Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MeMyselfAndI(:

Kinda embarrassing...but NEED to know the cause!

Soooo...this is kinda embarrassing. But I'm fifteen and I still suck my thumb :shifty: Pretty much all of my friends and family know so its not too big of a deal,haha. I have this blanket that I smell while I'm sucking my thumb. I was just wondering if this is the cause of my acne on my upper lip? I get little whiteheads and pimples all where I rub my blanket. I've tried to stop sucking my thumb but its a really bad habit,hehe. Anywho..any advice or answer to my question is greatly appreciated :D Thank you! Edited by MeMyselfAndI(:

Your blanket could have irritating detergent residue. When I wash my bedding I use one without any fragrance or dyes, and I also use a tad less than the recommended amount. Fabric softeners are also a no-no with some people.

Some people have reported their toothpaste can cause mouth acne.

Also, I think you should definitely stop sucking your thumb. You have to stop sometime, and 15 years old is way past due.

Also, I think you should definitely stop sucking your thumb. You have to stop sometime, and 15 years old is way past due.

Yeah I know...it's time to stop.

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by i am ashley.

Shouldn't really need to know if the blanket causes the upper lip acne. The fastest solution is to just quit cold turkey.

Withdrawal Symptoms FTL!

My cousin sucked her thumb well into her teens...it was a comfort thing and she had a rough life. It's a difficult habit to break.

Touching your face for long periods like that could definitely cause acne. Also, sucking your thumb can really mess up your teeth and jaw. My cousin had to have surgery and couldn't eat solids for like a month afterwards.

My cousin sucked her thumb well into her teens...it was a comfort thing and she had a rough life. It's a difficult habit to break.

Touching your face for long periods like that could definitely cause acne. Also, sucking your thumb can really mess up your teeth and jaw. My cousin had to have surgery and couldn't eat solids for like a month afterwards.

I dont suck my thumb that much,mostly just smell my blanket. But yeah,I had to get braces a couple years back. I dont know if it was from the thumb sucking though.

I'd think it has more to do with the rubbing than any detergent residue. I know that rubbing my skin a lot definitely causes whiteheads and pustules, along with worsened irritation/redness.

And yes, stop sucking your thumb.

Thank you! Im going to try to stop..wish me luck.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by i am ashley.

Other things may contribute towards why you are breaking out, but the most obvious one is sucking your thumb and smelling your blanket.

If you stop doing it, your skin will most likely not breakout.

You already know your cause!

i think the others have already told you the reason :)

anyways, in my country you can always find interesting remedies for everything hehe...many times i've seen people sucking their thumb, and their mothers put something spicy in their thumbs so they stop sucking them. give it a try

haha the blanket issue is funny...it smells too good? haha or its just your kid blanket which you love?

anyways, in my country you can always find interesting remedies for everything hehe...many times i've seen people sucking their thumb, and their mothers put something spicy in their thumbs so they stop sucking them. give it a try

Clever, but people have 2 thumbs! :)

haha the blanket issue is funny...it smells too good? haha or its just your kid blanket which you love?

I'll just suck off the spicy stuff..hahaha. The blanket is a security blankie,Ive had it for a really long time and smell it to feel comforted.

I'll just suck off the spicy stuff..hahaha. The blanket is a security blankie,Ive had it for a really long time and smell it to feel comforted.

haha that's cute

Cya, the Org.

Edited by i am ashley.

You really remind me of a girl I went to elementary and 6th grade with! And we're almost the same age too. So this is totally weird because you're probably not her but there's still that miniscule chance... Did you go to Lincoln Elementary for fifth grade? And Disco for sixth?

Also, yeah, that's probably the cause of your acne. And the glove idea is good! Especially if you wear really nice gloves so you don't want to mess them up, PLUS your hands look cool! :D

You really remind me of a girl I went to elementary and 6th grade with! And we're almost the same age too. So this is totally weird because you're probably not her but there's still that miniscule chance... Did you go to Lincoln Elementary for fifth grade? And Disco for sixth?

Also, yeah, that's probably the cause of your acne. And the glove idea is good! Especially if you wear really nice gloves so you don't want to mess them up, PLUS your hands look cool! :D

Who knows, maybe you know her!

I used to know a girl when I was around 7 years old who had a blanket and sucked her thumb. I remember she smelled bad because of it.

No sorry went to totally different schools,haha. That'd be so weird though!! :) Also,idk if I want to wear gloves everyday,im weird enough as is..hahaha. Might as well try it though! Thanks

I used to suck my thumb. Try putting a sock over it at night, and whatever you do, don't take it off in the middle of the night! I think when I got braces I stopped, because my teeth hurt so bad lol.