Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Acne sucks. We all know it. I look in the mirror sometimes, and I think "Ew!". Don't we all? But this section is full of moping around; I'm going to give optimism a shot.

When I first got acne, I didn't really care. But now that I'm heading off the University, I've decided to give Accutane a shot. On top of that, acne was beginning to really hurt my confidence. I found looking people in the eye difficult, and sometimes I just didn't want to go to school. That's no way to live! And I'm not going to let a bunch of spots ruin my youth.

The doctor says that my skin should be spick-and-span by the end of the summer, just in time for me to move into my dormitory. My skin has also been looking up of its own accord. My spots have been retreating under the skin, but break-outs are still too frequent. :boohoo:

But one thing I hear in this section far too often is "I'm ugly", "I'm a pizza face.", etc.

But honestly, confidence is the most attractive feature in a person! Sure, acne crushes confidence, and that's why you feel so unattractive, and that's why you may appear to unattractive. I have a friend with horrible, horrible acne; much worse than mine. But he has plenty of friends, hosts parties and throws himself into the things he does. Sure, he's a lazy bastard, but people are attracted to him because of how he presents himself, not how he looks.

That's the cyclical problem with acne. Acne begets a lack of confidence, which begets a lack of attractiveness. Realising that, I've really tried to throw myself back into life. Acne won't last forever, but the memories of my youth will (Unless I get Alzheimer's! :doubt: ), and I want them to be good memories!

Well, that's my input. I hope you wish me luck with this Accutane lark!

~ Skiyk

You are doing the right thing getting on Accutane. Just dont fuck around with it cause you dont want to end up it not working and having to take the drug years down the line again

Get on accutane, get clear, and enjoy college.

Good luck with accutane and I commend you for your attempt at optimism. Just remember you have a whole community backing you up. And it does get easier once those initial steps are taken. =)

How can you have confidence with acne? Any tips for confidence? Oh that's right. Society isn't sympathetic towards acne.

They say if you have acne don't stress. What the fuck do you think is causing the stress?

Yeah, just be patient with the accutane. It can take over 6 months to actually stop new acne from forming. But your personality is definitely more noticeable than your acne. And being optimistic in general is a pretty good habit to form. Although you obviously have to keep it real. Like being optimistic that you won't get fired for punching your boss in the face would be taking it too far for example. But I'm guessing you already knew that. :P