Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So I have been doing green smoothies for about 10 days now and most of the time all goes well, but twice now I have gotten bad nausea about 20 minutes after finishing my smoothie and today I couldn't keep it down at all. This really isn't normal for me... I haven't thrown up in years.

I've also started a supplement routine... so needless to day my zinc, B vitamins, and women's multivitamin came right back up with breakfast... pills undissolved.

I feel like my body hates me! I'm trying to do something right for it and it isn't letting me. What could be the problem?

For reference, my smoothie included spinach, banana, mango, and peaches, with some ice and carrot juice. I tend to mix it up... some days using berries.

Any insight or advice would be fantastic. And no, I am not pregnant.

What would you suggest if I were to continue taking it? Maybe wait until evening? Take with more substantial food or protein?

I have to take mine with a meal. Otherwise I'll ralph it up. I just pop it in there as soon as I'm done eating lunch.

Thanks for the feedback.

I am trying really hard to change the way I eat and the way I treat my acne... trying not to get discouraged by a little bit of vomiting.

Thanks for the feedback.

I am trying really hard to change the way I eat and the way I treat my acne... trying not to get discouraged by a little bit of vomiting.

It discouraged me too! But zinc is so good for you! I used to be constantly sick and I haven't been sick in the past 1.5 years (since I started taking zinc). Just make sure you use one with copper :)

Don't stress about it. It's a rough road trying to do the diet and lifestyle thing. Give yourself a goal thats realistic, like 6-8 months until you have a good control and understanding of it. Theoretically you could clear your acne faster, but most people can't change 100% overnight. It took me 4 months of gradually getting a healthier and healthier diet, and only now am I also exercising too since that's important. It can be very overwhelming at times, but it does work! Just stick with it and keep reading and posting any questions on here, it's so helpful!

Yeah I got really bad nausea from zinc pills when I used to take them. Try taking it at the very end of your biggest meal of the day. Same with the B vit.

Drinking a glass or two of water helps with the nausea for me. I would get nauseas even if I took zinc after a big meal. The water helped a lot.

Your body might even be telling you that you are getting too many vitamins at once. From what I've heard, your body absorbs up to 4 times the vitamins and nutrients when your greens are blended - I think I read that in the green smoothie thread. Maybe you don't need to take the vitamin with your green smoothie. Maybe take it with another meal and see how you react. But more than likely it's the zinc.