Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jamie Ann

FINALLY made the Accutane decision!- Accutane log

Hey Jamie! Just catching up on your log. Everything is going so well for you! It makes me so happy to see that on these logs!! Your skin is looking great! And just imagine how it's going to look post accutane! It keeps working after but your skin become less fragile and heals more easily. My skin has only improved since finishing my course and you skin looks amazing already!

Also, I see you have already started looking into a maintenance routine for your post accutane skin. I will definitely be checking your log for info on that since I feel like I've learned so much just from these last posts above. My dermatologist didn't tell me to do anything other than what I was doing during course. He just told me that if my acne comes back, it may be hormonal and that he would prescribe me spiro (which would be really unfortunate). I personally don't want to go back to using a retin-a. That's what I was using before accutane and I got on accutane so I wouldn't have to use these crazy treatments forever. I was on ziana and I personally like being about to just wash my face and moisturize and not have to worry about putting on a clear shiny mask every night.. lol

Hey Jamie! Just catching up on your log. Everything is going so well for you! It makes me so happy to see that on these logs!! Your skin is looking great! And just imagine how it's going to look post accutane! It keeps working after but your skin become less fragile and heals more easily. My skin has only improved since finishing my course and you skin looks amazing already!

Also, I see you have already started looking into a maintenance routine for your post accutane skin. I will definitely be checking your log for info on that since I feel like I've learned so much just from these last posts above. My dermatologist didn't tell me to do anything other than what I was doing during course. He just told me that if my acne comes back, it may be hormonal and that he would prescribe me spiro (which would be really unfortunate). I personally don't want to go back to using a retin-a. That's what I was using before accutane and I got on accutane so I wouldn't have to use these crazy treatments forever. I was on ziana and I personally like being about to just wash my face and moisturize and not have to worry about putting on a clear shiny mask every night.. lol

Aw thank you for reading! smile.png I am very excited to continue reading your log as well since I will be done my course very soon. smile.png You have given me hope that my skin will only improve here on out and I am SO happy for you. Your skin is super gorgeous and I know you know that too! I hope everything keeps on improving for you. biggrin.png

I know exactly how you feel! I'm hearing many different things about treatment post-Accutane. I am just going to listen to my derm and apply the Retin-a, even though I'd rather not. I know what you mean, it is nice being on Accutane and only having to wash your face and put on moisturizer...so refreshing! That was my main struggle with acne...all the yucky creams and spot treatments. sad.png Yes and I don't want to use these crazy treatments forever either, aka the reason why I went on this drug! And when would I stop using the Retin-a, you know?! I don't plan to use that for the rest of my life! Very interesting observations. :) I will definitely be keeping up with your log! <3

Edited by Jamie Ann

Aw thank you for reading! smile.png I am very excited to continue reading your log as well since I will be done my course very soon. smile.png You have given me hope that my skin will only improve here on out and I am SO happy for you. Your skin is super gorgeous and I know you know that too! I hope everything keeps on improving for you. biggrin.png

I know exactly how you feel! I'm hearing many different things about treatment post-Accutane. I am just going to listen to my derm and apply the Retin-a, even though I'd rather not. I know what you mean, it is nice being on Accutane and only having to wash your face and put on moisturizer...so refreshing! That was my main struggle with acne...all the yucky creams and spot treatments. sad.png Yes and I don't want to use these crazy treatments forever either, aka the reason why I went on this drug! And when would I stop using the Retin-a, you know?! I don't plan to use that for the rest of my life! Very interesting observations. smile.png I will definitely be keeping up with your log! <3

You can keep using retin-a (or at least some variation of it) for just about the rest of your life. My mom uses Renova (same active ingredient, but for older, dryer skin) to prevent wrinkles.

Prescriptions for topical retinoids (like Retin-A, Tazorac, etc.) are pretty coveted because they're the only known medications proven to reduce wrinkles. Most people's insurance won't cover these prescriptions for cosmetic reasons only, which means they're usually expensive. You have the perfect excuse to have their cost subsidized! Just remember to be religious with sunscreen when you use them.

Glad things are working out so well for you.

Edited by labRat

I know exactly how you feel! I'm hearing many different things about treatment post-Accutane. I am just going to listen to my derm and apply the Retin-a, even though I'd rather not. I know what you mean, it is nice being on Accutane and only having to wash your face and put on moisturizer...so refreshing! That was my main struggle with acne...all the yucky creams and spot treatments. sad.png Yes and I don't want to use these crazy treatments forever either, aka the reason why I went on this drug! And when would I stop using the Retin-a, you know?! I don't plan to use that for the rest of my life! Very interesting observations. smile.png I will definitely be keeping up with your log! <3

You can keep using retin-a (or at least some variation of it) for just about the rest of your life. My mom uses Renova (same active ingredient, but for older, dryer skin) to prevent wrinkles.

Thank you for this info! :) Good to start anti-wrinkle creams early, even if I'm only 18! Haha. :)

Prescriptions for topical retinoids (like Retin-A, Tazorac, etc.) are pretty coveted because they're the only known medications proven to reduce wrinkles. Most people's insurance won't cover these prescriptions for cosmetic reasons only, which means they're usually expensive. You have the perfect excuse to have their cost subsidized! Just remember to be religious with sunscreen when you use them.

Glad things are working out so well for you.

Wow that's definitely a plus! Thanks for this info and thanks for replying! :)

DAY 157. Or Month 5.

So I'm so ready to be off this drug! I think Accutane has really hit me head on with all the symptoms. My skin is flaky and SO ITCHY. I had this random dry/itchy infection thing that broke out on my hands. (See below). My mom said it was a reaction to something I put on my skin but I have a slight feeling Accutane is behind this little guy... smile.png

It doesn't look like this anymore. Now it just his super dry and if you would run your fingers over my hand it's bumpy.

photo.jpg

photo1.jpg

And my lips are dry too! Not cracky though, thank goodness. I don't think my lips ever cracked. Except for a couple months back and the ends of my lips cracked!

Well not much else to say! Except for only like 35-40 more days on Accutane! biggrin.png Hope everyone is doing well!

Edited by Jamie Ann

Hi Jamie Ann,

Happy New Year!! smile.png

I havent been around lately and havent red your posts but just reading now and saw your hand picture. I had exactly the same thing just a week ago (I had it for about a month or more and it didnt go away). It was looking exacty as your (maybe little less) but getting more red when going in shower, washing hands, eating something spicy or raw. My derm prescribed me something (I dont remember name but started with N...) it didnt help me, until I tried my friends prescription of Betaderm cream. After 2 days my rash like stuff was gone! However, it came back after about few days.. I went to derm and ask to prescribe me this Betaderm (on bottle says Betamethasone Valerate 0.1% cream). It really helped me after few days its all gone and its been a week, not coming back. Well, I hope it wont come back. I hope you can try it or something else and it should go away.

I will read your other posts to see how you are doing.

About myself, I am staying on 50 mg for one more month (6th), that will be my last. My skin is pretty clear, only red marks and scars.. Only some small pimples on neck.. I hope they will go away soon. Another side effect - I had big back pain, but I went to physio therapist and chiropractor - and it really helped smile.png

Good luck with all.

Melinda.

Edited by MelindaOne

I had the same rash type thingy on the back of my hands as well and found that Eucerin lotion works really well. Went away in about 3 days and if I use it maybe once every 2-3 days the rash will stay away. It might sting the first time if the area is really dry.

Hi Jamie Ann,

Happy New Year!! smile.png

I havent been around lately and havent red your posts but just reading now and saw your hand picture. I had exactly the same thing just a week ago (I had it for about a month or more and it didnt go away). It was looking exacty as your (maybe little less) but getting more red when going in shower, washing hands, eating something spicy or raw. My derm prescribed me something (I dont remember name but started with N...) it didnt help me, until I tried my friends prescription of Betaderm cream. After 2 days my rash like stuff was gone! However, it came back after about few days.. I went to derm and ask to prescribe me this Betaderm (on bottle says Betamethasone Valerate 0.1% cream). It really helped me after few days its all gone and its been a week, not coming back. Well, I hope it wont come back. I hope you can try it or something else and it should go away.

I will read your other posts to see how you are doing.

About myself, I am staying on 50 mg for one more month (6th), that will be my last. My skin is pretty clear, only red marks and scars.. Only some small pimples on neck.. I hope they will go away soon. Another side effect - I had big back pain, but I went to physio therapist and chiropractor - and it really helped smile.png

Good luck with all.

Melinda.

Wow the same rash?! That's crazy, so it's got to be Accutane up to its madness! I will definitely take your advice. :) I'm gonna talk to my derm at my appointment next week.

I am so happy that you are on your last month! Me too! I hear ya about the back pain, I have it too. :( I'm glad you got help for it. <3 Keep me updated! :D

I had the same rash type thingy on the back of my hands as well and found that Eucerin lotion works really well. Went away in about 3 days and if I use it maybe once every 2-3 days the rash will stay away. It might sting the first time if the area is really dry.

No way! Hmm I'll have to give that lotion a try. :) Thanks!

Had the same rash.. Had it on my arms and face thanks to the accutane..

Got it the my course of accutane and just this last time that I was put on accutane for that one month.. smh

About waxing your eyebrows, that you asked earlier.. I am tweezing my eyebrows and it looks good. I wouldnt suggest to do waxing on face... not yet.

I do wax bikini and legs, sometimes underarms, no big problem, maybe just little red for about 1 or 1 1/2 days (bikini, not other areas, haha). But it depends from your skin. My skin on face is really really fragile, so sensitive. If I would wax, Im affraid it could take a part of the skin off and then it would leave a pretty bad marks. If you have gone this far, wait few more months.

Got it the my course of accutane and just this last time that I was put on accutane for that one month.. smh

Aw no. :( Sadly the rash came back. It went away and came back last night. :\ This time more on my arms.

About waxing your eyebrows, that you asked earlier.. I am tweezing my eyebrows and it looks good. I wouldnt suggest to do waxing on face... not yet.

I do wax bikini and legs, sometimes underarms, no big problem, maybe just little red for about 1 or 1 1/2 days (bikini, not other areas, haha). But it depends from your skin. My skin on face is really really fragile, so sensitive. If I would wax, Im affraid it could take a part of the skin off and then it would leave a pretty bad marks. If you have gone this far, wait few more months.

I am tweezing too but it just doesn't look the same! Yeah my skin is like yours on my face too, really fragile. Yeah I only have one month left so I'm definitely waiting!

Quick update: The rash is back. Ughaiowehoifsdl. On my arms this time too! Just as the other one went away. :( I guess this is Accutane's farewell message to me...LOL oh well, can't complain because I still love this medicine! Even if it's taking its toll on me! <3

Aw no. sad.png Sadly the rash came back. It went away and came back last night. :\ This time more on my arms.

I am tweezing too but it just doesn't look the same! Yeah my skin is like yours on my face too, really fragile. Yeah I only have one month left so I'm definitely waiting!

Quick update: The rash is back. Ughaiowehoifsdl. On my arms this time too! Just as the other one went away. sad.png I guess this is Accutane's farewell message to me...LOL oh well, can't complain because I still love this medicine! Even if it's taking its toll on me! <3

Aw Well try and keep it as moisturized as possible. I use Extra Virgin Olive Oil.

Does anyone know if you have to get your blood drawn after your last month? I just came back from getting my blood drawn and I passed out at the place. :\ So I'd be happy to know I don't have to go again but someone told me that females have to go after their course to make sure their not preggo? I didn't know if you guys could confirm or deny this for me. Thanks!

Hey Jamie Ann! I don't know if it's an actual requirement, but I have my *hopefully* final appointment with my derm next Wednesday after completing 5 months, and he said I still have to get my blood drawn before the appointment. I don't know if he wanted me to in case he wants to keep me on one more month, but I don't think so since that's unlikely.

Did you do anything differently before you went to get the draw done? I find I get more woozy than normal if I'm at all dehydrated so if I drink lots of water that day I'm better.

Good luck!!!

About the blood work, I believe it's not a requirement. My doctor isn't having me do it and if it was a requirement then she would have to make me get it. I think it all depends on the doctor. And if it helps, I just try not to look when they take my blood. I tell them not to tell me when they are about to poke me and I just carry on a conversation to calm me sown. Hope that helps!

About the blood work, I believe it's not a requirement. My doctor isn't having me do it and if it was a requirement then she would have to make me get it. I think it all depends on the doctor. And if it helps, I just try not to look when they take my blood. I tell them not to tell me when they are about to poke me and I just carry on a conversation to calm me sown. Hope that helps!

I didn't look at it! It's so weird. I haven't passed out these past 6 or so times but I did today. Horrible experience. I went to a new place and my usual lady takes about 30-45 seconds. Literally. And this lady seemed to be going on FOREVER. The needle was seriously in my arm for like 3 minutes. And right after she took out the needle I passed out. Next thing I know I'm on the floor. D: And my back is all bruised up. I don't remember falling and the lady had turned her back on me so she didn't either. Thankfully no head injury! LOL. It was pretty scary. We think I like slid down the chair I was sitting in and that's what my back is all bruised up.

Hey Jamie Ann! I don't know if it's an actual requirement, but I have my *hopefully* final appointment with my derm next Wednesday after completing 5 months, and he said I still have to get my blood drawn before the appointment. I don't know if he wanted me to in case he wants to keep me on one more month, but I don't think so since that's unlikely.

Did you do anything differently before you went to get the draw done? I find I get more woozy than normal if I'm at all dehydrated so if I drink lots of water that day I'm better.

Good luck!!!

Okay that makes sense! I'm seriously hoping that's my last one. Read my post above for the story about the whole thing but I've actually started drinking WAY more water recently than I've ever had in the past. So that can't be it. I swear this lady never pulled the needle out whereas my usual lady is super quick.

Edited by Jamie Ann

I'm so sorry that that happened. How scary! Hopefully that was just a one time fluke. Fingers crossed.

OMG, Im glad you are okay. It almost happened to me too - my very first time. I was told I have to fast for at least 12 hours, so I was really hungry when got to Life Labs. The woman there was unfriendly and told me it will hurt (that scared me). It was really painful and took forever. After I went out, I felt extremely dizzy and sick (like sea sick, I felt like throwing up). I started to see little blury and having headaches. I couldnt move, felt like felling on a ground, so I sat down for about 5-10 min until I could stand up again and go to grab a bite. After that time, I found a great place (CML) where they do it just in few seconds and no pain at all. Also they told me its best to lay down everytime and stay that way for a few minutes after. Also there was no need to fast, I guess it was just a bad thing I didnt know all this first time.

Its good you didnt fell on street or something.

Edited by MelindaOne

I'm so sorry that that happened. How scary! Hopefully that was just a one time fluke. Fingers crossed.

Thank you! I have passed out after having blood drawn before, but not since Accutane. I think it's because I don't weigh enough to give blood so when I have to get it drawn it's always tough. I hate it so much!

OMG, Im glad you are okay. It almost happened to me too - my very first time. I was told I have to fast for at least 12 hours, so I was really hungry when got to Life Labs. The woman there was unfriendly and told me it will hurt (that scared me). It was really painful and took forever. After I went out, I felt extremely dizzy and sick (like sea sick, I felt like throwing up). I started to see little blury and having headaches. I couldnt move, felt like felling on a ground, so I sat down for about 5-10 min until I could stand up again and go to grab a bite. After that time, I found a great place (CML) where they do it just in few seconds and no pain at all. Also they told me its best to lay down everytime and stay that way for a few minutes after. Also there was no need to fast, I guess it was just a bad thing I didnt know all this first time.

Its good you didnt fell on street or something.

Your situation sounds JUST like mine! I mean, identical! This place took forever and was painful too. I'm glad you didn't go back there, I definitely won't be going back to that place again either. It definitely shouldn't have taken longer. The place I used to go to (but I can't go there anymore cause I'm too far away) did it in literally seconds and I felt 100% after. I am gonna lay down though next time I go. For sure. I didn't have to fast either, but at this new place they asked me if I had. But every other time it's not necessary. And my mom is a nurse and said you don't need to fast for Accutane checks.

Oh yeah I know I'm glad too! Thankfully my dad came with me so he was there. The first time I passed out when I was like 13 I had walked out of the place and fell right on the tile. D:

Do u ever blush? I know that's random but ugh .. I guess I'm just aggravated because I always blush and it's sooo embarrassing. :(

Do u ever blush? I know that's random but ugh .. I guess I'm just aggravated because I always blush and it's sooo embarrassing. sad.png

Blush? As in, turning red?

Do u ever blush? I know that's random but ugh .. I guess I'm just aggravated because I always blush and it's sooo embarrassing. sad.png

Lol. Yeah! It happens to me so much :(

Lol. Yeah! It happens to me so much sad.png

I'm confused! When they're drawing your blood?

Lol. Yeah! It happens to me so much sad.png

Yes!! This happens to me too :( It's quite horrible. & it feels like my face is super hot.