Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Posted

My boyfriend developed an allergy to caffeine a few years back, which made his back break out terribly. However, since the allergy unbeknownst to him at the time (he was already grown, he's 26 now, was about 23 at the time), he was still drinking caffiene like normal, and therefore broke out like crazy, for about a year. When the doc finally pinpointed it as an allergy and he cut out the caffiene, his back has been perfectly clear for the most part. Other than that, he has really great skin.

The problem is, he was left with horrible scarring all over his back. To the point that it almost still looks like acne if you arent seeing it up close. He is african-american, but fairly light skinned, so the marks arent really red, but more like a dark reddish/brown color. Is there an over the counter lotion or cream that will help fade the scars? I know mederma does, but thats more for like one small spot that needs to be treated. This is for hundreds of tiny spots, on a big part of his body. Would using a face lotion with some type of AHA or BHA in it help exfoliate his back, kind of sloughing off the scars? Maybe a chemical peel? Microderm?

Or are the scars too old, and are probably there for good?

thanks so much everyone!

Posted

Hmm, the back is a little foreign to me with treatments for red marks. I think it would be wise to start with a topical hydroxy acid.

Posted

I have scarring on my back and it has been there for a while.

18 months ago I began to use copper-peptides in conjunction with peels and I have seen excellent results.

It is a really slow process but I can say that I have has approx 65% improvement.

U

Posted

thanks for your responses!

Understood--you said you used copper peptides...what exactly is that? are they found in lotions, toners, what? and what peel do you suggest? thanks so much for the help!

Posted

Babygirl,

Check out this link. It has all the information you require.

Skin Biology

Posted

A sunless tanner/bronzer would help to darken the non-scarred skin also, and that would of course smooth out the overall color until his back scars heal. You would want to get the dark color, since they also come in light and medium. Don't freak out if it looks orange, you have to find the brand that works. bb_icon_mrgreen.gif

Posted

sounds liek me, ive got rolling scars that are all colored bright red on my back that have been there for probably the past year and a half -- i've had 5 25% TCA peels done in the last 5 months and seen little to no improvement sad.gif

it sux cause i'm athletic, have a sick body but cant even wear tank tops outside my house cause of the hideous marks on my shoulders/back and so far no doc really has a solution for me.

rite now i'm trying intense pulse lite on a 'test patch' of my one shoulder...they wanna do 3-4 treatments and see how it responds...had the first done about 2 weeks ago and see no change tho sad.gif

I really dont know how much longer i can live with these fucking things bb_icon_confused.gif

Posted

Sometimes I wish I could just put a T-shirt over my face and go out. Things could be worse, know what I mean?