Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
unbreakable1

What scars do I have? And what will help my skin?

Took these with a 5 megapixel camera so can't see it as clearly as I can.

What scars do I have? Will a derma roller do anything for me? Please give me tips. I hate having such a bumpy face!

post-142622-1309616313_thumb.jpgpost-142622-1309616327_thumb.jpgpost-142622-1309616344_thumb.jpg

post-142622-1309616313_thumb.jpg

post-142622-1309616327_thumb.jpg

post-142622-1309616344_thumb.jpg

Edited by Callum.

tca cross and laser for the majority of those scars

you may have a few deep scars that require subcision, i am unsure, best to go to a dermatologist

Edited by Brawn

@ Brawn:

please stop recommanding TCA cross in every thread. Do you even know anything about this procedure and how it works ?

It seems you don't. Otherwise you wouldn't recommand it in this case.

The pics are not very clear but he definitely has rolling scars and maybe some boxcars too.

His scars are wide and rather shallow, so TCA cross won't do shit for his scars.

@ Callum:

You should should really get subcision and a laser or dermarolling treatent afterward . That seems to be the best thing you can do.

@ Brawn:

please stop recommanding TCA cross in every thread. Do you even know anything about this procedure and how it works ?

It seems you don't. Otherwise you wouldn't recommand it in this case.

The pics are not very clear but he definitely has rolling scars and maybe some boxcars too.

His scars are wide and rather shallow, so TCA cross won't do shit for his scars.

@ Callum:

You should should really get subcision and a laser or dermarolling treatent afterward . That seems to be the best thing you can do.

^

Thanks for the responses. I've purchased a 1.5mm derma roller, how often should I use it to see results? Will I see any results?

if you look closely, most of his scars are shallow, so subcision would not do anything for those

once you eliminate subcision, there really are only 3 things you can do before resorting to excision

1. acid

2. laser

3. dermarolling

all of these methods damage the skin to stimulate collagen production

from my understanding, acid peels are more effective than dermarolling

tca cross is simply a high concentration acid peel that is applied to a spot with a toothpick

i believe that tca cross is more effective than a lower concentration wide area acid peel because it is a higher concentration, there is better control over the treatment area, and similar to the principle of fractional lasers, allows healthy skin around the treatment spot to better heal the damaged spot

tca cross is more effective for icepicks than for other types of shallow scars, but regardless, i believe that, along with laser, they are also the most effective treatments for shallow scars

i have treated my shallow scars (not icepicks) with tca cross and it's definitely effective

Edited by Brawn

if a deep scar is tethered to the subdermis, then subcision would improve it greatly, and it would respond better to subcision than a shallow scar to laser/acid/dermarolling

if a deep scar (non icepick) is not tethered and is due to a loss of collagen, then it would essentially be a deeper, and therefore more difficult to treat, version of a shallow scar

the most difficult to treat scars are probably deep boxcars

Edited by Brawn

Ok thankyou.

Well my 1.5mm dermaroller will be here in a week or so, I'll practise on my forehead (mild lines) as I don't have active acne there and you wouldn't see it if I had a breakout anyway.

Does it matter if it's cheap? It only cost £5.

if you can, sterilize it before using it

and try to only target the lines

if the needles touch the areas around the lines, it'll thicken those areas too, and you'll have no visible improvement