Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm male, 6 2" tall and weigh... 133Ibs (9 stone approx). That's right, I'm underweight. Well, I've cut out eating a lot of sh*t that I used to, but I find it very difficult to gain weight, anyway. I try and keep my skin relavtively free of acne, and I'm even more underweight than I could be (10 stone).

What's the problem; why do I have so much trouble gaining weight, even if I'm eating a lot. Could that be a problem with sugar in and of itself?

I haven't yet gone to a doctor about my weight. I've always been a thin person, but I'm way too thin for my height. Mind you, I don't drink or smoke.

Edited by doodleme123

I'm male, 6 2" tall and weigh... 133Ibs (9 stone approx). That's right, I'm underweight. Well, I've cut out eating a lot of sh*t that I used to, but I find it very difficult to gain weight, anyway. I try and keep my skin relavtively free of acne, and I'm even more underweight than I could be (10 stone).

What's the problem; why do I have so much trouble gaining weight, even if I'm eating a lot. Could that be a problem with sugar in and of itself?

I haven't yet gone to a doctor about my weight. I've always been a thin person, but I'm way too thin for my height. Mind you, I don't drink or smoke.

It's hard to say since you don't give a lot of details....do you eat a lot of protein? You should be eating 0.5 grams per pound of lean body mass.

My husband is 6'2 and a bean pole and once he cut out sugar and processed junk he gained almost 10 pounds of muscle...without doing anything! But I make sure he eats a lot of healthy fats, meat, and nuts.

It's hard to say since you don't give a lot of details....do you eat a lot of protein? You should be eating 0.5 grams per pound of lean body mass.

My husband is 6'2 and a bean pole and once he cut out sugar and processed junk he gained almost 10 pounds of muscle...without doing anything! But I make sure he eats a lot of healthy fats, meat, and nuts.

Nuts break me out, as do fats which probably upset the omege 3:6 ratio. If I eliminate dairy, which includes cheese, then I'm not too sure about what fat I can eat. Other than, coconuts, olive oil (uncooked) and the skin on chicken, as well as avacados. Hmmm, that's interesting, he gained weight after eliminating sugar. Could you explain why that is? I'm guessing it's something to do with how the body stores and uses up sugar and fat as it's primary energy source, or something like that. Some sort of conversion going on.

Bodyweight is both a function of calories consumed vs. energy expenditure, but also in part a result of specific hormonal signaling caused by the specific foods you eat and your level/type of activity. The idea is the body creates a "setpoint" at which it "wants" to be, and will adjust your appetite and/or desire to engage in physical activity accordingly. This is the whole thesis of the book Good Calories Bad Calories... certain foods disrupt this balance, and make your body "want" to be bigger and not expend energy.

But I guess that's beside the point. You, being a young male, might have an extremely high basal metabolic rate, and you really may need 4000+ calories just to maintain. Do you exercise? I'd eliminate any cardio for the time being, and a couple times per week do a relatively intense weight workout, followed by a huge portion of healthy natural starches such as potatoes/sweet potatoes, rice etc.

This is the best way to add lean, healthy mass, and maintain a good hormonal status; carb cycling in a slight caloric surplus, with emphasis on proteins, healthy fats, tons of veggies (and don't be afraid of a little fruit). 2-3 times per week do a full body, high intensity compound weight workout, followed by a large, lower-fat, higher carb meal.

But I guess that's beside the point. You, being a young male, might have an extremely high basal metabolic rate, and you really may need 4000+ calories just to maintain. Do you exercise? I'd eliminate any cardio for the time being, and a couple times per week do a relatively intense weight workout, followed by a huge portion of healthy natural starches such as potatoes/sweet potatoes, rice etc.

This is the best way to add lean, healthy mass, and maintain a good hormonal status; carb cycling in a slight caloric surplus, with emphasis on proteins, healthy fats, tons of veggies (and don't be afraid of a little fruit). 2-3 times per week do a full body, high intensity compound weight workout, followed by a large, lower-fat, higher carb meal.

But move around a lot throughout the day, everyday.