Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chicago scar face

Recently had subcision and Tca cross for my scars

-I had TCA cross done Thursday June 30th for my icepicks scars,

-Then had subcision done the next morning Friday July 1st 2011 for my box scars and depressed scars.

-I have been off of accutane since January 1st 2011.

For the long holiday weekend i was able to get into the doctors office to take care of my scars. I have previously done tca cross 3 x many years back with pretty good results. The cysts kept continuing so new scars appeared. The tca treatment went smooth as normal. The processes looks simple. The doctor took her time when applying it to each icepick scar. The scabs are very small It doesnt even look like i got anything done.

This was my first subcision treatment. It was more intense than i thought it was going to be. the doctor went through about 4 scars on my left check and worked through the scar tissue below to release the scar. My face was really swollen after but now the swelling reduce except for the areas he did subcision they look a little swollen or lumpy.

Is this normal? should i ice or massage it? should i let it be? do you guys have any tips for after care for subcision.

i already can see enormous reduction in how the scars look form the subcision which looks promising.

-I had TCA cross done Thursday June 30th for my icepicks scars,

-Then had subcision done the next morning Friday July 1st 2011 for my box scars and depressed scars.

-I have been off of accutane since January 1st 2011.

For the long holiday weekend i was able to get into the doctors office to take care of my scars. I have previously done tca cross 3 x many years back with pretty good results. The cysts kept continuing so new scars appeared. The tca treatment went smooth as normal. The processes looks simple. The doctor took her time when applying it to each icepick scar. The scabs are very small It doesnt even look like i got anything done.

This was my first subcision treatment. It was more intense than i thought it was going to be. the doctor went through about 4 scars on my left check and worked through the scar tissue below to release the scar. My face was really swollen after but now the swelling reduce except for the areas he did subcision they look a little swollen or lumpy.

Is this normal? should i ice or massage it? should i let it be? do you guys have any tips for after care for subcision.

i already can see enormous reduction in how the scars look form the subcision which looks promising.

Leave it alone and ask your doctor what to do. Call Monday ASAP. You didn't get a handout with aftercare instructions? Ask for one. :)

i was not provided a sheet with after care instructions but i did ask all those questions to the doctor. I still like hearing other peoples opinions and do my own research.

My doctor answered it by this:

1. ice it for the first day

2. Dont have to massage the subcision spots

3. 4 weeks in if the spots get hard then start to massage it

4. stay out of the sun.

i have researched other opinions and would like to hear what other would have to say from their experience