Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jjballer22

Wow accutane is really doing it's job!

I mean oh golly jeez I'm almost done with my 3rd month and heading into my 4th month and guess what? My acne keeps getting worse! :):):):):):):) Just what I took this medicine for ! Thank god for accutane right? I hated having clear skin so I took this to have acne because it just looks better? FUCK THAT. So someone tell me, is all this medicine supposed to do is make your lips and face dry and body sore just for shits and giggles? IDK, maybe I got a placebo or something but this is utter bullshit. It's summer and here I am hiding in my room because I look like a pepperoni pizza. I have zero self confidence, shit I hate myself right now. I haven't had one bit of fun this summer because A. I'm busy working my job. B. I'm a fucking wreck. C. I'm a walking pizza.

If accutane doesn't do it's job, I can always wear a paper bag right? I mean at least I won't have to hurt people's eyes by looking at me anymore.

Are some people just made to have acne forever? It just seems to me it'll never stop, for christ sake I am 18 I should be out enjoying life instead of hiding like a fucking loser oh well I guess I'd rather be alone my whole life than being judged and laughed upon everywhere I go.

Fuck people and fuck this world.

Ok, so I don't want to diminish how you're feeling and what you're experiencing at all because we have ALL been or are there...but put it in perspective: acne does not define who you ARE as a person. Your fuck you attitude does.

You can go on and on about being 18 and feeling like utter crap, but we've all felt that way in the last few months or years or whatever since battling acne and doing the roaccutane thing. Look at the logs page: there are some people going through this who are in their 30's and 40's! I'm 25! So you're gonna complain about being 18 with acne...well mate, you're not alone and some of us have been doing this for longer.

Like I said, I know how you feel and I don't mean to put you down, but you are not your acne and you can't let it get to you like this. Plus in all likelihood people aren't even looking at you and laughing, that's you thinking that. People are much too self-involved, going about their daily business to look at others and laugh at their skin.

You really need to read this log. It'll help:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Log-Times...ty-t166628.html

I try to stay positive but honestly I'm done with it, I mean I can only put on this fake "oh it'll get better soon" attitude after only so long... I might as well try the hydrochloric acid treatment on my face.

i took accutane for 5 months, the whole time thinking "oh it will get better next month, this is just my IB!". my acne did not clear up at all the entire time, sometimes even getting worse. ever since i took accutane i feel tired all day even if i get 12 hours sleep. i barely even have the energy to walk. oh yea, and my acne is even worse than before i started accutane........im 18 as well but ive already given up on ever having a decent life. i guess ill just have to live with children crying and girls screaming whenever they see my acne. not trying to scare you but just dont get ur hopes up thinking it will eventually work when you could end up like me (a deformed creature living in the sewer)

If this medicine doesn't work I'll be alone the rest of my life i know that for sure, no woman will want me with my disfigured face... i'm starting to think existence won't be possible for me anymore to be honest i can't live like this.