Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
r374rd

help to improve complexion

hi all,

does anyone know of anyway i maybe able to improve my complexion. it gets very oily and i seem to have a lot blotches and bumps., plus large pores. im starting to think that maybe i have some sort of infection or deficiency as ive already been tried so many different products and none have really worked.

thanx for reading

p.s i am an ex-smoker, i quit 3 months ago now and was told that my complexion would improve, but i havent seen any change to be honest. plus this isnt the first time ive quit, ive done it a few times for longer periods.

post-85728-1309608263_thumb.jpg

post-85728-1309608325_thumb.jpg

post-85728-1309608724_thumb.jpg

post-85728-1309608263_thumb.jpg

post-85728-1309608325_thumb.jpg

post-85728-1309608724_thumb.jpg

Your complexion is actually quite good, at least you don't have much red marks, I will kill myself for your skin XD I have oily skin too and I find that toner containing alcohol helps me, it is a kind of astringent and good in decreasing sebum temporarily. Some people tend to avoid alcohol containing product as it is quite irritating especially for those with sensitive skin but since you have oily skin, maybe you can give it a try. Or you can just bring along oil blotter to blot away excess oil anytime. For the blotch and bumps probably glycolic peel will help you?I never try it but people here do have good result from it :dance:

Your complexion is actually quite good, at least you don't have much red marks, I will kill myself for your skin XD I have oily skin too and I find that toner containing alcohol helps me, it is a kind of astringent and good in decreasing sebum temporarily. Some people tend to avoid alcohol containing product as it is quite irritating especially for those with sensitive skin but since you have oily skin, maybe you can give it a try. Or you can just bring along oil blotter to blot away excess oil anytime. For the blotch and bumps probably glycolic peel will help you?I never try it but people here do have good result from it :dance:

thanx for the reply busyguy and thanx for the comment. red marks are not a major problem as i dont get to many spots these days, but i do have alot of brown marks, not sure where these are from to be honest. i do have an astringent that contains alcohol, but it doesnt work to well. how good is the blotting paper? is glycolic a AHA? as ive tried AHA's and BHA's and still dont really have a smooths face, ive even tried microdermabrasion, which works for a bit but then the results fade away. i know it may sound like im knit-picking and i know there are people in worse situations then me(i know what its like to have bad acne) it would just be nice to have 1 thing improve, like the oil or the texture. thanx again

p.s you may need to turn the brightness down on your monitor to get an accurate idea of the photos(brightness hides the details)

Ok, from what I see those brown barks are more obvious on your nose and a little on the cheek, I am not so sure about them but they look like age spot or freckles to me. Do you use sunscreen? I hope you do as when we age our skin tend to be more susceptible to UV radiation that promote melanin production. Many people find sunscreen too greasy so if you need one, find the one that is watery formulation and non-comedogenic. Blotting paper is just a quick fix, I bought many of those so called oil controlling products before but none of them really slow down the production of sebum so I switch to blotting paper which is more cost efficient and give immediate result. Yes, glycolic acid is an AHA. Those home used glycolic peel is only in low concentration, so the result may not be good, only beauty center or derm provide glycolic peel in high concentration. For the texture I can't say much, probably laser will help you?But again I am not doing much research in laser treatment so I will stop suggesting you thing that may not work. You can post at the "Light/laser acne treatments" section, there should be people there able to help you. Oily skin is always a problematic issue for many people as it makes thing look much worse, so far I think accutane is the only drug that will really stop the activity of sebaceous gland. Vitamin B5(pantothenic acid) seems to be working for some people with oily skin issue but they may need to megadose it. It is alright wanting to look good, there is nothing wrong with that :dance: