Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pathetic_26

Vitamins that can heal acne?

I am getting worried about my acne. i have been switching vitamin to vitamin just to find the right drug that could heal acne. Some of them temporarily reduced my acne, some of them didn't actually work. The bottomline is, I still have acne and I think it's getting worse. I'm currently using Jojoba Oil after I bathe.

Below are the previous vitamins I have taken since I had acne

VITAMINS A, C, E

BREWER'S YEAST

CHELATED ZINC

OTHER VITAMINS:

*Flaxseed Oil

*Cod Liver Oil

SPRINGFLIED NUTRA FACE2FACE (F2F) WITH PRAVENTIN

L-LYSINE

So what other vitamins do you guys could recommend that healed your acne? Feel free to share your experiences as well. Thanks. Looking forward to hear them. I may even consider buying one.

Right now I'm taking 50mg of Zinc, 4,000IU of Vitamin D3 and a multivitamin. I mainly have cystic acne and I haven't had any new pimples/cysts in the last week & I usually get at least one new pimple a week and break out bad at least once a month so I'm hoping this works.

Edited by horror4ever

Right now I'm taking 50mg of Zinc, 4,000IU of Vitamin D3 and a multivitamin. I mainly have cystic acne and I haven't had any new pimples/cysts in the last week & I usually get at least one new pimple a week and break out bad at least once a month so I'm hoping this works.

Wow. Good for you. I'm still breaking out like crazing. But when I took L-Lysine, most of them diminished and I haven't got any new breakouts. But when I completely taken the vitamin for about a month and a half, my pimples started appearing again. I hate this. Since I have already taken Zinc (the chelated form) and various kinds of multivitamins, how does Vitamin D3 working out for you? How does it help treating acne. I have nodular acne and scars and I'm looking for a way of getting rid of them as much as possible, in a natural way.

bump please help with vitamins that heal acne anyone. Ive had average healing success so far with 50mg chelated zinc gluconate/8,000iu Vitamin A. Its been a month and barely much success, but less oiliness at least.

bump please help with vitamins that heal acne anyone. Ive had average healing success so far with 50mg chelated zinc gluconate/8,000iu Vitamin A. Its been a month and barely much success, but less oiliness at least.

I see. I already took chelated zinc at least a year ago or two but I've seen some minor improvements. I'm taking 10,000 IU Vitamin A and I think it's this one that doesn't have any effect on acne AT ALL. But yeah, I not that oily as well. I agree with you that both don't give that much success on acne.

Hmm ok. But while I think like we say it is not the greatest combination, I do think its a good starting point. At the current rate im working with, I would probably be 90% clear in 2-4 months maybe. But the full effect of the healing may not be there, perhaps causing it to come back maybe? Adding onto Zinc and Vitamin A, what would you recommend as one or two better additions to strengthen the process? I have to stress mine is very mild. 75% of my red marks are from 2-3 years ago, just fading very slowly; while there are only 2-3 spots a week I can control...

Hmm ok. But while I think like we say it is not the greatest combination, I do think its a good starting point. At the current rate im working with, I would probably be 90% clear in 2-4 months maybe. But the full effect of the healing may not be there, perhaps causing it to come back maybe? Adding onto Zinc and Vitamin A, what would you recommend as one or two better additions to strengthen the process? I have to stress mine is very mild. 75% of my red marks are from 2-3 years ago, just fading very slowly; while there are only 2-3 spots a week I can control...

I tried Chelated Zinc before I started with Vitamin A. Chelated Zinc definitely helped me with my acne but I really couldn't say so much with Vitamin A. Although as I said before, I am not that oily. But I don't know whether it's from the effects of Vitamin A or not. I would definitely recommend you trying Brewer's Yeast and L-Lysine. I read beofre that you need to take 5 months worth of Brewer's Yeast in order to see an 80% significant improvement on your skin (which I am currently seeing). L-Lysine, on the other hand, also worked perfectly for me. I had seen less acne over the days. But a bit of a warning: L-Lysine is known to deplete the body's Vitamin B6. So if you're experiencing more acne, which is supposedly lessen its effect, try taking Vitamin B6. So far, i didn't suffer from that. My theory is Brewer's Yeast is already a form of B-Complex (B6 is included) and my body has been consuming them for quite some time. So I am not that all affected by L-Lysine's side effects. I took with on a 1,000mcg (I'm not sure of the unit of measurement but it's 1,000). My acne is also mild but it just bugs me that it keeps on sprouting like a weed and can't get rid of the scars. How do you treat your acne scars?

Hey if your taking a multi vitamine check to see if it has iodine...if it does toss it. I was having bad breakouts and couldnt pin point why...then i did dans online test and found out my multivitamin provided 100 percent !!! of my daily value in iodine. iodine aggravates acne :(. i stopped it and the acne went down:)

Hey if your taking a multi vitamine check to see if it has iodine...if it does toss it. I was having bad breakouts and couldnt pin point why...then i did dans online test and found out my multivitamin provided 100 percent !!! of my daily value in iodine. iodine aggravates acne :(. i stopped it and the acne went down:)

what's the name of your multi-vitamin? That's scary. I don't know Iodine can cause acne as well. So wait, it is Iodine on the vitamin that can cause acne or Iodine in general, like also in food per se such as salt, which is way rich in Iodine? FYI thanks for the info.

Only iodized salt contains iodine. You can get other kinds of salt which contain no iodine (sea salt is mostly NaCl). Dan blogged a while ago about how there's no research that actually ties iodine to acne.

Don't be scared of getting 100% of your recommended daily allowance... You NEED iodine to live--it helps regulate your thyroid gland; like anything else, you don't want too much of it, but don't try to cut it out of your diet.

what's the name of your multi-vitamin? That's scary. I don't know Iodine can cause acne as well. So wait, it is Iodine on the vitamin that can cause acne or Iodine in general, like also in food per se such as salt, which is way rich in Iodine? FYI thanks for the info.

the brand is kirkland and high amounts supposivley aggravate acne, iodine is in many foods and we do need it for the body but we really dont need it in a vitamin supplement bc it provides way more than you would find in your daily foods.

Only iodized salt contains iodine. You can get other kinds of salt which contain no iodine (sea salt is mostly NaCl). Dan blogged a while ago about how there's no research that actually ties iodine to acne.

Don't be scared of getting 100% of your recommended daily allowance... You NEED iodine to live--it helps regulate your thyroid gland; like anything else, you don't want too much of it, but don't try to cut it out of your diet.

hey i looked at the blog thanks for mentioning it:) well it seemed that my acne was worse on the iodine than with out it so i guess it depends

I agree with you. You can't completely cut a particular food group out of your diet hence the body will suffer (i.e iodine and dairy). Having a history of a minor thyroid complication, Iodine is definitely important. But keep it under moderation. Too much or too little is bad as well.

the brand is kirkland and high amounts supposivley aggravate acne, iodine is in many foods and we do need it for the body but we really dont need it in a vitamin supplement bc it provides way more than you would find in your daily foods.

That's funny. I'm seeing Kirkland in stores and been meaning to buy that once. Good thing I didn't. I completely understand it. So how did you treat your acne after it was aggravated by Iodine?