Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wishing2Bclear

Acne break down (I have to let this out)

Today I had a, well how do I put this, um..... psychological break. I was getting ready to go out to dinner with my family, and I was 'putting on my face', as I like to call it. For the past week or so, my acne has been improving so I have been mixing my foundation with my moisturizer, more moisturizer than foundation. But since I picked at some clogged pores, I had these big, nasty scabs on my face that I just could no foundation or concealer cover, no matter how much makeup I caked on. Frantically, I washed my makeup off and then tried again, and then again, and then again. Then I just broke. I walked into the living room and said "I can't make it look good, go without me" the phrase "I can't make it look good" was repeated again and again as I washed my makeup off and tried for the last time to make my skin look good with makeup, as my mom watched, not knowing what to do. I gave up, and collapsed on my bed, crying. My mom tried at first to comfort me, but soon left, I think she didn't know what to do. I hate my skin. I have camp Tuesday, and I'm going to look like a big, pimply mess, and the guy I like will judge me for it. I hate my skin.

Today I had a, well how do I put this, um..... psychological break. I was getting ready to go out to dinner with my family, and I was 'putting on my face', as I like to call it. For the past week or so, my acne has been improving so I have been mixing my foundation with my moisturizer, more moisturizer than foundation. But since I picked at some clogged pores, I had these big, nasty scabs on my face that I just could no foundation or concealer cover, no matter how much makeup I caked on. Frantically, I washed my makeup off and then tried again, and then again, and then again. Then I just broke. I walked into the living room and said "I can't make it look good, go without me" the phrase "I can't make it look good" was repeated again and again as I washed my makeup off and tried for the last time to make my skin look good with makeup, as my mom watched, not knowing what to do. I gave up, and collapsed on my bed, crying. My mom tried at first to comfort me, but soon left, I think she didn't know what to do. I hate my skin. I have camp Tuesday, and I'm going to look like a big, pimply mess, and the guy I like will judge me for it. I hate my skin.

HI WISHING2BCLEAR!

iwant to let you know i am SO sorry your feeling so sad about your skin i have BEEN THERE :doh: dear everything will improve and soon this will all be a DISTANT MEMORY :pray:

I KNOW how it feels putting on your makeup and you feel like "OMG!!!! this isnt helping " but as hard as it is to believe this people wontttt notice your acne as much as you think there too busy focusing on themselves, trust me sweety im sure your stunning!!!! ;) and yor crush should like you for you i know it can be emberrasing but he probably will not notice any acne

u can send me a personal message if u need comforting! God bless :surprised::whistle:

Edited by dollyjoon

It's good to vent sometimes, I've had days where I've collapsed on my bed, just wanting to lie there and think and do nothing on it. It's a good feeling in a way. I've pretty much experienced every emotional episode from acne, people who say acne is not that big of a deal probably don't have acne. Just as long as you don't let acne to prevent you to do things, you'll be fine. Kind of off topic, but in hindsight now I kind of wish I never ran from my acne, one day I kind of got sick of running all the time, I still do, but running from it takes from your life. Your lucky to have makeup tbh, I don't have anything to hide behind which kind of sucks because some days I do feel like hiding. But then again, it's probably a terrible feeling not being able to get your face to look right, etc, and then maybe feel kind of like a phony. Then start asking what if they don't like me without makeup, then I'm ugly etc. Honestly, once you really start to know a person you see the inside most of the time instead of the outside. Like you ever see someone get a haircut or die the hair? You notice it at first but after awhile you forget about it etc.

Well.. I know how you feel about the whole "omgosh this makeup isn't covering this up!" thing.. I had to deal with that today, actually. One thing that you can always do though, is suck it up and rock who you are! The people who are worth caring about are the ones who care about YOU and not your face. =)

Thanks soooooo much for replying everybody, I feel a lot better now! That may be due to the ice cream I guilt-ed my mom into buying for me.... :lol:

But seriously, thanks for the support, you guys rock :)

hey, I do know how you feel girl. I myself have went thru this only to regert missingout on seeing people and having fun. Youre not alone...note to self never pick at face before going out right?

hope your family is supportive.

A

I know how you feel, also. I just recently broke down. :\

Acne had taken over my life. It upset me to the max and I just wanted to disappear.

Then I noticed how I shouldn't let acne take over my whole life. It's just another thing in life we are meant to deal with no matter how crumby it truly is. :\

People don't see our acne the way WE see it. We blow the way our face looks completely out of proportion.

Don't let it get you down and ruin your social life. DON'T LET ACNE WIN!!!

I'm on spiro and it makes me so emotion so this made me cry because I can relate.

I don't go anywhere anymore. My family came into town to visit and they've been having all these get togethers but I don't do anything because I don't want to put make up and ruin it. I just don't go.

Now i'm on spiro and it's honestly helping. But the side effects, which for me is only how I feel emotionally, is terrible. I'm so moody and cry so easily. I guess cuz more of my estrogen is taking over, but OMG I hate this. I'm so angry at myself for having acne. I get angry that nobody in my family doesn't have acne. I cry and cry because this is so terrible.

The worst part is that my whole life I always wanted to major in Broadcast Journalism. But when I went to college and starting my education in the major, that's when I broke out. HORRIBLY. Then I had to change majors because news anchors have perfect skin. This was just terrible. I became lost and still am. Acne is terrible, but to have to give up on your dreams and what you want out of life was the worst....