Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

This is the question I keep asking myself these days. Are we not taking good care of our skin enough?I clean my face everyday,change tower and pillowcase,use topical cream etc but it is still not enough to keep acne under control. People here probably take care of their skin far more than those people out there with great skin that they don't even need to bother of. And yet we are the one suffering from acne. I know acne is link to genetic thing, and i can't blame anyone for that, but I don't see my friends around have acne as worse as mine. They do get some pimple once in a while but it is no big deal. I don't know what to do anymore :cry:

ya I feel you , I take care of my skin like a freaking celebrity that has a personal derm! haha and the stupid thing when they ask what happened to your skin " barely does but sometimes " what can you answer them rather than you take care of your skin better them they do.! xD

Tried diets and stuff but still theres something wrong ...

Edited by AlejandroJ

Maybe we get a decrease/disadvantage in one aspect, skin, and get an increase/advantage in some other aspect (maybe). I just havent found my "advantage" yet.

I know how you feel. Im so envious of my friends when I stay with them and they dont even wash their face before bed. Then they wake up and their skin is still flawless. Its TOTALLY unfair. Haha. I dont wash my face for one day and I get 3 new cysts. :/

I know how you feel. Im so envious of my friends when I stay with them and they dont even wash their face before bed. Then they wake up and their skin is still flawless. Its TOTALLY unfair. Haha. I dont wash my face for one day and I get 3 new cysts. :/

I have so many friends like that. Its so depressing. They try to "help" me by advising me to buy a good cleanser to wash my face and drink lots of water.

Urgh, i would rather have them give me no advice at all, than to hear that overrated statement over and over again.

Oh well, i feel like its karma from something shitty i've done in my past life (i believe in that). So im forced to bear with it.

And yeah i do have some advantages, but acne prevents me from fulfilling them as well. The face is the first thing a person notices about you, and to have it coverd in zits and marks makes me look unhygenic and "not proper". This prevents me from shopping, dancing, and other things that i love doing (or used to love doing).

Acne is evil and I just happen to be its victim.

This is the question I keep asking myself these days. Are we not taking good care of our skin enough?I clean my face everyday,change tower and pillowcase,use topical cream etc but it is still not enough to keep acne under control. People here probably take care of their skin far more than those people out there with great skin that they don't even need to bother of. And yet we are the one suffering from acne. I know acne is link to genetic thing, and i can't blame anyone for that, but I don't see my friends around have acne as worse as mine. They do get some pimple once in a while but it is no big deal. I don't know what to do anymore :cry:

Life's not easy, we all have our battles, this is yours; Win it

Acne and the scars...just suck. :(

Everything happens for a reason...but why do we have to deal with acne/scars? Hahaaa. Geeez...

Aw, I know how you feel :comfort:

It's so annoying and hard some days, but life won't give you a break, and you have to keep trudging along even thought you're tired of it.

I know tons of people who do NOTHING at night or in the morning and they look amazing, and people roll their eyes and shit when I say I have to go "wash up" ... but I KNOW I have to or I'll seriously regret it. So screw them.

I'm sure things will work out soon enough. I know it's really hard, but you can do it :)

Acne and the scars...just suck. :(

Everything happens for a reason...but why do we have to deal with acne/scars? Hahaaa. Geeez...

hang in there pretty girl

I'm sure people with cancer, missing limbs and disabilities ask the same thing...You just gotta play the cards your dealt.

True that, im sure a lot of people have it way worst than me. So maybe i should be thankful, but somethings is hard... cuz acne really SUCKS

I'm sure people with cancer, missing limbs and disabilities ask the same thing...You just gotta play the cards your dealt.

True that, im sure a lot of people have it way worst than me. So maybe i should be thankful, but somethings is hard... cuz acne really SUCKS

Dont worry man, I'm not blaming you haha when I complain about my skin to my friends they say "You shouldn't worry about your skin so much, it's fine" but I dont listen to them, it's very hard to just forget about it, and to not worry :(

Edited by rubberduck

Guest Timehealsall

IMO it depends. If you have acne and it goes away with no scarring, THAN NO PROBLEMO!

Scarring is the issue.

IMO it depends. If you have acne and it goes away with no scarring, THAN NO PROBLEMO!

Scarring is the issue.

I think having visable acne is worse than scars ><

Idk, maybe bad luck.

I tend to think it's some type of allergic reaction to something, and that's the way our body reacts to dispose of the waste. Everything these days is chemically modified, even our drinking water.

Guest Timehealsall

Scarring is the issue.

I think having visable acne is worse than scars ><

Is this a joke?

If the visible acne DOES NOT SCAR... THAN it will only be temporary. a SCAR is there for life.

Scarring is the issue.

Agreeeeed! I can handle the pimple...but the scars just suck!!! :\ Some stay...and some do eventually go away. And when they become pitted scars...UGH! :|

agree. I feel that acne can always be controlled, (if anything, accutane), but marks and potential scarring left over is what really sucks.

I have friends who get the occasional break out (even somewhat moderate/severe), yet they seem to get red marks for only about 2 weeks, followed by a month of brown marks, and then clear.

compared to some of us, years and still no signs of clearing.

I feel that though... although acne sucks, we can use this experience to become more mature, build character if anything. Knowing that blemishes can severely alter confidence and whatnot, we can relate that to other people who may be overweight, disfigured in some way, or just like us, acne. Think about all the pessimistic, immature kids (adults) out there. Don't you think acne has made you more humble in some regards?

but in any case, yes, acne is sure a horrible evil lol

sometimes is not about if you take care of your skin or not. when something comes genetic...there´s no way to stop it without professional help. some people who have cancer ask the same question that you are asking...why do they have cancer? why some people are black? why some people are white? why some people are tall and others short? etc etc the list goes on and on. sometimes things happen for a reason and sometimes don´t. but we need to learn to live with what we have. my acne is mild...but it doesn´t bother me too much now...because i learned how to accept who i´m. i do want to solve this problem...i do take care of my skin...and i do want to make things better...but when something seems to be there with you all the time for example acne...we have to learn how to live with it...so at the same time we try to find a solution. i´m not saying to you that you should accept yourself and live with your acne for the rest of your life...but we first have to see other qualities that we have...when i look at myself in the mirror...i see other cute things about me...maybe my eyes? maybe my hair? you got to find something that you like about yourself...and show it to the rest of the world. people love my hair, my lips and my eyes...they don´t even comment on my acne...i guess that...when you show to others that you are secure about yourself it reflects in the outside and people see that!. and when they see that you are a secure person no matter what...they are not going to put you down...they are not going to comment on your acne (unless they are envious of you because if your personality) having a good personality...not in a cocky way...you can achieve soooo many things...and people are going to feel that you are a strong person. in this world...in this life...people don´t like to see secure people...but it´s up to you...not to let others make fun of you.

sometimes is not about if you take care of your skin or not. when something comes genetic...there´s no way to stop it without professional help. some people who have cancer ask the same question that you are asking...why do they have cancer? why some people are black? why some people are white? why some people are tall and others short? etc etc the list goes on and on. sometimes things happen for a reason and sometimes don´t. but we need to learn to live with what we have. my acne is mild...but it doesn´t bother me too much now...because i learned how to accept who i´m. i do want to solve this problem...i do take care of my skin...and i do want to make things better...but when something seems to be there with you all the time for example acne...we have to learn how to live with it...so at the same time we try to find a solution. i´m not saying to you that you should accept yourself and live with your acne for the rest of your life...but we first have to see other qualities that we have...when i look at myself in the mirror...i see other cute things about me...maybe my eyes? maybe my hair? you got to find something that you like about yourself...and show it to the rest of the world. people love my hair, my lips and my eyes...they don´t even comment on my acne...i guess that...when you show to others that you are secure about yourself it reflects in the outside and people see that!. and when they see that you are a secure person no matter what...they are not going to put you down...they are not going to comment on your acne (unless they are envious of you because if your personality) having a good personality...not in a cocky way...you can achieve soooo many things...and people are going to feel that you are a strong person. in this world...in this life...people don´t like to see secure people...but it´s up to you...not to let others make fun of you.

Thanks! You make some valid points there. And yes compare to those people with chronic disease, I am considering myself lucky enough. But still my acne has bother me so much, for those people with acne for many years, they should understand it. For many years I hope that my acne will go away one day but that day seems never come. I am growing tired of the day keep waiting when my friends around have eventually grow out from their acne. I had a friend that had so much worse acne than mine last time and guess what, his skin now looking 10x better than me. My mood is like roller coaster these day, sometime I feel ok sometime like shit, but I do it helps a bit when I am with friends than when alone, at least it makes me stop thinking about my acne temporarily :cool:

Totally agree david1017

I have friends who get ONE ITTY BITTY TINY zit...that's not even red and they whine. :| I just stare at them and sometimes want to slap them. Haha. My scars are not horrible, but they are still worse than many people's.

Having acne helps build who we are i guess. haha. eventhough it really suckkkss.

And my acne is part of genetics... :\

Edited by Jennaaaay

I find it so funny that we (being those that are/were envious of our friends for not washing their face and having so little acne) never consider that their lack of washing could actually be the reason that they don't get acne! Because simplistically put, that is the reason!