Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CW24

Chances of remission

Hi, I have been on accutane for 4 months now. Im on my last month right now. Things are going great. I havent had a break out on my face for a good month! A few on my back. I was just wondering what the chances of the acne coming back after I am done. It will be a total of 10500mg 70mg a day for 5 months. Im kind of worried to stop taking accutane because im afraid it will come back lol,

Hi, I have been on accutane for 4 months now. Im on my last month right now. Things are going great. I havent had a break out on my face for a good month! A few on my back. I was just wondering what the chances of the acne coming back after I am done. It will be a total of 10500mg 70mg a day for 5 months. Im kind of worried to stop taking accutane because im afraid it will come back lol,

I had the same worry when I was on my first round of Accutane. I actually stayed clear for about 2 years after treatment. After 2 years, I began to develop occasional cysts. Eventually, my acne became worse (2 or more cysts at a time), but this only started maybe 4+ years after stopping treatment. Nonetheless, it's still not as bad as it was before I started treatment.

I've heard that for some people, acne rarely, if ever, recurs after treatment. Unfortunately, I was not among these people!