Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
avasaur

Dry skin is persisting what can I do?

I am over a month into the regimen and currently cleanse in the morning with purpose gentle cleanser, then apply BP, then olay complete for sensitive skin spf15 (for the sun). At night I wash with purpose, apply BP, and dan's AHA+. Now, I have extremely dry and flaky skin so I read a lot on these forums and tried jojoba oil..I tried massaging jojoba oil pre-BP in the morning and such but i think it broke me out! I am afraid of breaking out with jojoba oil so i have not being using it again. I continuously apply some of Dan's moisturizer throughout the day sometimes just because I can't even make facial expressions without feeling like my skin is cracking. Help! What can I do? It's not like I'm not moisturizing and yet my skin is super dry and flaky! Should I be applying dan's moisturizer without washing my face like 10 times a day or go for something more moisturizing or what?

Thank you

Edited by avasaur

you might want to try another moisturizer?

I did, I started using Olay complete 15spf because I kept mixing Dan's moisturizer with a neutrogena 90spf as it is very hot and sunny in Chicago these days. I thought these two were highly recommended..what can I look into then? Aquaphor all over the face mixed in with sunblock? Olay complete then aquaphor on top to get the sun protection? Some other brand?

I am over a month into the regimen and currently cleanse in the morning with purpose gentle cleanser, then apply BP, then olay complete for sensitive skin spf15 (for the sun). At night I wash with purpose, apply BP, and dan's AHA+. Now, I have extremely dry and flaky skin so I read a lot on these forums and tried jojoba oil..I tried massaging jojoba oil pre-BP in the morning and such but i think it broke me out! I am afraid of breaking out with jojoba oil so i have not being using it again. I continuously apply some of Dan's moisturizer throughout the day sometimes just because I can't even make facial expressions without feeling like my skin is cracking. Help! What can I do? It's not like I'm not moisturizing and yet my skin is super dry and flaky! Should I be applying dan's moisturizer without washing my face like 10 times a day or go for something more moisturizing or what?

Thank you

I've been on the regimen for almost 2 years and I still combat dry skin. I think it's the nature of the beast. In the winter it's the worst! I mix 2 lotions together and use jojoba too.

have you tried cetaphil moisturizer? I find it highly moiturizing

You find it to be more moisturizing than the Olay one or the Dan? And which cetaphil is it? Does it have spf? I don't find the Olay to be that moisturizing but it had the spf and I need the spf after all.

I've been on the regimen for almost 2 years and I still combat dry skin. I think it's the nature of the beast. In the winter it's the worst! I mix 2 lotions together and use jojoba too.

2 lotions? In your experience what moisturizers do you find most moisturizing? The dryness is outrageous I can't move my face!

If you have the dry skin the olay spf wont moisturize good at all, i have it. The Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion does a far better job at moisturizing than dan's. Cetaphil does have a spf but I found it to be way too greasy.

Edited by pulz

If you have the dry skin the olay spf wont moisturize good at all, i have it. The Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion does a far better job at moisturizing than dan's. Cetaphil does have a spf but I found it to be way too greasy.

So do you use the Cetaphil lotion without spf and THEN on top of that use sunblock? Also, what is the full name of said cetaphil lotion?

Well I never use sunblock since i don't need it, the exact name is Cetaphil Moiturizing Lotion For all skin types it says, don't get the one for dry skin because it has some weird oils.

I beleive some people put the spf on top of their regular moiturizer? I'm not sure, you might want to ask that question to some people that do it or try it yourself.

Well I never use sunblock since i don't need it, the exact name is Cetaphil Moiturizing Lotion For all skin types it says, don't get the one for dry skin because it has some weird oils.

I beleive some people put the spf on top of their regular moiturizer? I'm not sure, you might want to ask that question to some people that do it or try it yourself.

Just got the cetaphil moisturizing lotion for all skin types. I am going to try it today and really hope it helps! I will probably wear sunblock on top of it when I need it outdoors. Wish there was a consensus on which is the best moisturizer though..or at least a ranking of some sort.

You could try shea butter which helps dry skin soooooo much!!! Also you can buy shea butter without any added chemicals so you wont risk making your acne worse :angel:

Thanks for the advice on Shea Butter! So far the Cetaphil is feeling ok in terms of moisture..it does look a bit greasy but in any case my face looks sunburned (despite me using sunblock). It looks like I have rosy cheeks.

Thanks for the advice on Shea Butter! So far the Cetaphil is feeling ok in terms of moisture..it does look a bit greasy but in any case my face looks sunburned (despite me using sunblock). It looks like I have rosy cheeks.

i used to use the cetaphil moisturizer and it was pretty good but in the winter i always needed to use a 2nd moisturizer because my face was so dry and red from using BP. You could try a cucumber mask to make your skin less irritated. you just cut up half of a cucumber and put it in a foos processor or just mash it up with a spoon and then put it on your face for ten minutes. It should really help soothe your skin :D

the downside of the cetaphil its that it is kind of greasy.

Though I stopped using it, I've seen many use CeraVe's moisturizer and love it. It's worth a try. I'm absolutely in love with Dan's Jojoba oil-- it's my little bottle of liquid gold. You could possibly be causing irritation with the continuous applications of moisturizer, which could have lead to the break out. Whatever it may be, I wish you the best of luck.

Hi Everyone,

Your discussion is really helpful and informative, considering I have dry skin too. I'll try to follow your recommendations.

For Avasaur, one sure thing that works and is effective is to drink a lot of water everyday to hydrate your skin. :)

Thank you.

Edited by Samantha Curtis