Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Whyyyyyyyyyy am I 22 and still have acne? It's so embarrassing. I just want it to go away. I've had acne ever since going through puberty at 12. Middle School were the worst years of my life, I was literally the only girl with acne. In EVERY class I would be tormented by people teasing me about it, I even had a study hall class with just me and 3 other girls and an absent teacher and the whole class period all they would do is laugh and snicker at me and draw pictures of me to put on my desk and make me feel terrible. I can't face people, I have zero self esteem now. Nothing I do makes it better. It doesn't help that I am 22 and people still mistake me for a 12 year old. I kid you not, I look exactly like I did back in middle school.....same height (5'0), same acne, same everything......my looks never matured so it's like I am stuck in time with this shit. I am so embarrassed about it! I already look 12, why must I still have acne too? Am I forever going to look like a middle schooler? Not to mention my 2 bratty younger siblings, they always love to bring up my acne at the dinner table asking me what all these red marks are and telling me I should go on Proactive, JUST to make me embarrassed, they even do it at family gatherings in front of people! They even say it looks like I have a disease. I guess I am blessed that my acne is only moderate and not severe like a lot of people I have seen (knock on wood), and being tormented my whole life, I would never dream of picking on or making fun of anyone for any reason. Blah, I just needed to vent :boohoo:

Edited by CottonCandi

Ugh that's so... well, douchey of all of them. It's really sad how some people just don't care how they make others feel. What these people may not realize is that the stuff that people say to you when you're a pre-teen/young teen often really sticks and screws will your self-esteem for a long time. I'm sorry :(

have you tried telling your brothers to stop bringing it up?

I have a little sister and a little brother, they don't care, they like to embarrass me. They are at the age now where they are getting some acne. I would never make them feel bad about it.

Whyyyyyyyyyy am I 22 and still have acne? It's so embarrassing. I just want it to go away. I've had acne ever since going through puberty at 12. Middle School were the worst years of my life, I was literally the only girl with acne. In EVERY class I would be tormented by people teasing me about it, I even had a study hall class with just me and 3 other girls and an absent teacher and the whole class period all they would do is laugh and snicker at me and draw pictures of me to put on my desk and make me feel terrible. I can't face people, I have zero self esteem now. Nothing I do makes it better. It doesn't help that I am 22 and people still mistake me for a 12 year old. I kid you not, I look exactly like I did back in middle school.....same height (5'0), same acne, same everything......my looks never matured so it's like I am stuck in time with this shit. I am so embarrassed about it! I already look 12, why must I still have acne too? Am I forever going to look like a middle schooler? Not to mention my 2 bratty younger siblings, they always love to bring up my acne at the dinner table asking me what all these red marks are and telling me I should go on Proactive, JUST to make me embarrassed, they even do it at family gatherings in front of people! They even say it looks like I have a disease. I guess I am blessed that my acne is only moderate and not severe like a lot of people I have seen (knock on wood), and being tormented my whole life, I would never dream of picking on or making fun of anyone for any reason. Blah, I just needed to vent :boohoo:

aw honey cheer up...at least you will never feel old when they stop carding you at the bars, cause when they stopped asking me I was kinda disappointed lol.

my friend is exact same she will be 30 but she looks about 16.

Im sorry about the rude people just ignore them . I also never made fun of anyone in my school days ..but I still ended up on acne.org. Not fair is it?

A

I just have to know why you use a cupcake for your avatar.

Maybe its because she is sweet as cupcake... and like cottoncandi :D

But dont worry about your acne. Everyone must have at least one part of their life that is messed up, and for you (and me), it was the condition of our skin.

If our skin was fine, another part of our life would have been strongly harmed. Perhaps, something to do with family or our careers (knock on wood!). I always try to think of negative aspects in that way. it helps me be more optimistic.

None the less, i still find my self being depressed once in a while. But you know what? Even if i did not have acne i would still find myself being depressed once in a while. That is just the way of life.

But one of the things about acne, is that it has helped me become a more understanding and sympathetic person. I try to relate to other people's concerns and miseries (acne, family issues. abuse, etc. ) even if i have never directly experienced them.

Overall, acne is a good life lesson, morally speaking.

I know this was a long post, but I hope it helped to uplift your mood. Even if i didnt do that, i hope i made you smile somewhere through the post, because there is a sweet joy in knowing that you can make someone, somewhere in the world, smile.

WOW IM SO SORRY THOSE LOW LIVES DID THAT TO YOU!!!! :mad: i know how frusturating acne is but now im on accutane thank goodness but let me tell you i had people make fun of me to its not fun sometimes i woould go home and just sleep hoping it was a dream :boohoo: sweety im sure your gorgous!!!!!!!!! acnesucks! im so so so so so sorry once again for all those horriable people :evil: it makes me so angry ! anyways God bless you sweety ill praay for you ! :pray: have u tried accutane sweety

I just have to know why you use a cupcake for your avatar.

Cause they are yummy! Plus I couldn't find a good pic of cotton candy, lol.

My acne isn't bad enough for accutane. It's moderate, sometimes mild, with some scarring. It looks so bad though, especially because I constantly pick at it, making me look like a meth addict.

Thank you for the kind words everyone, it really means a lot.

Edited by CottonCandi