Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bigapple4

Please help me fix my nose!

About a year and a half ago, I started getting bad acne and seb derm. Since then I have gotten both under control, but my nose is still a mess. A year ago I got some extremely large (lasting months) pimples on the top of my nose.

There are no pimples now, but I still have redness, a rudy texture, and clogged pores. What can I do to help correct this? I have tried using Dan's AHA (for 6 months+), aspirin mask, and baking soda exfoliation - nothing has been very helpful for more than a week or so.

Thank you so much for your help.

Pics:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/post-a35972-.html

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/post-a35973-.html

Have you tried a product exfoliating scrub? Rather than just baking soda? I've never used baking soda, I use an exfoliator from a store, and it gets rid of my redness, but I also moisturise too, so maybe you should try that.

I pretty much have the same thing as you... Except mine is more of a seasonal thing. Usually happens when the weather changes abruptly. I did try Clarisonic for a while and when I switched over to Olay ProX, I got rid of it pretty well, but unfortunately, it came back when I went on vacation to some place much more humid. So I'm not sure if I got rid of it because I used Clarisonic for a month previously, or if it's because I was using the PROX for 2 weeks.

I still don't fully know what I have and how to get rid of it. Queen Helen mint julep masque helps, but they always come back.

Have you tried the Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask? I find that it helps me out, quite well actually.

I've honestly never heard of it. Thanks for the tip! Does this look like something the Olay Pro-x brush would help with?

Any other input is also appreciated.

Hey mayby try a bha since aha is mostly for just the top layer of the skin. Bha supposivley gets deep into the poor although ill warn you there is a purging period-im currently going through and i can actually see all my blackheads come up to the surface and they eventually fall off-its really amazing once the purg is over:). as for the julip mask i just want to warn you that mints or anything that makes your face "tingle" is probably an irritant

Yea I have the problem too =( I think I have more but some are just big pores that are clean.Is there any specific product I can get to minimize the pores on my nose and around that area and clean all the blackheads?Something I can get in Canada because I live in Toronto.

Thanks. I was under the impression that using the aspirin mask had the same effect as using BHA though. Is that accurate?

hmm Yeah to a certain extent, bha has to be used every day in order for it to work and once you start using it you reallly cant stop so unless your using the mask everyday-but that can be drying. but i doubt they are completely the same or will offer you the same results as a pure bha:) i would try it its really pulling the junk out of my skin:)

Yea I have the problem too =( I think I have more but some are just big pores that are clean.Is there any specific product I can get to minimize the pores on my nose and around that area and clean all the blackheads?Something I can get in Canada because I live in Toronto.

Paulas choice BHA at cosmeticscop.com. NOTHING can make your pores smaller but bha is known to sort of reform the shape of the pore so it appears tighter and less noticeable.

Paulas choice BHA at cosmeticscop.com. NOTHING can make your pores smaller but bha is known to sort of reform the shape of the pore so it appears tighter and less noticeable.

Thanks for the help. I am looking at this page here:

http://www.paulaschoice.com/category/bha-aha-exfoliants#bha

What concentration would be best? and Gel or Lotion?