Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
defaultusername

Need HELP on how to improve daily routines

Hi,

I just recently joined acne.org to search answers about acne in one website.I started getting acne when I was 13 and now Im 15.Over time my acnes like a roller coaster.During the school time they would get pretty bad and during summer vacation they would clear and so on.Now that I'm older I realized on how bad I picked at my acne and always popped it.When in high school a lot of my friends would mention my acne and it would always make me think.My acne got to me pretty mentally when me and my friends would eat at restaurants or somewhere bright I would try my best to avoid looking eyes to eyes with someone because I wouldn't like to see their reaction to my acne.They are good friends but they are not used to seeing mild acne on people our age.So I understand.Now when I was 13 I visited my doctor and she recommended me Differin and Clyndoxil.So I tried it and in about a month they were clearing up.There wasn't really a point from when I was 13 to 15 when I would be 100%clear,I would always have that one pimple or a few blackheads.Now that I'm older I decided to be more aware of acne and there long term effects like scarring and such.So now that I'm back to using Differin and Clyndoxin in over a month.I notice my skin is clearing up and that my black marks are fading.But also I have been starting to get dry skin.To a point where if I would rub a navy sweater against any part of my face it would show alot of dead skin on the sleeve.Now I am willing to do alot to make my acne clear up all the way and so I don't hopefully get to my old bad acne again.I would just like to ask the community what ways can I improve my routine.I KNOW it can be improved ALOT LOL.

So my routine goes like this:

At night I would wash my face and apply differin first.

After waiting 30-45 mins I apply Clyndoxil.

Thats it and I know compared to your guys routines mines suck because I dont include mosturizers and sunscreen.

I was just wondering if you guys can recommend mosturizers and suncreen,I can maybe get.Specifically in Canada because that is where I live.

I found a Cetaphil mosturizer sample in my medicine cabinet and I decided to use it over 2 days.

It left my skin pretty greasy but it did its job.Although I noticed it caused some acne on my chin and my upper lip.So before I continue to use it, I was wondering if that's normal.For someone to breakout from mosturizers.

Hi,

I just recently joined acne.org to search answers about acne in one website.I started getting acne when I was 13 and now Im 15.Over time my acnes like a roller coaster.During the school time they would get pretty bad and during summer vacation they would clear and so on.Now that I'm older I realized on how bad I picked at my acne and always popped it.When in high school a lot of my friends would mention my acne and it would always make me think.My acne got to me pretty mentally when me and my friends would eat at restaurants or somewhere bright I would try my best to avoid looking eyes to eyes with someone because I wouldn't like to see their reaction to my acne.They are good friends but they are not used to seeing mild acne on people our age.So I understand.Now when I was 13 I visited my doctor and she recommended me Differin and Clyndoxil.So I tried it and in about a month they were clearing up.There wasn't really a point from when I was 13 to 15 when I would be 100%clear,I would always have that one pimple or a few blackheads.Now that I'm older I decided to be more aware of acne and there long term effects like scarring and such.So now that I'm back to using Differin and Clyndoxin in over a month.I notice my skin is clearing up and that my black marks are fading.But also I have been starting to get dry skin.To a point where if I would rub a navy sweater against any part of my face it would show alot of dead skin on the sleeve.Now I am willing to do alot to make my acne clear up all the way and so I don't hopefully get to my old bad acne again.I would just like to ask the community what ways can I improve my routine.I KNOW it can be improved ALOT LOL.

So my routine goes like this:

At night I would wash my face and apply differin first.

After waiting 30-45 mins I apply Clyndoxil.

Thats it and I know compared to your guys routines mines suck because I dont include mosturizers and sunscreen.

I was just wondering if you guys can recommend mosturizers and suncreen,I can maybe get.Specifically in Canada because that is where I live.

I found a Cetaphil mosturizer sample in my medicine cabinet and I decided to use it over 2 days.

It left my skin pretty greasy but it did its job.Although I noticed it caused some acne on my chin and my upper lip.So before I continue to use it, I was wondering if that's normal.For someone to breakout from mosturizers.

Yeah personally cetaphil moisturizers made me break out like crazy and that greasy feel was a big no no for me. I dont use a moisturizer but i have heard Pauls's choice products are safe to use and if you visit her site you'll see why- check this out before you start wasting your money on drugstore products :)