Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

one of the things that keeps happening to me is ill get a large inflammation under the skin which i think is the start of a spot brewing. On a few of them the spot never emerges and just leaves a small deep red mark and u can feel a small lump of something under the skin. Two of these ive had for over two months now and there just staying the same.

Anyone experiences anything like this? Did they ever go away?

gtturbo,

I'm just chiming in to say that I've experienced the same thing. In fact, I have one right between the eyes. It's from a deep (possibly cystic?) nodule under the skin. It seemed to have appeared rather quickly, like 2 or 3 days - from the mild 'tingling' to a fully inflamed, painful, shiny large red lump. I was hopeful, due to how quickly it appeared, that it'd come to a head and I'd be done with it.

After a week, it was still the same large, red, painful, shiny lump - right between the eyes! I tried spot treatments (aspirin mask overnight, queen Helene green mask overnight, apple cider toner) and it just would not come to a head, so I went the other way. I applied cold compresses, took ibuprofen, and tried to forget it.

Eventually, I lost patience and I did end up squeezing it. I got clear liquid, but no pus. I squeezed until some blood started coming to surface. I left it alone after that.

It never did come to a head, and the inflammation finally went away.

It's now been close to two months and it's still there, only smaller and hard. It's still a bit red (more red-brown) and a small hard bump underneath.

I'm now having another one come up, just below the original one. I don't know what to do. It just seems like they stay forever, or I end up scaring.

Oh yeah, I'm also a newbie to the board. Long time lurker, but figured I'd better register as I'm beginning to believe these little "effers" aren't going away anytime soon.

I'm ready to admit that I'm an acne sufferer.

Thats the first step lol

Yeh there annoying arnt they i dont know what the hell to do about it. Ive got two now and another just popped up, the two have been lurking now for over two months with no change. Squeezing is definatley not the solution there too deep anyway and would make a hell of a mess.

Whiteheads and pustules are bad enough but at least they go away these things just lurk.

Thats the first step lol

Yeh there annoying arnt they i dont know what the hell to do about it. Ive got two now and another just popped up, the two have been lurking now for over two months with no change. Squeezing is definatley not the solution there too deep anyway and would make a hell of a mess.

Whiteheads and pustules are bad enough but at least they go away these things just lurk.

i agree with you :-)