Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lllhhk

HELP! I just burnt myself with a 60% glycolic/lactic acid peel

So I attempted a 60% glyco/lactic acid peel from skin laboratory

I left it on for over 10mins because I forgot abt it and there wasn't any tingling sensation whatsoever!!

UNTIL I decided to tone my face using a bamboo vinegar/lemon solution that I always do..

Realizing that it was burning my face already, I quickly used a cotton pad soaked with cold water to neutralize my entire face... I rubbed my chin and upper lip area too hard, and some RAW SKIN just appeared!!!

IT STINGS LIKE CRAZYYY when I touch it... and there isn't a scab forming yet...

Did i just scar myself?? :'C I'm so upset and devastated now!! PLEASE HELP ME GUYS.

What should I do?

I applied rosehip oil onto it... and now it doesn't sting anymore, but I can still the mark left on it!!

Perhaps you should go to the doctor since if you can see the skin underneath, it sounds like a chemical burn, and that's quite possible using a 60% peel. and in the future, don't use such a high strength peel if you don't have experience, and even then it's risky. You can try something soothing like pure aloe if you have any lying around. Don't use lemon juice or stuff like that after a peel, you're really overdoing things! Use a PH neutralizer spray in the future as well. Avoid abrasiveness as well, treat your skin very gently because it's brand new, sensitive skin.

Also, wear a hat outdoors for the next week or so, your skin is extra sensitive to UVA/UVB rays, best to avoid sunlight period really. Do be careful in the future, peels are serious business!

Also if you bought that hyaluronic acid serum, that can help with the healing/soothing.

Edited by tim12

Can I put the juice of real aloe vera on it?

ITS HORRIBLE!! Will the raw skin ever recover?

Yes, that will be fine! Don't use the pulp though, just the juice and only the juice. It will recover in time, but no more treatment for a while! Focus on healing your skin :)

You probably just damaged or removed the very outer layer of your skin, which there is no risk of scarring. However, you will need to stay out of the sun for no more than 10-20 minutes at time until your skin heals up. Your skin has no way to protect itself with the outer layer being gone and your skin will be very vulnerable to sun spots, which without treatment, are permanent.

Edited by kidrock29520

i did that to my chest! theres a dark patch thats slowly fading. meh...I am gently exfoliating the area, and alternating between applying clindamycin and aloe vera gel on it, its gotten much lighter.

Did it form a scar though? I already have 2 scar patches on my chin... I can't get another :C

1 question:

What is the "Downtime" between peels?

How often should I used peels?

I remembered before using this peel, I was using a salicylic acid peel almost everyday... that might have eroded too much of my stratum layer :C

The epidermis regenerates fully in less than a month.

If it didn't bleed, you didn't reach the dermis, and hence won't scar.

60% is really strong!

This happened to me when I also used a cleanser containing AHA. I had a horrible burn on the side of my nose and face. Just leave it to heal and it'll be right as rain !

If anybody mentions it, just say it's a patch of eczema! End of story :D

Edited by Guest

Thank you guys for the encouraging messages C': I was so worried... it's slowly healing and I'm just putting rose hip oil on it.