Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I notice that whenever i go out in public theres ALWAYS people starring at my face like i'm a monster.

Today I was out (first time in weeks) buying new clothes because it might boost my self esteem having new clothes to wear. Almost every time someone passed by me at the mall, they would look at me like "what the hell is wrong with your face". Even little kids would literally stare for so long, making me feel like a freak. When I was in the changing room trying on clothes I couldn't help but look at my face and broke down crying because of how bad i looked. I left the clothes there and drove home, thinking i'm so ugly, good clothes won't help me at all

Sorry if this depresses anyone, i really needed to vent :/

dont feel bad about it i actually use to go threw the exact same thing that your going threw. i use to get the "WTF?" looks ALL the time no matter where i went. eventually that led me from going out at all beacuse i just hated the way people looked at me & not to mention there little comment's like, "what's wrong with his face" "OMG" "ewww that guy is ugly". yep trust me when i say i know EXACTLY what your going threw, i dont understand what's wrong with people nowaday's that they feel like having acne is a crime. hang in there buddy whatever you do DONT give up on yourself, nothing last's forever including acne. take it from me a 6 year long acne veteran, don't make the mistake of thinking your ugly i use to think that too, but it was really just the acne that made me look bad not my actual face. I hope you get clear soon beacuse i know how emotionally crushing this condition is, but know this once your clear and you will be, you will look back on all this and it will just be a memory nothing more :).

I notice that whenever i go out in public theres ALWAYS people starring at my face like i'm a monster.

Today I was out (first time in weeks) buying new clothes because it might boost my self esteem having new clothes to wear. Almost every time someone passed by me at the mall, they would look at me like "what the hell is wrong with your face". Even little kids would literally stare for so long, making me feel like a freak. When I was in the changing room trying on clothes I couldn't help but look at my face and broke down crying because of how bad i looked. I left the clothes there and drove home, thinking i'm so ugly, good clothes won't help me at all

Sorry if this depresses anyone, i really needed to vent :/

I'm sorry... :(

Back when I was obsessing over my skin I used to think "everyone" was looking at me too. Whereas in actuality a small percentage of the people I thought were looking actually were. I'm not saying you saw it wrong but that's just my experience. But maybe.....maybe to a very small degree the same is the case in your case, who knows?

Who cares if people look, though. I mean sure, if we had a button that could erase our imperfections we'd press it in a heartbeat. But the fact of the matter is we have 'em so we'd better come to terms with that fact! But I understand that it's difficult dealing with it all... It took me years to come to terms with my imperfection.

Anyway, you don't know what people are thinking. I'm sure if you were to tell us what you think they are thinking it would sound a lot worse than what they actually think. I'm sure people don't see you as "a monster".

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by i am ashley.

That sucks. Fuck those people--what a bunch of assholes. Just try to remember that even if people stare they often see you as completely anonymous. But then again, maybe since you've been so isolated all week it just came as a shock to be around people again? It always happens to me when I go out after being isolated for long periods--isolation can really warp your perception sometimes. I'll feel like everyone's staring, thinking "Ohmygod lookit! That girl's make-up's totally caked on and disgusting and it's not even hiding anything!" But I've noticed that when you feel like complete shit about yourself you tend to see that in people's stares no matter what they're actually thinking--try to keep that in mind. Either way, good for you for forcing yourself to go out and shop! Even though it might seem like a setback, this was probably the best thing you could've done for yourself. Just think of it as a baby step. Hang in there! It'll get easier--and fuck anyone who stares! One day your acne's gonna be better, but they'll always be stuck as assholes.

I always get stared at. Mostly by people my age and the only thing i can really do to stop them is by looking back and smiling.

But i think all people on acne.org know the "omg acne" stare. Its nothing to be worried or ashamed about, atleast they cant catch acne.

You really have to think to yourself about why you are getting these stares. Acne shouldn't be causing them everytime someone looks at you. It has to catch the eye, and something like acne normally doesn't. Now think, is it the redness? Or perhaps the severity?

You may not be able to cure your acne, but instead of moping around with the thought you aren't perfect be proactive. Take matters into your own hands by using products known to calm down redness and keep the acne severity down.

For me before and after dealing with acne, seeing it mild/moderate had never bothered me.

Cut down on the paranoia and have a little bit more confidence in yourself. If you think that everybody is staring at you, then in your head that's what they'll be doing. I try to avoid unnecessary eye contact and keep away from mirrors. Well done for going out to treat yourself, I'm sure you deserve it! :)

hhi sweety im so sorry about the looks people give some people just dont seem to have any common sence ey

acne can be devistating people act like they have never seen it before its ridiculous!

next time someone looks at u like that flip em the bird always worked for me mate hahahahaha jk but ask them wtf r u looking at

and FATALBERT911 im so sorry for cruel people looking at you like that its so uncalled for and it just shows how wicked those little wankers r mate

i mean its so silly because they act like its some rare disease its not its the most common skin disease ever people need to study more ey

i bet u r NOT ugly people called me ugly and i model it shows how people love to put others down to make themselves seem better

u guys r not alone

bye<3

Believe me, I know exactly where your coming from. Your not alone. I have moderate acne and when I go in public, I always have this anxiety that people are just staring at my face. I NEVER ever make eye contact with anyone (so 1. I can't see them staring at my face and 2. So I don't see their clear skin which EVERYONE else seems to have in public). And I always cover up my chin because I go these 4 red papules that never go away and their so noticable it's not even funny (going to ask my Derm if he can give me a Cortisone shot for them Thursday). But anyways, back to how it seems everyone has perfect skin in public. When I look at people's faces in public, I'd say 9 out of the 10 people I look at (I'm talking teenagers to adults; not little kids), they have clear skin. Then the 1 out of the 10 will have the 1 or 2 pimples, BUT THAT'S FUCKING IT. No acne. Man, how I would die to just have 1 or 2 pimples instead of acne. If I do see somebody with ANY type of acne (I'm talking minor, moderate, or severe), which is rare, it's usually a mild case and nowhere near my level. God hates us, acne sufferers, evidentally. If he loved us, he'd clear our skin up because he knows how much it affects our lives. Don't look like he's helping us, does it? FML.

Man o man do i know how you feel.. It seems people can't just keep walking bye, I really don't get why people stare at my acne so much either. I mean seriously, you act like you never seen a pimpe/zit. Keep on trucking >.< It's truely hard to deal with the feeling of everyone stareing at you and judgeing you on sight. I get these stares alot when im on the school bus. I try to ignore everyone else and put my head phones on and bump the pain away trying to forget that i even have acne. Acne is cruel period! We need to learn how to deal with certain situations and accept the fact that we have acne and its how we deal with this problem. Talk to a friend about this it really does help. God bless <3 Remember who you truely are before you had acne.

I know exactly how you feel. Ive made myself isolated way too much because of my acne. It seems like everyday no matter what I do I have a bunch of horrible looking pimples with tthe nasty white tops that people like to stare at. I am in the process of trying a new set of acne medications, but I dont have much faith in it making that much of a difference. Some days I can just try to convince myself to get outside and not give a a fuck about how bad my acne looks, but then I get home in look into the mirror again and cannot help but think about how gross I must have looked all day. I wish I could just make myself never think about my acne, but it seems impossible.

Yo man, chill. I know the feeling, I even met rude people asking "What's on your face, did someone beat you up?" , I replied "What's in that head ? Did someone steal your brain ?". Dude , fuck them really , I have acne all over (really) my face and it's noticeable and it sucks.

The good thing about acne is that I quit smoking, I'm eating healthy, in order to protect my ego I learned to give a shit about what every one else thinks about me, I do exercise and I have a body to be envied, I feel good in my skin, I have become mentally and physically strong, I evolved as a man, and when this illness will be over I'll be 100 steps ahead everyone at my age whether it will be 2 or 5 years from now on, this shit will be eventually disappear. Keep it positive.

But I don't ignore the bad things about it, it's hard with the girls, and at this age 19 it's almost like the most important thing aside education.

Sometimes you lose, sometimes you win, hey that's life. But never forget that you have a condition that will push you forward FROM THE INSIDE or destroy you. You are the one who chooses WILL THESE RED SMALL THINGS BRING THIS GREAT GUY DOWN, the answer must be "not a chance."

The best trick to become mentally stable regarding your acne is auto-suggestion, try this for 10 days : every night before you go to bed repeat to yourself until you fall asleep : "I don't care if I have acne, it will be gone."

I tried it and I still care about acne, but this give you enough self-esteem to view the world in brighter colors.

and remember, if someone tries to bring you down it only means you are above them ;)

Cheers,

Theo.

If I'm having a really bad skin day I wear a tight top - then people stare at my wabs instead of my acne. I'm like a genius at visual trickery :)

PS I always accidentally stare at people but not for bad things; this morning I saw a guy who was the EXACT look alike for Prince Charles and I could not stop looking at him. I wasn't being rude or thinking nasty thoughts.

On second thoughts, maybe it was Prince Charles. Princes wear tracksuits too yeah?

sometimes people stare are you because...you are pretty...maybe because you look like someone else (celebrity)...or maybe they like something about you. but i know is hard to think about this when we have acne...i know when people are looking at me because of my acne... or how i dress. i hate when people stare me...even if they are just doing it because they like something about me...or i look like someone else. i have like a special don that i can figure out if somoene is staring at me because of my acne or whatever reason. i stare at them back angry with my crazy eyes jaja and they get very unconfortable and they look away.

hey don´t feel bad! so go the mall...buy some new clothes for you! so you can feel more cute and people are going to see that no matter what you got in your face...you are still pretty. no need to feel down babe. i wish i could be there to hugh you...cause i totally understand you.

Edited by Nair Houston