried my skin out. As did most natural methods I tried, and nasty breakouts from them.

So interesting how skin is so different lol. I have had a good experience with more natural products, including honey! Sometimes you gotta find out the hard way, but then you know! :)

Your acne looked a lot like mine used to. I think we're both lucky we don't have cysts or nodules. Albeit, whiteheads are still pretty crappy.

Here's what worked for me:

1) stop washing so much (I don't know how much you do it, but I'm assuming too much). Actually, try going a couple days without doing anything (no water. nothing) and see how your skin reacts.

2) wash once a day with cerave gentle cleanser, and do it ever-so-gently, and very briefly with lukewarm water. Apply only very light pressure with your finger tips, and rub in a circular motion for a few seconds. Pat dry the excessive water, but let the rest air dry. If you feel dry afterwards, apply some cerave moisturizer very gently.

Basically, just baby your skin. It's probably dying from all the stuff your trying to do to it. You can't wash off acne; that's the mistake I tried to make.

List of things I've tried with no success:

proactive (BP)

SA wipes

clearasil foaming cleanser

noxema

st.ives apricot scrub

lemon juice

SA enhanced lotion

AHA foaming cleanser

AHA enhanced lotion

Tazorac (it was a roller coaster with it. It cleared me up and then broke me out. It's a pretty strong retinoid, and it's easy to overuse it.)

I'm probably leaving stuff out, but you get the idea.