Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MeMyselfAndI(:

NEED a primer now!....please :)

Hey! :D So I am in need of a good MATTIFYING primer that won't break out my skin and smooth out my pores. I tried Givenchy Mister Mat after being recommended it at Sephora. Within about an hour of use my face is back to its oily self,haha. How much it is doesn't matter,I just want a high quality one. Any recommendations? Thanks in advance! :)

Have you tried Smashbox Photo Finish Light? That's what I've been using, but I'm not sure how I feel about it.

The best primer that you can get for makeup can be found in the feminine care aisle at your local drugstore. It's called Monistat Chafing Relief Gel. It comes in a purple and blue squeezable tube. It's meant for chafing but the dimethicone (silicone) works well as a makeup base. It costs $7. I use it after I shave my bikini line since my inner thighs are always chafed. A lot of people have had success with it and it's a lot cheaper than Smashbox or Givenchy.

It's pretty good stuff! I've heard a lot of great things about it. You should definitely check it out.

It's pretty good stuff! I've heard a lot of great things about it. You should definitely check it out.

Ive heard of it before but never thought it really worked,I'll get some asap! Thank you :)

No problem! Let me know how it works out for you. I know that some people have had issues with silicone because it 'traps' their skin and can sometimes encourage acne, but if you have had success with other silicone based primers, then you should be fine. Anyway, I think it's better to put a barrier on your face and then apply your makeup to avoid having your pores absorb the makeup.

The best primer that i have ever used is called base perfector by sheer cover. you can buy it on the proactive website or at proactive stands at the mall. usually you want to stay away from proactive cause it sucks, but this stuff doesn't. I have pretty oily skin too, but after using this my skin literally isn't oily at all. it contains a lot of calming ingredients too. it says on the tube that it 'smoothes imperfections and minimizes the appearance of pores' and that's exactly what it does. it makes my foundation look matte and its just... amazing (:

i would second the Monistat (MAKE SURE you get the chafing relief powder gel, there is an anti-itch one that comes in the same packaging), apply your makeup, then finish with a setting powder if you have super oily skin. i was set to buy makeup forever's HD setting powder....but it was so expensive...and there's no special ingredient, just 100% silica powder. so i searched around and sure enough there are plenty of sites that sell silica powder for less than 1/4 the price of the HD powder. this is where i bought mine:

also a sidenote to silicone irritating the skin: Dimethicone (the main ingredient in most primers) is a very *special* silicone that allows oxygen to pass through. most likely if your primer is irritating you, it is the other ingredients and/or fragrances causing harm.