Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
IamfinallyCLEARandHAPPY

Is sweating good for acne?

Suppose I lay out in the sun for about 15-25 minutes, but of course cover up my face. but the thing is i sweat when im out in the sun, and i sweat on my face. but then I go quickly and wash my face so i'm not so sweaty. Is that going to unclog my pores and make sure my acne goes away fast? Is it good or bad, or doesn't really make a difference?

For me I can be outside for hours sweating as I skateboard, and there will be no change in how my skin breaks out. It is actually good for the skin as it releases toxins from the body. The thing you don't want to do is constantly wash your face everytime you sweat. Perhaps just pat dry GENTLY with a clean towel after being outside and carry on with your normal everyday routine.

Edited by Nostradamus

Suppose I lay out in the sun for about 15-25 minutes, but of course cover up my face. but the thing is i sweat when im out in the sun, and i sweat on my face. but then I go quickly and wash my face so i'm not so sweaty. Is that going to unclog my pores and make sure my acne goes away fast? Is it good or bad, or doesn't really make a difference?

I find that the sun does horrific things to my face.. I break out so bad from the sun but I wear makeup and that's a big reason I believe.

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by i am ashley.

the sun is very bad if you have acne,

i didntk now until it was to late and my acne red marks are a million times worse and didnt seem to ever go away (i work outside in my job).

and 3 days in a row i have put sunblock (Spf 30) and my redmarks finally look like they are fading away :cool:

they are about 50% faded in 3 days, ive been trying to get rid of them for like 4 months (around the same time i started my outside job :doh:.

But to answer your question, water and salt do not clog your pores so it would not break you out.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by i am ashley.

I heard that when you sweat that dead skin cells become loose, so just make sure to rinse your face following a workout or whatever because you dont want them to loosley stay on the skin and dry up

Good question. I've always been told that the sun was good for acne but my skin is always worse in the summer than it is in the winter.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by i am ashley.

the sun is very bad if you have acne,

i didntk now until it was to late and my acne red marks are a million times worse and didnt seem to ever go away (i work outside in my job).

and 3 days in a row i have put sunblock (Spf 30) and my redmarks finally look like they are fading away :cool:

they are about 50% faded in 3 days, ive been trying to get rid of them for like 4 months (around the same time i started my outside job :doh:.

But to answer your question, water and salt do not clog your pores so it would not break you out.

i ment like red marks.

it slows down the healing process alot,

and sweat only clogs pores if you let it sit there instead of washing it off.

if sweat did cause acne every professional athlete would be coverd in zits.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by i am ashley.

Heavy sweating from the direct sun or heavy workout for hours could be little harsh for the skin if not washed out...However, normal sweats from cardio excercises or just walking outside in the sun is not that bad. I mean if you just dab it with a tissue, it should be fine.. I never really got sweat in the US from being in the sun though, but back in my home country, I used to be sweaty all the time while being outside in the sun, thats because my country has pretty hot weather.

Real talk. 'I am ashley' is one of the smartest, most sensible people on this board. I've read a lot of her posts when I looked up the cave man regimen. She actually understands that most of our acne comes from one of two sources:

1) genetics/hormones

2) our over-treatment of our acne with products/washing/picking etc.

Our bodies are wonderful things; it's when we try to alter the way our bodies naturally work, we end up running into problems. Less is more when it comes to treating acne for most people.

And if you're gonna say all this stuff effects acne like masturbation, carbs, sugar, sweat, vitamins etc. etc. etc....

Then I'm just gonna say, oh, well, stress contributes to acne, SO STOP STRESSING. My skin has been getting heaps better since I got off all my harsh products. I've skipped washing my face for a few days - even days where I've sweated buckets, might I add - and nothing bad happened.

I really think if you take a minimalist approach to your acne, you'll be surprised at the positive results.

Edited by Jacob Black

Guest Timehealsall
Real talk. 'I am ashley' is one of the smartest, most sensible people on this board. I've read a lot of her posts when I looked up the cave man regimen. She actually understands that most of our acne comes from one of two sources:

1) genetics/hormones

2) our over-treatment of our acne with products/washing/picking etc.

Our bodies are wonderful things; it's when we try to alter the way our bodies naturally work, we end up running into problems. Less is more when it comes to treating acne for most people.

And if you're gonna say all this stuff effects acne like masturbation, carbs, sugar, sweat, vitamins etc. etc. etc....

Then I'm just gonna say, oh, well, stress contributes to acne, SO STOP STRESSING. My skin has been getting heaps better since I got off all my harsh products. I've skipped washing my face for a few days - even days where I've sweated buckets, might I add - and nothing bad happened.

I really think if you take a minimalist approach to your acne, you'll be surprised at the positive results.

im pretty sure mines is genetic (mom had it even though she rarely used products)

I recently began working outdoors in the sun. I use SPF 80 and my skin looks alot better because of the sunscreen and the tan. Whenever I get a tan, it tends to hide most of my pimples. Feelsgoodman.

I recently began working outdoors in the sun. I use SPF 80 and my skin looks alot better because of the sunscreen and the tan. Whenever I get a tan, it tends to hide most of my pimples. Feelsgoodman.

I have the same result, and it looks fantastic. I should really get into the habit of applying an SPF though. It's a matter of finding one suitable for my skin that would break me out.

I have the same result, and it looks fantastic. I should really get into the habit of applying an SPF though. It's a matter of finding one suitable for my skin that would break me out.

I have oily skin so i use a ultra sheer sunscreen. Its very dry touch so I dont sweat too much. Its high SPF so my pimples dont get red, my skin actually looks lighter throughout the day. Finding one is a hassle but when you do, its like gold.

I have oily skin so i use a ultra sheer sunscreen. Its very dry touch so I dont sweat too much. Its high SPF so my pimples dont get red, my skin actually looks lighter throughout the day. Finding one is a hassle but when you do, its like gold.

A sunscreen that prevents you from sweating or sweat proof?

Humidity really screws up my skin. when's it's hot and sticky i can feel my face f*cking up.

For me I can be outside for hours sweating as I skateboard, and there will be no change in how my skin breaks out. It is actually good for the skin as it releases toxins from the body. The thing you don't want to do is constantly wash your face everytime you sweat. Perhaps just pat dry GENTLY with a clean towel after being outside and carry on with your normal everyday routine.

Agreed. Sweating itself (although it elimates toxins) has no impact whatsoever on acne, provided you wash your face after a period of excessive sweating. but of course you must avoid overwashing, & use a very mild facewash if you are going to wash it 2-3 times a day. preferably only wash twice as day. if its just a little sweat from being in the garden 15 mins i wouldnt worry about it.