Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jamie Ann

FINALLY made the Accutane decision!- Accutane log

Do u ever blush? I know that's random but ugh .. I guess I'm just aggravated because I always blush and it's sooo embarrassing. sad.png

Blush? As in, turning red?

Lol. Yeah! It happens to me so much sad.png

Yes!! This happens to me too sad.png It's quite horrible. & it feels like my face is super hot.

YESSS! That happens! I wasn't sure what she meant by blush but my face often has a pink tone to it. It sucks! And it does feel hot a lot.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard//public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png[/img]' timestamp='1326597699' post='3204713']

Do u ever blush? I know that's random but ugh .. I guess I'm just aggravated because I always blush and it's sooo embarrassing. sad.png

Yes!! This happens to me too sad.png It's quite horrible. & it feels like my face is super hot.

YESSS! That happens! I wasn't sure what she meant by blush but my face often has a pink tone to it. It sucks! And it does feel hot a lot.

I actually was looking at some other threads, and some guy's face was SUPER RED. & i mean tomato-red. But he said it was like that on accutane most of the time. And he was complaining that his redness didn't subside, but I think his was extreme, therefore permanent/longer lasting.

I think we should be fine, but i read somewhere (on the internet, lol, maay not be totally trustworthy), that if it starts occurring more frequently or deepening/more red, you should tell your doctor because it could be rosacea which could be long-lasting. I think I was overreacting tongue.png It's not too bad.

It's like a light sunburn...most of the time. I haven't used SPF yet, but I don't go outside like ever lol.

Edited by nick :)

Yeah if yours is just a light pink it's not too big of a deal! Plus your doctor would say something if it was getting too bad. :)

It makes me pissed ! Omg. It's like embarrassing.. But mine started when I began using Retin-A before I ever started Accutane but it still hasn't gone away. It's kinda better though. Still there though. And if I'm mad or embarrassed or sneeze or something I turn real red. Ahhh!

http://www.acne.org/messageboard//public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png[/img]' timestamp='1326597699' post='3204713']

It makes me pissed ! Omg. It's like embarrassing.. But mine started when I began using Retin-A before I ever started Accutane but it still hasn't gone away. It's kinda better though. Still there though. And if I'm mad or embarrassed or sneeze or something I turn real red. Ahhh!

It is embarrassing. :(

You're so close!! I'm happy for you...I cant wait to see your final "after" pictures. Way to go girl smile.png

Thanks so much! :D I will definitely be posting some good before/afters when I'm done with my course. :)

Anyone else get this? Anyone else TIRED of getting this?

Person:Omg! Why are you on Accutane, you have beautiful skin!

Me: Um...that's cause Accutane WORKED.

Dumbasses. D:

Dumbasses. D:

Haha no... but I look forward to it!! x x

Dumbasses. D:

It's just that people view Accutane so negatively for some reason! It's got a bad rep. :( But yeah it's a good confidence booster, can't wait for it to happen to you! :D

Dumbasses. D:

It's just that people view Accutane so negatively for some reason! It's got a bad rep. sad.png But yeah it's a good confidence booster, can't wait for it to happen to you! biggrin.png

meee toooo!

I understand entirely what you mean... my line of work is pretty 'holistic' and I get a fair amount of comments :/ ....yes I HAVE tried everything else... no I DONT choose to be on this drug that could potentially damage my liver and give me crazy side effects just for poops and giggles.... x x

Dumbasses. D:

It's just that people view Accutane so negatively for some reason! It's got a bad rep. sad.png But yeah it's a good confidence booster, can't wait for it to happen to you! biggrin.png

meee toooo!

I understand entirely what you mean... my line of work is pretty 'holistic' and I get a fair amount of comments :/ ....yes I HAVE tried everything else... no I DONT choose to be on this drug that could potentially damage my liver and give me crazy side effects just for poops and giggles.... x x

I know right? We're doing this in order to save our skin from further damage. The only people who understand Accutane are those that have been on it or have considered going on it. We're willing to risk the potential side effects for a REASON and that reason is to clear up our skin. Keeping zits and acne on your face for an extended period of time is NOT GOOD!!! People don't get it. I'm dealing with the consequences now of not going on Accutane earlier!

Thought I'd stop by and see how things are going. When is your last day?

Edited by Again!

Thought I'd stop by and see how things are going. When is your last day?

I have 9 pills left! :D It's going really well, face hasn't changed much. But my hands have developed this awful eczema so I'm really counting down the days now. So it can go away. My derm said that I just have the gene for this skin condition but it's only showing now because of this drug. So it should clear up. All else is perfect!

Only 8 pills left to swallow. :(

I feel like I'm some kind of drug addict and someone is about to take away my drugs in 8 days! I am so worried about getting off this medication! Can I stay on it forever? :)

Haha. But seriously, I'm so scared!

Yaaaay ! Ur almost through ! Aren't u excited ? Though I can tell ur anxious . I guess I'll have to get back on it whenever I can . I'm happy for you (:

Yaaaay ! Ur almost through ! Aren't u excited ? Though I can tell ur anxious . I guess I'll have to get back on it whenever I can . I'm happy for you (:

So excited! :D Yet scared! I'm hoping you can get back on it soon. :(

Yeey, Congrats!!!

I am also off pill for 3 days, so happy.. My eczema was driving me crazy, in the last 3 weeks or so it was getting worst and worst, horrible.

Also my hair was falling out more.. pretty scary. Now Im off the pill - its amazing I do not need to worry when to eat and that I DO have to eat 3 times a day.

Anyways, I was little worried I noticed 2 little blemishes on my face yesterday (one next to eyebrow and one on cheek) Really weird, thank God, one on cheek is almost gone today (it was really small), the other one is still there but I hope it will go away too.. Kind of strange to get a zit 3 days after Accutane's final pill.

My red marks are still there - on cheeks, so I will see dermatologist in US (its expensive here as I had only insurance from Canada) (I moved to US).

My Laura Mercier does wonders for covering my acne marks but I still want to find something that helps to fade them faster.

Do you have to see derm after you are finished with course? As I moved, I am not seeing my derm anymore, so they wont know about my results. And it might be difficult to explain new derm about the whole process, as he didnt see me before.

Yeey, Congrats!!!

I am also off pill for 3 days, so happy.. My eczema was driving me crazy, in the last 3 weeks or so it was getting worst and worst, horrible.

Also my hair was falling out more.. pretty scary. Now Im off the pill - its amazing I do not need to worry when to eat and that I DO have to eat 3 times a day.

Anyways, I was little worried I noticed 2 little blemishes on my face yesterday (one next to eyebrow and one on cheek) Really weird, thank God, one on cheek is almost gone today (it was really small), the other one is still there but I hope it will go away too.. Kind of strange to get a zit 3 days after Accutane's final pill.

My red marks are still there - on cheeks, so I will see dermatologist in US (its expensive here as I had only insurance from Canada) (I moved to US).

My Laura Mercier does wonders for covering my acne marks but I still want to find something that helps to fade them faster.

Do you have to see derm after you are finished with course? As I moved, I am not seeing my derm anymore, so they wont know about my results. And it might be difficult to explain new derm about the whole process, as he didnt see me before.

I'm so happy for you, being off the pill! :) Must feel great! 2 blemishes? Try not to worry cause stress just adds to acne! :D Keep strong sweetie! <3

I am dealing with red marks as well, so I know how you feel. :( They are nonexistent when I have makeup on, though. But my goal is to go out makeup free and feel comfortable. Seems so far away though. :\ Seems like my skin will never be normal. Sigh. I can't really tell if they are fading. I have been really busy with college and I have a roommate so it's strange to just look at myself in the mirror! Hah.

I don't think I have to keep seeing her. I think I do for like a month after. I finish my pills next week and I have to get my blood drawn then AND 1 month after my course! D: Why, I have no idea. My brother didn't have to do that. My liver levels were FINEEEEEE all throughout my course, so I don't know why she has to check for that one month after I'm done. Maybe to see if I'm pregnant? Who knows.

I love the Laura Mercier foundation! It's amazing! I ran out of mine a few months back so I switched to Physician's formula foundation and I love that one as well. I don't remember which one I liked better, but the Physician's Formula one is so much cheaper so I just stick to that.

I am looking for something to help fade my marks as well! Although I'm hesitant to try anything until at least the beginning-middle of March because I don't want to mess up my skin anymore. It'll be a long journey but I think my marks will be clear eventually! I'm hoping for this summer? :) Ah, such far off dreams! Good luck to you as well, I'll keep you posted! :)

Hey. I never tried Physician's formula foundation - I even didnt know it exists. I have to look up for it.

I know Laura Mercier is very expensive foundation, so far Im only using samples I have got from Sephora. I liked Smooth Creme one but prefer Silk Creme better now. Which one you used?

Is Physician's formula foundation long lasting and shine free?

As for marks.. I know I wont do any peels or something dramatic yet, just coz my skin is still extra thin and sensitive. But I might see if there is any natural way to try, as its easier to deal with scars when they are fresh. One of my friends mentioned about aspirin mask that helps, also I was reading about lemon juice, etc. I might try these later on, but first will consult with my new derm.

Good luck to you too!! smile.png

Edited by MelindaOne

Hey. I never tried Physician's formula foundation - I even didnt know it exists. I have to look up for it.

I know Laura Mercier is very expensive foundation, so far Im only using samples I have got from Sephora. I liked Smooth Creme one but prefer Silk Creme better now. Which one you used?

Is Physician's formula foundation long lasting and shine free?

As for marks.. I know I wont do any peels or something dramatic yet, just coz my skin is still extra thin and sensitive. But I might see if there is any natural way to try, as its easier to deal with scars when they are fresh. One of my friends mentioned about aspirin mask that helps, also I was reading about lemon juice, etc. I might try these later on, but first will consult with my new derm.

Good luck to you too!! smile.png

I used the silk creme, I didn't try the other one! Wish it wasn't $40 a bottle. :( It is VERY long lasting and shine free. For me anyways. Depends on your skin type. I literally go from like 8am until 9pm without touching it at all and it looks fine. :)

I have not heard of an aspirin mask! What is that? Yeah I am going to try the lemon juice when I'm finished next week. I've heard that that REALLY works. Yup same here I don't wanna do anything abrasive or expensive just yet! Plus what I have is not scarring, and I think it's the same for you. My derm just said that your skin naturally replaces itself over time so you just have to wait for your skin to replace itself and the marks will keep decreasing. Hope that makes sense, haha!

One week post Accutane! :)

Hi, guys. So I have been off of Accutane for about one week now. Things are going great, except all of the side effects are still there! My lips still feel like I am on the drug, my skin is still freaking out...and I still have bad eczema on my hands. I was just wondering for you guys who are off now, how long did it take for things to be more normal again? Like it was before Accutane? I was just curious! :)

I talked to my derm about my redness/hyper-pigmentation and she prescribed the retin-a wich I am to use for 3 months then check back in with her. She said if after 3 months if I don't notice any major improvement she may suggest some some microdermabrasion treatments. I'm not sure how I feel about those, since 3 months isn't a whole lot of time. I figured it would take like 6 months to a year before these marks faded. If anyone can give me their input on this it would be great!

Myface has stayed the same since I have been off the pill....super exciting! It even feels more soft than before.

Hey. How is your skin feeling? Are you finished Accutane?

Funny that you posted that right as I updated on my skin! :)