Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-...ng-problem.html

I'm not sure why it takes so long for information to travel in this day and age, or why I can't find more about this type of research. Either way, I feel like I've been trying apple cider vinegar with zero results for too long and I found my next (hopefully final) solution. This is the most important part of what you will read if you see:

"A placebo-controlled clinical trial of the products showed they started to clear the skin in three days. Tested on 60 males aged between 12 and 24 with mild to moderate acne, at The San Gallicano Dermatological Institute in Rome, the product significantly reduced or cleared spots, compared with the placebo group. "

Research! A placebo! Behold, the scientific method at work! And a testimonial from an Olympian with a doctor for a dad! This was a man who had similarly given up on other treatments, including antibiotics, well past my current age of 23, and it wasn't until his dad recommended this over-the-counter product that he finally cleared up. Sounds promising to me. I think I found my new treatment.

P.S. I didn't want to link to the product but since it is somewhat hard to find it is called Oxy Anti-Spot Balm. It is apparently only available in Europe. The new formulation contains "Polysaccharide ACP" which contains brown seaweed extract and zinc sulfate. One additional thing to consider is that Oxy and this solution is tailored to males, so I suppose it is less promising for gals here. :doh:

Edited by Victorious D

It sounds like its worth a try, cant hurt right?

i take spirulina (blue-green algae) and I think it definately helps with acne and also any kind of wound/bruise, makes healing faster.