Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shy Girl

Any thing besides On- the- spot?

Its hard to find and expensive, is there any other product that works as well as this one?

anything by OXY, Clearasil or Clean and Clear?

oh yeah, can anyone see the banner below?

I've used Wal-Mart brand benzoyl peroxide gel. It only comes in the 10% variety so I mix about half a finger with five pumps of Neutrogena Moisture SPF 15 lotion for my entire face. I still use On the Spot but only occasionally as it is SOOOOO expensive IMO. The Wal-Mart stuff works but is more drying so I have to moisturize at night as well; however, I pay $1.86 an ounce versus $4.47 for .75 oz of the Neutrogena stuff. My skin is quite oily so it tolerates it okay but for someone with dry skin it may be too harsh...

And here's a quick story about how I was trying to be clever and save money on BP 2.5%...I went to a dermatologist to ask for a prescription. He wrote it out for 60 grams so I thought "Kewl! For my $8 buck copay I'll get $15 bucks worth of BP." Well, long story short...BP is only covered at a higher copay rate on my insurance and the total cost would be $15 versus $14.38 OTC for about the same amount of BP. Needless to say, I felt pretty silly for trying to beat the system and losing :wink: !

Hope this info helps...

I only used one product up till now and that's Benzac Gel 5, from Galderma. I used this one because I couldn't find that Neutrogena On-The-Spot thing here. Benzac works great for me and I only use about half a fingertip (0.5cm) of it each morning. I combine it with Tea Tree facial wash from the Body Shop to wash my face every morning and evening.

I don't know if Galderma sells its products in Canada (it's a Belgian company). Ans since I've only used this one product, other products might work just as well for me. But I thought I'd share my experience anyway. :D

Greets!

I know i live in Canada and i cant find it at Wal-Mart near where i live... they have Neutrogena On-The-Spot patches and other facials creams but not the acne treatment cream arrrggghh. I dunno why they dont they have it and i asked they said theres none of them.

Anyway i tried shopper drug mart but their product price is usually higher than other stores. However i did find it there but if i remember correctly it cost $11.99 (i think reg. price is $$14.99) for a tiny little tube. I didnt get it though lol...

I think OXY and Clean and Clear offer 2.5% BP is offered are those ok to be used in replacing Neutrogena On-The-Spot acne treatment?

For OXY i remember looking at the OXY 5 (2.5%) it contains alot of other chemicals mixed in, is this bad? Whereas Neutrogena On-The-Spot Ance Cream ingredients only list benzoyl peroxide 2.5%.

ah you lucky i forgot to mention that even OXY 5 (2.5%) is like $5-6 CAN for a tiny tube too. :)

damn expensive at shoppers drug mart!! other places maybe a 1-2 dollar off but still its still expensive in Canada.