Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JonnyUK

Moving to Hong Kong + Humidity + Traveling on plane

Hi guys,

So i'm flying to Hong Kong on 17th for an internship. I'm worried that the humid weather will cause a breakout, what are you experiences with hot weather and humidity? I'm currently on week 10 of my accutane course with 6 weeks left.

Also im going to be traveling for very long 18 hour flight plus 4 hour waiting time to change flights. What is the best way to cleanse my face? Im thinking of washing my face with just water when i stop in Russia and just apply moisturiser afterwards. But im not sure if i will be allowed to bring it on the plane with me? Its Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion.

Any tips and advice will be much appreciated :)

Hi guys,

So i'm flying to Hong Kong on 17th for an internship. I'm worried that the humid weather will cause a breakout, what are you experiences with hot weather and humidity? I'm currently on week 10 of my accutane course with 6 weeks left.

Also im going to be traveling for very long 18 hour flight plus 4 hour waiting time to change flights. What is the best way to cleanse my face? Im thinking of washing my face with just water when i stop in Russia and just apply moisturiser afterwards. But im not sure if i will be allowed to bring it on the plane with me? Its Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion.

Any tips and advice will be much appreciated :)

Oh wow Hong Kong. I have never been to Asia before so I can't comment on that. However I have travelled to far places from the UK (think Hawaii, North America and Caribbean). All of these destinations have been sweltering hot. In my experience my skin always looks better from the climate change. The majority of time the UK is cold so, the transition from cold to warm temperature has been a positive one. A combination of perspiration and Vitamin D improves my complexion. Of course you're on Roaccutane so sun exposure is minimal, but you should be okay once you have finished your course.

In regards to cleansing your face during your layover. When I changed flight I didn't do this because my things were locked in my suitcase. However, in your instance you can always pour some cleanser and moisturiser into a small bottle. I think the liquid requirements are 120ml, so just condense it down and you should be fine to carry this on board with you.

Edited by Lady_C

Yeah i think im going to take your advice and put it into a small bottle! Thanks :D You should go asia sometime, really good holiday destinations and its pretty cheap too! *fingers crossed* hopefully i won't breakout

There is a 3-1-1 rule. You can carry on three 100 ml. (3.4oz) bottles of liquid as long as they're in a one gallon clear zip-lock bag.

I suggest you sign onto any airline website and go to the baggage restrictions area of the site to check any updates before you travel.

Edited by Nostradamus

Yeah i think im going to take your advice and put it into a small bottle! Thanks :D You should go asia sometime, really good holiday destinations and its pretty cheap too! *fingers crossed* hopefully i won't breakout

Ah! don't tempt me lol and you are welcome. Yeh I'm sure you will be fine skin wise. I also think you should follow Nostradamus's advice and check on any airline website for any uncertainty that you may have. I generally don't bring liquids on the plane anymore.

For the travel, I would say just wash with plain warm water during your stop over, and nothing else. Dont worry about cleansers or moisturisers.

For the travel, I would say just wash with plain warm water during your stop over, and nothing else. Dont worry about cleansers or moisturisers.

Keep in mind that it is an 18 hour flight + 4 more hours. It's best to be consistent, and wash with whatever you had been using.

Keep in mind that it is an 18 hour flight + 4 more hours. It's best to be consistent, and wash with whatever you had been using.

When I was using cleansers, there were days when I would travel for work, and in the hotel I wouldnt have my normal cleanser. If I just washed with water once and skip the cleanser once or twice, it wouldnt break me out. However, if I used a different cleanser, i would break out. So, thats the reason its best to use water, if cleanser is not available at that time due to some constraints. However, everybody is different, just my suggestion

When I was using cleansers, there were days when I would travel for work, and in the hotel I wouldnt have my normal cleanser. If I just washed with water once and skip the cleanser once or twice, it wouldnt break me out.

It wouldn't really work out for all people, it depends on how prone they are towards breakouts.

When I was using cleansers, there were days when I would travel for work, and in the hotel I wouldnt have my normal cleanser. If I just washed with water once and skip the cleanser once or twice, it wouldnt break me out.

It wouldn't really work out for all people, it depends on how prone they are towards breakouts.

Thats true, thats the reason I said, "Everybody is different, this is just my suggestion".Also, I have observed, its all about mentality,sometimes people just use products because they think they will breakout if they dont use that product even once. Some people do breakout by not using a product suddenly, but then whats the point on being dependent on something so badly, I mean what about people who travel a lot, everytime they do, they will have to put creams and lotions in small bottles and take it with them everytime, which clearly I dont like. I like to be free, thats the reason I am trying to adopt the water only regimen. Let me tell you, when I left my cleanser, the first few weeks were so so hard, and its still hard, like yesterday, I was so frustrated with my breakouts, that I was actually going to use a cleanser again, because I was feeling that I look too oily without cleanser and all dirty, but somehow i controlled and didnt use the cleanser, and then when I took a shower with hot water running down my face for about 1 minute, after few minutes when I looked in the mirror, it looked like I have used a cleanser...So sometimes, its just about mentality..

Thats true, thats the reason I said, "Everybody is different, this is just my suggestion".Also, I have observed, its all about mentality,sometimes people just use products because they think they will breakout if they dont use that product even once. Some people do breakout by not using a product suddenly, but then whats the point on being dependent on something so badly, I mean what about people who travel a lot, everytime they do, they will have to put creams and lotions in small bottles and take it with them everytime, which clearly I dont like. I like to be free, thats the reason I am trying to adopt the water only regimen. Let me tell you, when I left my cleanser, the first few weeks were so so hard, and its still hard, like yesterday, I was so frustrated with my breakouts, that I was actually going to use a cleanser again, because I was feeling that I look too oily without cleanser and all dirty, but somehow i controlled and didnt use the cleanser, and then when I took a shower with hot water running down my face for about 1 minute, after few minutes when I looked in the mirror, it looked like I have used a cleanser...So sometimes, its just about mentality..

Nocebo effect.

I really dont know what nocebo means, and wont be looking up on google for it as well..I dont need to explain you anything, I was just giving my suggestion to OP...Water may not give any positive affect, but may not be harmful in absence of cleanser..that i am pretty sure..

I'm from the UK, and I flew to Dubai a few weeks ago, staying here for another month, and I'm pretty sure Dubai is alot more humid and hotter than hong kong haha it gets 40 degrees + here most days. My skin was doing very well in the UK then when I got here it started breaking out and looking crappy, I thought it was going to go down hill from there. Then after a few days it started to get back to how it was. I guess your skin will just adapt to the change, so dont worry! :D

Thanks for all the comments guys. Im going to put my moisturizer and cleanser in a small 50ml bottle (i think the rules are u can't take anything on board over 100ml) and just cleanse my face during my stop.

Thanks for all the comments guys. Im going to put my moisturizer and cleanser in a small 50ml bottle (i think the rules are u can't take anything on board over 100ml) and just cleanse my face during my stop.

No problem, have fun.