Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sun-ah-san

Roll Call for Current Accutane Users!

Well I'm at my temporary dorm room at umas Amherst for orientation and it's safe to say I haven't seen any kids with remote break outs which was discouraging. Thankfully when I come back in the fall things should be clearer. Skin maybe looking slightlyyy better less white heads. Had to go in the communal bathroom alone in the dead of night to take care of business. Gotta sneak that pill at lunch. Goodnight fellow sufferers!

lolol I actually brag about how my pills cost me $20 per pop :)

btw I have some whiteheads that are poppable and it is getting hard to shave. should i just leave them alone or pop em? I feel like just leaving them there so I dont risk spreading them and also just to see how accutane will get rid of it :P

Edited by sunaah

A week in now and the IB pretty much kicking in full force, getting mad clusters around my mouth and whiteheads everywhere, skin is peeling ever so slightly but lips are still ok. Not had skin this bad in years, very annoying.

Little bit of the redness from the BP has gone now but thats the only real improvement at the moment.

On the twenties thing, one of the reasons I went for the initial referral to a derm was I was coming up for my twentieth birthday and I was loathed if I was gonna have to suck up and deal with acne for the next decade of my life since it plagued the last. So here's to a better twenties for everybody!

Idk if I have an infection but when i swallow the muscles hurt in my throat on the right side and this weird taste keeps coming from the back of my throat too. A litttle nervous might call the doc :S

:Sunnah & Again!

I'm going to the beach tomorrow. Like, omg. I am gonna cake the shit outta my face LOL

I'm so angry at this peeling though. Like, atleast I can cover up redness, but the peeling has gottt to go. I'm so screwed.

:'(

What did I ever do to deserve this shit...

Crossing my fingers for better skin soon.

I'm going to the beach tomorrow. Like, omg. I am gonna cake the shit outta my face LOL

I'm so angry at this peeling though. Like, atleast I can cover up redness, but the peeling has gottt to go. I'm so screwed.

hahaha you are a trooper! so brave going to the beach :P but be careful and wear a wide brimmed lady's hat. even with spf on stay out of the sun just in case :)

have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, as your fellow acne.org friend, I would advise, "No beach!" wow, I remember the July after I went off accutane ( May is when I stopped accutane 07) I had the worst reaction to the sun. It is really hard to explain what happened to my skin. I didn't get burned, but it was like I was having an allergic reaction! It hurt so bad and it was ichy, bright, red and very embarrassing. I was camping with a group of friends and so there was no where for me to go and hide. I was miserable!

If it makes you feel any better, let me tell you what I am giving up to go back on accutane. This will let you know how bad my face is. My husband and I are celebrating our 10 year anniversary this year (I got married super young, but hey, I'm still married :)) and I can't even have sex, let alone go to a nice beach! I know, poor me. :( life sure does suck sometimes!

I wish you the best, but I say skip the beach. If you go, let us know how it goes.

Okay, as your fellow acne.org friend, I would advise, "No beach!" wow, I remember the July after I went off accutane ( May is when I stopped accutane 07) I had the worst reaction to the sun. It is really hard to explain what happened to my skin. I didn't get burned, but it was like I was having an allergic reaction! It hurt so bad and it was ichy, bright, red and very embarrassing. I was camping with a group of friends and so there was no where for me to go and hide. I was miserable!

If it makes you feel any better, let me tell you what I am giving up to go back on accutane. This will let you know how bad my face is. My husband and I are celebrating our 10 year anniversary this year (I got married super young, but hey, I'm still married :)) and I can't even have sex, let alone go to a nice beach! I know, poor me. :( life sure does suck sometimes!

I wish you the best, but I say skip the beach. If you go, let us know how it goes.

Wow. Your husband must be really understanding!

I got back from the beach not too long ago and I burnt on the places I didn't wear sunscreen (body).

I wore a hugeee straw hat and pretty much did my best to keep my face out of the sun. I'd say the total time my bare face was actually in the sun was like, 10 mins.

My body is hurting from the burn and I look darker!

Acne wise, no difference. Thank goodness. I'd be so mad at myself if I burned my face...

Wow. Your husband must be really understanding!

I got back from the beach not too long ago and I burnt on the places I didn't wear sunscreen (body).

I wore a hugeee straw hat and pretty much did my best to keep my face out of the sun. I'd say the total time my bare face was actually in the sun was like, 10 mins.

My body is hurting from the burn and I look darker!

Acne wise, no difference. Thank goodness. I'd be so mad at myself if I burned my face...

:P u did great! hope u had fun.

I just saw my doc today for my 2nd month check up and it went great. the derm was very reassuring! they told me not to worry about anything and told me everything is going to be great blah blah blah and that I shouldn't worry about anything :P they really believe it will work and so I was very pleased with their attitude about the whole thing. 2nd month here I come!!!!!

Hey, I just started Accutane five days ago. I haven't noticed any more spots than usual, although my lips and nose area is quite dry. I normally have very oily skin, so I think I've been weathering the dryness so far. I don't know when it will hit in full force, though...

The spots that have appeared since starting seem to go away much quicker, though. I got one yesterday, and it's almost gone today.

I've heard that the initial breakout sometimes appears in the second week, if not the first. So I'm crossing my fingers that I'll survive it, or that I've been blessed and it just won't come at all. :P

- Skiyk

Welcome Skiyk and keep us posted! I hope you don't have an IB.

Sunaah, awesome news! I sure hope my course goes as well. I am positive it will, so we will see!

Sammyohh, I am really happy that you didn't burn too bad and yes I feel like I have the best husband ever! He is one of those people who has perfect skin and does nothing to deserve it. :) But, he is so understanding which is nice.

You guys, it is almost 80 degrees outside and is very nice! When you live in Seattle it is practically a crime to not be outside on a day like this and here I am, INSIDE. I am missing a day that only comes to Seattle like 7 days a year. Ugh! This is so not my personality. I would normally be at the beach, on a long run, hiking or something active. Again, this is why I know Accutane is right for me. I am going to a bonfire later tonight, but that's at night, so no one can really see my face too well. hehe!

Who's ready for their LIFE back?!

Welcome Skiyk and keep us posted! I hope you don't have an IB.

Sunaah, awesome news! I sure hope my course goes as well. I am positive it will, so we will see!

Sammyohh, I am really happy that you didn't burn too bad and yes I feel like I have the best husband ever! He is one of those people who has perfect skin and does nothing to deserve it. :) But, he is so understanding which is nice.

You guys, it is almost 80 degrees outside and is very nice! When you live in Seattle it is practically a crime to not be outside on a day like this and here I am, INSIDE. I am missing a day that only comes to Seattle like 7 days a year. Ugh! This is so not my personality. I would normally be at the beach, on a long run, hiking or something active. Again, this is why I know Accutane is right for me. I am going to a bonfire later tonight, but that's at night, so no one can really see my face too well. hehe!

Who's ready for their LIFE back?!

I wished I lived in Seattle. I enjoy the rain :D and I hate the sun ^^

hahaha Again!, I do hope you are keeping your husband...erm...satisfied...hehe in other ways....:D

welcome Skiyk, I hope your IB is not bad or you do not have one at all! So far it seems like everyone has some type of breakout, ranging from severe to mild. But I have never heard of clear skin within the first month of Accutane! that would be awesome! Good luck and welcome again.

Sunaah-I actually love the rain too. It's just that you should see Seattle when it's sunny and pretty outside- absolutely stunning! We have the best hikes with the best views. So, what are you doing in California if you hate the sun? :)

By the way, how did you see your dermatologist on a Saturday? Pretty cool, mine only works tuesdays, wednesdays and thursdays.

Oh and on the husband front, yeah we're good. :) Well, sorta. Quite frankly, I'm not sure how I'm going to last another 61/2 months, let alone him! But hey, desperate times call for desperate measures-right?

Sunaah-I actually love the rain too. It's just that you should see Seattle when it's sunny and pretty outside- absolutely stunning! We have the best hikes with the best views. So, what are you doing in California if you hate the sun? :)

By the way, how did you see your dermatologist on a Saturday? Pretty cool, mine only works tuesdays, wednesdays and thursdays.

Oh and on the husband front, yeah we're good. :) Well, sorta. Quite frankly, I'm not sure how I'm going to last another 61/2 months, let alone him! But hey, desperate times call for desperate measures-right?

oh oops I didnt know I posted at 2 AM. it was the day before on a friday that I went to the derm. :D

i think my IB is over. im starting to clear up much better. no more painful cysts. red marks still but those will fade. how is everyone doing? hope u enjoy the 4th!

I'm breaking out again.

Like. Wow.

I'm so frustrated.

I can't even describe the unhappiness and frustration and desperation I'm feeling.

Nearing the middle of the 3rd month and my face still looks like a mother fucker. Ugh.

I'm breaking out again.

Like. Wow.

I'm so frustrated.

I can't even describe the unhappiness and frustration and desperation I'm feeling.

Nearing the middle of the 3rd month and my face still looks like a mother fucker. Ugh.

im working my way into the second month and it looked like i was making progress yesterday and then within a day it just came flooding back. shit sucks, all i know is if by the end things arent looking immaculate im going to be pissed

yup i know how u guys feel. but just think about it this way: we are taking the most powerful acne drug known to man, the one they call the acne cure, the drug that clears all signs of acne in over 70% of patients. Out of the thousands of acne topicals, pills, and procedures, you are on the regimen that has a proven track record of getting rid of even the most gruesome case of acne.

Just think about all the crap that you have previously tried to get rid of acne...I spent too much time and money all for naught...some worked but it always came back...and some made the problem even worse. And the sad part is that even if one of the previous anti acne products that I tried worked...I would have to take them for years to keep my acne under control. But now we are taking a drug that we only have to bear with for 6 months! I'd rather have breakouts for 6 months than use a product for 10 years :P

So out of all the things you COULD be doing, you are fighting the acne in the strongest way possible and you get a heck of a good chance of never seeing it ever again if you just patiently wait 6 months. Yes, it sucks getting initial breakouts (IBs) and having setbacks, just know that it will be worth it in the end when you are finally cured. I just know it will work.

Cheer up everyone and keep us posted!

yup i know how u guys feel. but just think about it this way: we are taking the most powerful acne drug known to man, the one they call the acne cure, the drug that clears all signs of acne in over 70% of patients. Out of the thousands of acne topicals, pills, and procedures, you are on the regimen that has a proven track record of getting rid of even the most gruesome case of acne.

Just think about all the crap that you have previously tried to get rid of acne...I spent too much time and money all for naught...some worked but it always came back...and some made the problem even worse. And the sad part is that even if one of the previous anti acne products that I tried worked...I would have to take them for years to keep my acne under control. But now we are taking a drug that we only have to bear with for 6 months! I'd rather have breakouts for 6 months than use a product for 10 years :P

So out of all the things you COULD be doing, you are fighting the acne in the strongest way possible and you get a heck of a good chance of never seeing it ever again if you just patiently wait 6 months. Yes, it sucks getting initial breakouts (IBs) and having setbacks, just know that it will be worth it in the end when you are finally cured. I just know it will work.

Cheer up everyone and keep us posted!

that was inspirational i have to admit - happy 4th! lets make uncle sam proud and make america a clearer skinned nation

Um, all I can say is I am sooooo scared to start guys. I am computer illiterate, so I seriously cannot figure out how to download pictures. My face is so beyond what I have seen on here that I really am not sure I will be able to survive anything worse. I thought Doxycycline was working, but nope- everyday it just gets worse and worse. I seriously am terrified how bad I will be scared. I'm really not sure how I can recover from this.

I am just hoping that the doxy will make it so I wont have an IB on accutane. But I have been on doxy for 9 weeks! Could I really still be having an IB from it? Err! How am I ever going to make it to the 15th when I start accutane?!

Um, all I can say is I am sooooo scared to start guys. I am computer illiterate, so I seriously cannot figure out how to download pictures. My face is so beyond what I have seen on here that I really am not sure I will be able to survive anything worse. I thought Doxycycline was working, but nope- everyday it just gets worse and worse. I seriously am terrified how bad I will be scared. I'm really not sure how I can recover from this.

I am just hoping that the doxy will make it so I wont have an IB on accutane. But I have been on doxy for 9 weeks! Could I really still be having an IB from it? Err! How am I ever going to make it to the 15th when I start accutane?!

Don't be scared!

Be excited. I was so excited to start, seriously.

My skin is still a shitface but it is still wayyy better than when I first started. Way better.

I don't regret one bit going on this medication despite the intense dryness and crazy lips.

The dryness can be super embarassing but it can't possibly be as embarassing as having Freddy Kruger skin.

We're all here for answers and support!

are you saying that you have super severe acne? if so I do not understand why you would not want to take it. accutane is prescribed especially for patients with severe acne! and plus you have already been on it twice!

what exactly are you scared of? we will try to help :P