Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Well, I just started Acanya today in the morning. When I applied it everything was fine. But then when I looked in the mirror a couple hours later, my face was red in the areas i had applied the medicine. Before Acanya, i used Benzaclin and Tretinoin, and then a while after that fir a very short period of time I used Epiduo. For a long time i stopped using topicals and switched to a more holistic approach. This included sulfur soap, ACV, green clay masks, and etc. The natural things never made my face red (which i loved)! My doctor had given me Doxycycline, which has been doing wonders for my skin! But then recently i went to the derm and she told me that she would like to have me start Acanya.. And so i did today -_- and my face is red. Does anyone know if the redness goes away or if it gets worse?? :confused:

Oh! And i forgot to mention, the reason why i started using acanya was because i felt some pimples and i thought i could use the extra help, but i dont know what to do because i really do t want red skin...

I just started today....I am 48 and a rosacea sufferer. Have had a bad case of acne cystic that is finally clearing up after using domeboro soaks. using cetaphil antibacterial soap. my face is like a battle field very very red on 50% of my face, I look like I have had acid burns....I will see if I can post a picture.Oh how I wish I looked like my profile picture last year.

sigh

bizi

Hey I have been using acanya for about 1 month or 2 not to sure lol but its been okay for me my face doesn't get red but my skin can tolerated quit a lot lol. I use it as a spot treatment. I am now using epiduo in combantion with acanya and also an oral antibotic. Before that I was on retin a micro for 2 1/2 months but it did so so job I had a terrible IB and it was a very slow process. I am hoping I get a better results with epiduo smile.png

My face was beat red after I put it on last night but back to normal this morning.

Is that normal? I am supposed to test it every other night for a while then go to every night.

right now I don't have any acne but a slew of red marks scars and redness.