Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi everyone. I have had a giant nodule or cyst type pimple behind my ear now for a couple weeks. Today when I tried to pop it, it somehow got pushed down and all the the fluid from the pimple went inside my earlobe. Now my earlobe is swollen. I don't really know what to do about it because I have never had this happen before. I can't see the dermatologist until tuesday because this is fourth of july weekend. Is there anything I can do to fix this problem on my own???? I don't wanna spend all weekend with one giant monkey ear. Please help, any advice is greatly appreciated.

I would say the best thing to do put a cold compress on your ear and put some hydrogen peroxide on the pimple to help clean it and make it go away. Then see your dermatologist as soon as possible because there could be an infectioon in your inner ear which could cause some serious problems.... Good luck :angel:

That sounds like it could be a sebaceous cyst. I remember someone posted about an infected sebaceous cyst on the ear, and it sounded really nasty. I think they had to have it surgically drained. It's good that you're getting it checked out ASAP.