Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acne1231234

What if you had clear skin???

Obviously all of us (I think??) are striving to get clear skin. If you were to wake up tomorrow and have perfect complexion how would your personality or life change?? I know for me I would be a completely different person, no longer shying away from social interaction, just enjoying life...how about you guys?

I would move on to my next problem... which is probably worse than acne.. lmao

or I may be a face model, b'cause i'll automatically be the best looking person in the world. Chyea!

Edited by Wangod

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by i am ashley.

I've always thought that once my skin was clear and beautiful again, I'd miraculously recover all my confidence and personality. I assumed that my acne and scarring were holding me back from being the person I wanted to be; they were just a barrier to my being happy. I've now realised that for me, my skin has affected me too personally. I don't believe I'll ever be able to revert back to how I was before acne. My self-esteem and confidence issues go further than skin deep. In other words, acne or no acne, I don't think it will make a sizeable difference. Melodramatic yeah, I know :)

Edited by maimy

Honestly? I would probably check myself out in the mirror in disbelief for about 10 minutes.

I would then pull all my hair into a ponytail and put on a strapless tank top and go hang with my friends with a HUGE smile on my face.

I have entirely clear skin about 98% of the time, including now, so long as I stick to the DK regimen.

It's made a vast difference to my life. I certainly get out and about in the world much more than I used to. There is rarely a day when I'm not out walking, socializing, shopping, interacting. Once you finally get the problem under control (or better yet gone naturally), everything changes and you appreciate your freedom more than you ever did before you had the curse of acne blight your life.

I don't know, I don't suppose I'd be all that different. I'd be able to let go of some stuff and be happier. I'd be able to like myself I guess. I do try, but I really struggle to get past my skin problems. If I were to believe what my doctor told me the last time I saw him, my acne is going to be with with me pretty much forever, to some degree, so I don't suppose I have much choice other than to get on with it. Otherwise I'll just be trapped in an existence forever rather than actually living a life.

Edited by PaulH85

I'd be very happy! Like, "AWWWWW YEAHHHHH!"

Then I'd wonder what happened to make it so clear!

And I wouldn't change that much, except I'd be much less insecure, because my acne's the only thing that holds me down! And I'd be able to spend less time putting on makeup!

I'd look into peoples eyes more as I talk to them. I'd walk with my head up. I'd definitely smile more. I wouldn't be more social though...I prefer spending time with family and books than going out and being a social butterfly. Plus, I'm allergic to people. :P

I will be able to embrace the public once again and do not give excuses when my friend asking me out, but i wonder when this day will come :wacko:

I would stare at myself in a magnifying mirror for a few hours while crying uncontrollably. I'd be able to talk to people like a normal person instead of the way I do (avoid eye contact, step away when they get too close so they can't see my skin, etc.) Of course, this is depressing me because I will never have perfect skin that I want. Even if it's clear, I have saggy disgusting pores

It would be one of the following 3 things. . .

1) I would have a load off my mind and would be able to think clearly and not have every thought occupied by my skin. I would be able to go to clubs and talk to women and just talk to people in general and walk around without looking at the floor and trying to get back inside as quick as possible. I would have the confidence to go and get a job and do something with my life and do all the things i've let acne stop me from doing.

2) I would obsess over my skin (probably more obsessed than when i had acne) and instead of constantly worrying about acne i would be constantly worrying about my acne coming back.

3) My skin would be clear but i would still be the same nervous, socially inept outcast who dosen't have any social skills or life experience and i would realise i could recover from what having acne did to my skin but not my confidence.

Over the past few years i've spent every day waiting for number 1 but the realization has slowly been creeping up on me that when/if i get clear skin it will be number 3

As somebody's already said, I'd move onto the next "problem". I've had clear skin multiple times between horrible breakouts, and even if I was guaranteed not to end up covered in acne again, I'd still be too paranoid about breaking out to actually enjoy having clear skin.

I'm 90% clear at the moment so now I've gone back to thinking I'm too fat. It's just a vicious cycle. But hey, I'm happy anyway, or something... :lol:

I'm almost clear at the moment, and I was dying to get my skin to where it is now.

Honestly, I'm so full of regret. Having clearer skin didn't automatically make me better with people, it didn't really do anything for me except make me a little prettier.I had the power to be outgoing all along, no matter what my skin looked like. I wasted so much of my life feeling sorry for myself when I could have been doing something productive and fun with my life.

I'm making up for it now, but your skin's clarity should NOT prevent you from doing things. Some people say rude things, but those same rude people would find anything wrong with a person to prod at.If it's not acne it's your weight, your hair, your teeth....and they're just as insecure with something about themselves. Screw those people.

I've always thought that once my skin was clear and beautiful again, I'd miraculously recover all my confidence and personality. I assumed that my acne and scarring were holding me back from being the person I wanted to be; they were just a barrier to my being happy. I've now realised that for me, my skin has affected me too personally. I don't believe I'll ever be able to revert back to how I was before acne. My self-esteem and confidence issues go further than skin deep. In other words, acne or no acne, I don't think it will make a sizeable difference. Melodramatic yeah, I know :)

I completely agree, I was about to write pretty much the same thing lol I think I blame all my confidence/anxiety issues on "acne" but I think thats just me looking for something to put the blame on, so I dont have to meet new people, ask that girl out, etc...So If I were to wake up tomorrow with clear skin, I doubt it would make any difference to my life. I'd probably just be a little less stressed, and maybe a little happier, but who knows we will see...

I have very clear skin now. I only have a couple very faint red marks that are pretty much close to being gone. Although I don't wear makeup and am much more confident these days, I really don't think I'll ever be happy with my skin. It's pretty sad, really. I need to work on my self esteem. I find myself constantly checking my reflection. I don't stare and pick at all but glance every now and then. I don't understand what's wrong with me, but I still have issues with my confidence level. I think once I'm out of this adolescent stage it will become a lot easier. For now, I still have to deal with my old habits.

I'd look into peoples eyes more as I talk to them. I'd walk with my head up. I'd definitely smile more. I wouldn't be more social though...I prefer spending time with family and books than going out and being a social butterfly. Plus, I'm allergic to people. :P

LOL......wow we are very similiar.

During my childhood days I was always an introvert so having clear skin wouldn't automatically convert me into a socialite. I'd probably cry to begin with and think it's some type of sick joke. Once reality kicks in I'd ditch the hats, change my hairstyle and wear backless tops lol. I guess having clear skin for me would make socializing A LOT easier because I wouldn't have that voice in my mind saying 'they're looking at how bad your skin is' so that would be a huge weigh lifted off my shoulder. In essence it would be my ability to pick, choose and refuse when to socialize and what to wear that would be the most uplifting thing for me.

If I had school I would just quickly run to school and say "hi" to all my friends and maybe some people I don't know. If I didn't have school I would call every single one of my friends and tell them to hang out.

But I would still need to work on my body acne.

it won´t make any difference to me...since i live a wonderful life...i would feel so happy if i had clear skin which i feel happy now...even though i don´t have super clear skin. for me...acne is not a problem anymore...it used to be before...i admit that i used to cry and said how unfair life was for me...but...there are sooo many other things in life that are much more important...i know you hear this everyday but...it´s the truth honey. i´ll rather have a face full of acne than being in a hospital with cancer or any other terminal disease. life is beautiful and short...we only got a chance to live it once...there´s no time in my life to worry 24/7 about my acne. i have alot of important things in this life to worry about and to achieve. i want to have a good career, a wonderful family, going to different places etc. i enjoy life sooo much...if you ever had an opportunity to meet me in real person...you wouldn´t believe how much i enjoy my life. i thank god every day and night how thankfull i´m to him...for having a very healthy body and mind. i go to the gym, i fix my hair, i wear pretty clothes...i wear cute purses...i enjoy life! i don´t let nobody to insult me or try to put me down... i admit...my acne is mild...but is still a struggle it doesnt matter if you have mild, moderate or severe acne is still the same thing...and i´m in the same shoes as you and everyone on this blog. but i love life so much!...i don´t have time now to think about my acne...i do take care of my skin and i do wish to have clear skin...but...having a clear skin isn´t everything in this life...and is not a important thing to achieve. some people have clear skin but they are either in a weelchair...or they have a terminal disease. sometimes bad things has to happen to someone to realize how good life is and to learn that having a clear skin isn´t everything in life. i know having acne is very very depressing...i even lost two friends...they killed themselves because they couldn´t handle acne anymore. when that happened...i realize that...there is always a solution to a problem expcet death. death shouldn´t be an option to solve your problems at all. we got to face our problems and enjoy life, because we live life once!

sooo many people who are in hospital or are dying would love to have acne instead of a terminal disease. wake up people! is time to learn how to accept ourselves and live life to the fullest. if you are a healthy person...if you are smart...if you are capacitated to have a job....why worrying soo much about acne? acne is a problem that has a solution.

I want to say that I would throw on a tiny tank-top, blow out my hair, and put on makeup to make myself prettier, not to cover myself up, and then I would ask out the guy I like.

But, I think my self-esteem and confidence problems aren't really because of my skin, because now that my skin is clearing I'm starting to find new problems with myself, such as my thighs are too big, or my nose is too big, or I'm just ugly in general. So I think if my acne was gone, I would just find something else wrong with me.

I want to say that I would throw on a tiny tank-top, blow out my hair, and put on makeup to make myself prettier, not to cover myself up, and then I would ask out the guy I like.

But, I think my self-esteem and confidence problems aren't really because of my skin, because now that my skin is clearing I'm starting to find new problems with myself, such as my thighs are too big, or my nose is too big, or I'm just ugly in general. So I think if my acne was gone, I would just find something else wrong with me.

sweetheart...try not to find something that you don´t like about yourself. i mean...accept who you are...because if you are going to start saying all the things that you don´t like about yourself than...you will always struggle with things in life. learn how to accept yourself...i bet you are a beautiful young girl...and i bet that there are tons of guys who would love to be with you...the thing is that...you don´t know it yet. ;)

so...we all have something negative to say about ourselves...weather we don´t like our hair...nose...skin tone...etc etc. but you must take all the things you have an make it positive. accept who you are...you don´t want to look ugly after all those surgeries that you made because you didn´t like the way you look...and what happens if you do a surgery on your face and then it looks ugly or something bad happened on the operation...and then you get disfigurated...then you are not going to feel pretty. keep your head up babe...you are a beautiful woman!