Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Les

Sleep and acne!

I was just wondering if a lack of sleep has anything to do with acne, or too much of it in my case! :D

i dont know to be honest but 8 and half hour is good just try and get about that. 10 hour is abit much 6 hour is abit less so try and judge it to be 8 hour or a lil longer but 8 is fine. Some days i might not get much sleep and worry about it and some times sleep ages and still worry but either way i dont notice much change. Just try to stick with 8 hours every night and it shud be the best u can do. Because different times every day will catch up on u.

i dont know to be honest but 8 and half hour is good just try and get about that. 10 hour is abit much 6 hour is abit less so try and judge it to be 8 hour or a lil longer but 8 is fine. Some days i might not get much sleep and worry about it and some times sleep ages and still worry but either way i dont notice much change. Just try to stick with 8 hours every night and it shud be the best u can do. Because different times every day will catch up on u.

u cant sleep too long, so people need more or less so go to bed when youre tired and try to get up at a consistant time

Well, sleep is important cuz your body is cleansing internally. What I feel is good is just to let yourself wake up whenever you get up. Now, some people can sleep for 6 hours and they are good, and others can sleep 10 hours. If your over 8 hours I would probably use the alarm clock and wake yourself up cuz too much sleep can actually make you even more tired. So if your under 8 hours like me sometimes then just wake up and don't try to go back to sleep. (Like I could do if I wanted) And if you go to bed really late then hopefully you don't have anything the next morning cuz you gotta give your body time to recover. KEEP THE FAITH!!!

-Shawn-

Well, sleep is important cuz your body is cleansing internally.  What I feel is good is just to let yourself wake up whenever you get up.  Now, some people can sleep for 6 hours and they are good, and others can sleep 10 hours.  If your over 8 hours I would probably use the alarm clock and wake yourself up cuz too much sleep can actually make you even more tired.  So if your under 8 hours like me sometimes then just wake up and don't try to go back to sleep.  (Like I could do if I wanted)  And if you go to bed really late then hopefully you don't have anything the next morning cuz you gotta give your body time to recover.  KEEP THE FAITH!!!

-Shawn-

too much sleep doesnt make u more tired, it has to do with your biological cycle that keeps you awake or tired during the day

sleep as much as you can to reduce your sleep debt

If excess sleep doesn't make you more tired than why does it work on me and my friends 100% of the time? Whenever I sleep a lot, like around 10 hours of sleep, then i'm hella tired that day.....but when I sleep around 8 hours or a little less than i'm good.

-Shawn-

i dont have time to explain everything in detail, if u want info read the book "the promise of sleep." it contains the latest studies and research by a top Stanford sleep expert

its well written and interesting, i recommend it to everyone

your body goes through 4 sleep cycles 1 stage for every 2 hours thats why they say you should get at least 8 hours or a little more. if less the 8 or more then 9 you feel tierd cause your body already went into the next cycle of sleeping parttens or has not finsihed.

I don't think there is any link between acne and sleep. Some could argue that during the night your skin is healing, but it's not much different than during your average day. As for too much sleep, I can safely say that has no relation at all.