Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi. First I guess i should say a little about my skin. I am 32 with what my Derm considers mild inflammatory acne. I never had peaches and cream skin but i could deal. Then for the last few years my skin has been beautiful. I started getting Photofacials and microdermabrasion and I was feeling great. The like a MAC truck my skin freaked out about 3 weeks ago and i broke out in a cyst a day in the areas right beneath my ears and one my one cheekbone (I always get the cysts in the same spots ALWAYS) as well a little bumps on my right cheek which I havent had since I was a teenager. Since i was 30 i have a a cyst here and there but lately it has been terrible leaving me feeling ashamed to go out and frustrated. So my derm put me back on finacea and Ziana as I used to use it in the past and it cleared up my skin. We spoke about Retin A as a possibilty but I wanted to start with Ziana and see how my skin reacts to the Tetrinoid as I have very sensitive skin, If it reacts well I will be switching to RAM within a few weeks. I was also prescribed Aczone but I only spot treat when I have a cyst. My derm said I could layer them but it just seems like too many chemicals interacting at once. So this is my log and I will be uploading pics once I find my camera.

****I should note that I was also put in an antibiotic for a sore throat a few days ago So i am having trouble figuring out if the mild breakout of the bumps on my cheek is from the antibiotics killing all the good bacteria as well as bad. with way hopefully the meds clear it up.

If anyone has any suggestions I am more then willing to take advice.

Well Its now been 3 or 4 days on the regimen and nothing spectacular. Not that i was expecting miracles. I did have some bumps come to a head which I guess is good, but its the weirdest thing, I am getting bumps where i never broke out before, and only in very localized spots. I make it a point to keep my hands off my face and try to not wear my ipod head phones very much (I live in NYC and its pretty much a requirement you walk around listening to music to block out all the noise). It was suggested to me to use an exfoliator 2 times a week. I have exfolikate by kate somerville and DDF 5% glycolic wash. Not sure if I should switch from one to the other. Any suggestions?

Well I tried the 5% glycolic wash by DDF the other night and have been continuing with the finacea/ziana. Is finacea suppose to cause IB? I have read other posts that say it has, but then others that say it i snot suppose it. My skin seems to be clearing but then yesterday 2 more zits popped up out of nowhere on my jaw line. And one is sore and kind of deep. I have not been wearing makeup and only spot conceal really red ones because my job requires I work with the public. I have been readinf "Feed Your Face" by Dr. Wu and it does have very interesting information regarding diet and acne. I never considered that before but now that I think of it, it does seem as if the eruption of my face coinsides with when I started trying to eat Greek yogurt for breakfast....

hey i just started ziana as well as ampicillin 2 weeks ago and the results are looking pretty good. Just stick with it and hopefully itll work out for you as it is for me!