Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TomWantsHelp

Very red marks everywhere, only a bit of active pimples.

My chin is littered with red marks, some are even a bit raised so I dont know what that is. Benzoyl Peroxide makes them even redder and makes my pimples have red marks for even longer.

I switched to Salycic acid to reduce red marks and kill my small red pimples. Moisturizing makes my redness increase for a while but I use it at night. I am also using Vitamin E with rosehip oil.

What else do you reccommend me to do? Or any general statements or something I am doing wrong?

what u have to do is stop having those active pimples, once you stop getting pimples, you switch to glycolic acid to treat red marks. However, you can applying lemon juice every the other day to reduce red marks

Facial products tend to make red marks stand out more by irritating the skin. To make them go away or seem less obvious you need to let your skin breathe and get some sun to heal them faster, dont get sunburn though!

These red marks however could be scabs due to the fact that they are raised and I would recommend something like sudacrem. Vitamin E oil is a very effective moisturizer to ease redness of spots.

Vitamin E applied topically has been shown to cause breakouts. I would suggest you use it for red marks after you have successfully cleared/grown out of acne. It's common for your face to be red the first few weeks of using benzoyl peroxide. Also, SA tends to have an initial breakout/purging, but subsides over time.

If you are kind to your skin and try to keep it healthy, I think those red marks will go away with time. There really is not a miracle cure, I've definitely googled for one many times. Diluted lemon juice and also honey are good and natural things to apply to your skin to promote health and over time reduce redness. Lemon and honey are both naturally acidic so you may find they will help with those pimples as well. Rosehip oil is also a beautiful thing for your skin. I gave up on BP a long time ago when I started using it many many years ago and I still have damaged skin from it.

Do not use TOO many products and don't obsess over this. Just keep your skin healthly and they will eventually fade.

Try this:

- Use water only

- Gentle exfoliate (every few days), do this at night so you can moistures after

- Use Vitamin E/rosehip oil only at night

Use nothing eles! In the morning, just wash face with water and dry.

I have been doing this for over month and my acne has cleared up 95%. I think rosehip oil helped alot to heal my skin.

Diluted lemon juice and also honey are good and natural things to apply to your skin to promote health and over time reduce redness. Lemon and honey are both naturally acidic so you may find they will help with those pimples as well.

Lemon is really good for healing red marks, but for some people it irritates the skin, like makes it more red. So beware, dont use too much, first dilute it with water and use it, and only use it once in two days. If you feel your skin accepts it, then only go further with the lemon thing..

what u have to do is stop having those active pimples, once you stop getting pimples, you switch to glycolic acid to treat red marks. However, you can applying lemon juice every the other day to reduce red marks

hey chestercool, when you say to use glycolic acid for the red marks, what kind of glycolic are you talking about? like some kind of toner, cream, or peel or something like that?

please let me know. ive been searching for something like that. something i can use easily and probably daily. ive been using the apple cider vinegar for the red marks and it is not practical at all due to the smell.

please let me know. thank you man...

does anyone kno of a good over the counter retinol product to get rid of post acne red marks i can get at the drugstore? i read that retinol is one of the best otc products for getting rid of the marks.

My chin is littered with red marks, some are even a bit raised so I dont know what that is. Benzoyl Peroxide makes them even redder and makes my pimples have red marks for even longer.

I switched to Salycic acid to reduce red marks and kill my small red pimples. Moisturizing makes my redness increase for a while but I use it at night. I am also using Vitamin E with rosehip oil.

What else do you reccommend me to do? Or any general statements or something I am doing wrong?

drop SA drop BP, get a natural cleanser like african fog soap. use weekly acne cloth for weekly exfoliation. Try out this stuff called bioskincare or you can add to the rosehip oil, almond oil, avocado oil and olive oil.. mix it, and massage into face, leave it on for a half hour and wash off.

I get red marks from every single spot I get...and I use salicylic acid to get rid of them...they way I use them I can get rid of them by 50-70% after 2 weeks. Now the method I use you can't do very often as it dries out your skin like crazy. So, here it is. I use 5% salicylic acid pads...and I cut out the pads place it over the the red marks (and spots too it dries them out really well) and use clear sellotape to tape them down..I keep them there for 30-60 minutes them take it off. It can be quite red, but my skin is adjusted to it now so its not that bad now..however if it does get red , its nothing a good nights sleep wont cure. WARNING: if your skin feels like its getting burnt off, just remove it and hold it there with your finger (using a glove if you don't want dry fingers) and by not using the sellotape the pads will dry out quicker but personally I find the sellotape method works best...I do this for a few days. During this time you need to apply tons of moisturiser and tons of sunblock...a few days after I use the method my skin starts peeling and this is when the red marks lighten up amazing. If i want a better result I will re-do this method the following week or so after all the dead skin has dropped off. And TA-DA the red marks are much less noticeable.