Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sun-ah-san

Roll Call for Current Accutane Users!

Um, all I can say is I am sooooo scared to start guys. I am computer illiterate, so I seriously cannot figure out how to download pictures. My face is so beyond what I have seen on here that I really am not sure I will be able to survive anything worse. I thought Doxycycline was working, but nope- everyday it just gets worse and worse. I seriously am terrified how bad I will be scared. I'm really not sure how I can recover from this.

I am just hoping that the doxy will make it so I wont have an IB on accutane. But I have been on doxy for 9 weeks! Could I really still be having an IB from it? Err! How am I ever going to make it to the 15th when I start accutane?!

Don't be scared!

Be excited. I was so excited to start, seriously.

My skin is still a shitface but it is still wayyy better than when I first started. Way better.

I don't regret one bit going on this medication despite the intense dryness and crazy lips.

The dryness can be super embarassing but it can't possibly be as embarassing as having Freddy Kruger skin.

We're all here for answers and support!

hahaha i was so stoked too! so excited ^^ the funny thing is that I am STILL excited to be on it!

Do you guys take your dose at the same time every day? That's what I've been doing so far (mostly so I remember to take it), but I'm going to be traveling soon and it'll be difficult to keep to any kind of schedule when it comes to taking my Accutane. Just wondering if taking it on a schedule makes any difference...

Argh, getting flaky and more spots than usual. Here it comes! D:

how long have you been taking it

One week.

This initial breakout thing sucks. :doubt:

i try to but i dont think it really matters too much, for those couple days when things were getting better they were all at different times each day so

Um, all I can say is I am sooooo scared to start guys. I am computer illiterate, so I seriously cannot figure out how to download pictures. My face is so beyond what I have seen on here that I really am not sure I will be able to survive anything worse. I thought Doxycycline was working, but nope- everyday it just gets worse and worse. I seriously am terrified how bad I will be scared. I'm really not sure how I can recover from this.

I am just hoping that the doxy will make it so I wont have an IB on accutane. But I have been on doxy for 9 weeks! Could I really still be having an IB from it? Err! How am I ever going to make it to the 15th when I start accutane?!

Don't be scared!

Be excited. I was so excited to start, seriously.

My skin is still a shitface but it is still wayyy better than when I first started. Way better.

I don't regret one bit going on this medication despite the intense dryness and crazy lips.

The dryness can be super embarassing but it can't possibly be as embarassing as having Freddy Kruger skin.

We're all here for answers and support!

Thanks, I am so happy to have a support group!

are you saying that you have super severe acne? if so I do not understand why you would not want to take it. accutane is prescribed especially for patients with severe acne! and plus you have already been on it twice!

what exactly are you scared of? we will try to help :P

Okay, so I am excited to start, trust me. It's that I really am not sure I can handle another IB. Since I have been on Doxy, I have had the worst IB. Just nervius abiut the inevitable I suppose.

My acne is severe, but I wouldn't say super severe. And don't get me wrong-I will be going on accutane. I'm actually on the count down now-10 days left till tane day! Hehe. :) with that said, it Freaks me out just a little reading about people's IB and so forth.

And yes, I have been on it twice before which makes me feel like I should be fine, but one, we never know how I bodies will react and two, it's been over four years and I have kind of forgotten things.

In short-I'm excited and also really nervous. I'm a little skitzo! :)

false alarm on things getting better, shit sucks. the tane is a cruel mistress

First of all, I'm really sorry that your going through this. But you have a funny sense of humor-cruel mistress hehe :)

Well, I'm having an IB. But at least it's not just another breakout of many. At least it's one of the last major ones I should have. So it's an optimistic one. :P

hello im on month 3 almost month 4 of accutane things are going well but hate discoloration like acne marks it sucks ha

it was nice 4 u to make this log=]

how do i make my own post im confused=/

hello im on month 3 almost month 4 of accutane things are going well but hate discoloration like acne marks it sucks ha

im only a month and ten days but i feel kind of blotchy too, theres just one circular patch that doesn't really break out and it looks weird around the other redness. and you did make your own post..i think

First of all, I'm really sorry that your going through this. But you have a funny sense of humor-cruel mistress hehe :)

i do what i can, trying to ease the tension around what seems a lot of let downs going around. the first guy to get cured is going to get shunned due to jealousy.

Do you guys take your dose at the same time every day? That's what I've been doing so far (mostly so I remember to take it), but I'm going to be traveling soon and it'll be difficult to keep to any kind of schedule when it comes to taking my Accutane. Just wondering if taking it on a schedule makes any difference...

dont worry it wont matter at all. just try your best and you will be fine. good luck!

you made your post! haha

yeah discoloration sucks but those go away with time.

FUUUCKK MY LIFEEEEEE

Thank god for MAKE UP.

Oh my DEAR GOD.

hahaha at least you are a girl. i am a boy so I cannot wear makeup to cover my face :P

Well, I'm having an IB. But at least it's not just another breakout of many. At least it's one of the last major ones I should have. So it's an optimistic one. :P

just know that IB is not some rare side effect. nearly every user will get IB so cheer up! it only gets better from here! haha...I Hope :P

dont worry it wont matter at all. just try your best and you will be fine. good luck!

you made your post! haha

yeah discoloration sucks but those go away with time.

FUUUCKK MY LIFEEEEEE

Thank god for MAKE UP.

Oh my DEAR GOD.

hahaha at least you are a girl. i am a boy so I cannot wear makeup to cover my face :P

a little part of me wishes i could....

i do what i can, trying to ease the tension around what seems a lot of let downs going around. the first guy to get cured is going to get shunned due to jealousy.

Yes, very true. As bad as this sounds I would love to be the one who everyone shuns due to being cured! But, I guess in my defense after 3 courses, I better be. :D

haha thats true you have seniority. ive just been getting really down on myself lately idk if its the depression kicking in or what but i could really use some positive results soon. i just want to stay in my room until i emerge gorgeous but someones gotta put out fresh produce at work. its not helping my mom keeps saying i looked better on proactiv and to stop >.>

haha thats true you have seniority. ive just been getting really down on myself lately idk if its the depression kicking in or what but i could really use some positive results soon. i just want to stay in my room until i emerge gorgeous but someones gotta put out fresh produce at work. its not helping my mom keeps saying i looked better on proactiv and to stop >.>

You know, everyone's a critic. Don't listen to them. Be patient-trust me! Like i've said, I'm still nervous, but I know that the rewards are worth everything in the end. :)

Hi everyone!

Please add me to the list too. I am 27 years old, female, and just started Amnesteem on July 4th. I am so so excited to FINALLY be starting (after waiting and waiting with the whole iPLEDGE thing) but I'm also stressing that it won't work, or that it will work but then I'll relapse. I'm getting way too far ahead of myself...

Happy to have people to compare experiences with! Also I'm kind of clueless about this whole message board thing, so forgive me if I'm not posting in the right place or whatever :)

Nice to meet all of you!

Hi everyone!

Please add me to the list too. I am 27 years old, female, and just started Amnesteem on July 4th. I am so so excited to FINALLY be starting (after waiting and waiting with the whole iPLEDGE thing) but I'm also stressing that it won't work, or that it will work but then I'll relapse. I'm getting way too far ahead of myself...

Happy to have people to compare experiences with! Also I'm kind of clueless about this whole message board thing, so forgive me if I'm not posting in the right place or whatever :)

Nice to meet all of you!

u did great :P u posted correctly

welcome! what dosage are you currently on? and how bad is your acne?

Hi everyone!

Nice to meet all of you!

Hey, thanks :)

I am on 40 mg a day right now (for the first month), after that my guess is I will be bumped up to 60 or 80? My acne... ahh.. it's a long story. I guess I would say it's moderate? I've had acne since I was 13, but it was (somewhat) controllable through various medications/products until recently. My skin is very, very unpredictable - it will be mostly clear (like now) for a couple of good weeks, and then I'll have an absolutely horrible breakout that lasts forever. And of course I have lots of red marks from breakouts past, but those at least are fixable with makeup!

Sorry if this has already been covered here, but anyone else having joint pain? I've only been on accutane for a few days and this is my only side effect so far. Waiting for the doctor to call me back so I can ask if fish oil is a good idea...

accutane love,

-A

Hi everyone!

Nice to meet all of you!

Welcome aviva27!

Hi everyone!

Nice to meet all of you!

Hey, thanks :)

I am on 40 mg a day right now (for the first month), after that my guess is I will be bumped up to 60 or 80? My acne... ahh.. it's a long story. I guess I would say it's moderate? I've had acne since I was 13, but it was (somewhat) controllable through various medications/products until recently. My skin is very, very unpredictable - it will be mostly clear (like now) for a couple of good weeks, and then I'll have an absolutely horrible breakout that lasts forever. And of course I have lots of red marks from breakouts past, but those at least are fixable with makeup!

Sorry if this has already been covered here, but anyone else having joint pain? I've only been on accutane for a few days and this is my only side effect so far. Waiting for the doctor to call me back so I can ask if fish oil is a good idea...

accutane love,

-A

you can ask any question and you can ask it multiple times here :P

hmm joint pain? that is the only side effect I have yet to have so I cannot comment much. good idea to call the derm.

hehe your acne history is just like mine! sometimes it was good under and controlled under topicals and BP but it always persists and my clearness never lasts too long. :P

the joint pain is normal im pretty sure, my lower back used to hurt and my elbow or a knee sometimes. especially when i first woke up, hasnt happened lately though