Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gripy

Facial redness caused by acne products? Is this permanent?

So I've been having facial redness issues for years, but never really got on the issue because of how much I hate acne. The facial redness resembles a mask that you would put on your face, so it is definitely from the products I use. I use a mixture of clindamycin and benzoyl peroxide right now, and I really don't want to stop using it, for I know acne would be the result, maybe. I have mostly inflammatory acne, so I decided to being a new regimen of mild cleanser, niacinamide lotion, then acne.org moisturizer 2x a day. I just want to know if this redness is permanent (I used to abuse my face years ago with acne products) or if it'll eventually subside. I don't want to waste my time with this new risky regimen if the redness is permanent and severe acne could result. I am however 100% sure it's caused by products, due to the redness cut-off right under my eyes, because I never put products close to my eyes. It reminds me of when you get a severe sunburn on your face, but you were wearing sunglasses so there's an obvious cutoff of the burn. And if this redness isn't permanent, any tips on how to heal my sore skin optimally?

I've been having the same problem

Its not permanent. But is likely to occur whenever you apply benzoyl peroxide for a day or two afterwards.

The best thing you can do is keep your face as natural as possible. Whenever i stop using products for a few days my face looks normal!

Our skin is very sensitive to benzoyl peroxide and you probably need to cut down on the usage.

I usually put my BP on when i get home from school and take it off before bed and use a VERY STRONG moisturizer. Acne.org moisturizer wont do anything for redness. I use Johnson's baby oil or jojoba oil once i've washed the BP off and then wash the moisturizer off in the morning and wear a toner during the day to keep oil at bay.

Hope this helps :)

Edited by Randomstuffs261