Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sun-ah-san

Roll Call for Current Accutane Users!

I posted this in my log, but thought maybe more would see it here... Any/all help is much appreciated

Sigh....

Almost done with my 5th month and I've taken a turn for the worse.

Idk y, but over the last several days I've had several mini actives pop up.

Today alone 4 new ones have sprouted. They go sorta quickly, but I am really stressed and worried atm.

What am I doing wrong?

Why do new actives keep coming?

I figured that once my clogs cleared I'd be good.... But no such luck.

Any words of advice or anyone who's exp something similar?

Please help sad.png

I feel like this is facebook with all the changes

@crystal

Are the actives inflamed? Are they very tiny and do they go away within a day or 2? Also, how has the progress been so far? cleared up quite a bit?

I get some acne now and then but they are very very tiny and go away very quickly. also very importantly they are not inflamed so they dont leave a mark when they go away.

Yes, they are very tiny, and yes they go in a day or two. Mine seem to leave a tiny red spot that also fades quickly. These baby whiteheads seem to go simply by washing a day or two after they sprout up. Sorta like a clog but not, they r baby actives. I've only had two actives that were inflamed in the last month that actually required extraction.

The thing I'm freaking out over is why am I getting these in the first place? Am I doing something wrong?

All I do is wash w/ liquid Purpose and moisturize w/ CeraVe lotion (the original).

Edit - and technically my cum dose will be @ 150mg/kg in a week. My derm is running me on a 6 month course tho, so I'll end in Oct w/ approx 200mg/kg. U'd think at this point, with my dosage in mind, I'd be done with this crap :/. Just super discouraged....

I get them from time to time but I am not worried at all cuz they go away! as long as they go away I think you should not be worried because without accutane I believe the spots would be more frequent and stay for more than a 2 days. ive never had my acne come and go away so fast so i am pretty content tongue.png

my white heads were "taken care of" and now theyre large red scabby spots since they bled and i have a random red patch on the other side of my face next to the impending reddish bump that will surely turn into something. everything was going so well :'( now im getting that dont want to go out feeling again..i hate this

Ur right, bc they r going fast I shouldn't stress. It's just that I'm afraid I won't be one of those "maintenance free" ppl after tane.

I'm going to have to find a maintenance topical for sure :(

Accutane is such a rollercoaster for me... for my mind, and I totally understand the "i dont wanna go out" coming and going... Blahhhhhh

Well, I've got 5 weeks left, here's hoping for a strong finish :)

in month 5... looking great, havint broke out in a month.... get lil red bumps verrryy tiny that arnt infmalmed that go away in 2 days... you can only see them literally if u are looking for them they are that small

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

See, those little ones still bug me tho....

Am I being completely unrealistic expecting to NOT get blemishes w/ tane??

Edited by Crystal841

See, those little ones still bug me tho....

Am I being completely unrealistic expecting to NOT get blemishes w/ tane??

Well it depends on how far you have gotten. For me accutane has cleared me like no other, I haven't had real acne in for over 2 months! So the little bumps that come up and go away within a day are just cute and laughable to me. but if your face is still stricken with acne and accutane is not helping, I would be worried too.

in month 5... looking great, havint broke out in a month.... get lil red bumps verrryy tiny that arnt infmalmed that go away in 2 days... you can only see them literally if u are looking for them they are that small

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

HOOAH!!!!!

hmm sammyoh should have graduated by now but she hasnt posted her final. a lot of people havent posted their final :P which kinda makes me giddy and happy cuz it makes me think they have moved on with their acne free life and are now too COOL for us! hehe

i still have like 45 days to go

and again, the red bumps are so small that i literally need to stand 2 inches from the mirror to find them....then when i look away and try to look again i gota actually search for them again. so im not sure how big your bumps are but you should relax

i still got more than a month to go for these lil bumps to leave anyway.

anyone else have the redness on cheeks and nose? really hopeing it fades

almost done with month 4 and i like alot of you guys i have red cheeks and and nose etc. and get flushed much easier and more often. i had the pih marks on the sides of my face but theyre slowly fading, however over the past couple days i got a couple mini white heads and today i noticed a bump sprouting up that i will inevitably try and pop. im a little nervous why this is happening all the sudden D:. i guess ill bring it all up to my doctor in a week. next month last month supposedly im on 80 mg right now

i still have like 45 days to go

and again, the red bumps are so small that i literally need to stand 2 inches from the mirror to find them....then when i look away and try to look again i gota actually search for them again. so im not sure how big your bumps are but you should relax

i still got more than a month to go for these lil bumps to leave anyway.

anyone else have the redness on cheeks and nose? really hopeing it fades

almost done with month 4 and i like alot of you guys i have red cheeks and and nose etc. and get flushed much easier and more often. i had the pih marks on the sides of my face but theyre slowly fading, however over the past couple days i got a couple mini white heads and today i noticed a bump sprouting up that i will inevitably try and pop. im a little nervous why this is happening all the sudden D:. i guess ill bring it all up to my doctor in a week. next month last month supposedly im on 80 mg right now

i have that redness on cheeks and nose as well im reallllly hoping it goes away because i hate it.. do u think ours will fade?

even the most stubborn red marks fade with time. I am sure they will go away!

So I have around 2 more months of Accutane and I'm trying to decide whether or not I want to go on a topical for the long run. Since I've relapsed twice, I think it might be kind of silly to do nothing once I've finished my course, but I also haven't had much luck with topicals in the past. I don't want to use anything if it's not necessary, but I also don't want to play a waiting game and constantly be anxious that my acne will return sooner or later (the stress of which would probably make me break out anyway). I haven't really experienced much dryness, so I was thinking about starting a topical regimen during my last month on Accutane so my skin can acclimate to the topical while I'm still taking the drug and I can avoid an IB. I think what worries me the most is the possibility that a topical will break me out unnecessarily and undo all of the progress I've made on Accutane. What do you guys think? How many of you are going on a topical once your course is over?

(I think I may have asked a similar question before in this thread, but it's really late and I can't remember... sorry if I have!)

After visiting with my derm at my last appt, he suggested I use a bha lotion during my last month of tane. His thought was it will help maintain the clearness of my pores. I guess I'd rather go that route than something too strong like a topical retinoid. Even differin .1 killed my skin.

We'll see, my next visit w/ him is next Tues. Oct. is my last month, so I will see what he suggests then.

my derm is giving me a tretinoin cream once i finish....said it will help keep oil production down and fade red marks

dam you red cheeks and nose dammmm youuu

Hi all,

I'm on day 50 of Roaccutane, but just signed up to acne.org.

My accutane journey has been a bumpy one so far! I started on 20mg, then 30mg after 2 weeks and then up to 40mg at the beginning of week five. Still getting pimples, which is very annoying, but I know it is to be expected at this stage of the course. The zits I am getting almost always start as a blocked pore, then form into a papule and finally a pustule. I know I'm not supposed to pick, pinch or squeeze while on accutane, but I just find it impossible to walk around with a massive pimple smack bang in the middle of my cheek! Mostly the squeezing hasn't caused too much damage, but there have been a few pimples that have become scabs. Ooops.

Since being on accutane I have noticed my skin is really different. Hardly any oil production and it is much more fragile. Since taking 40mg per day I have experienced heaps more side effects and have been suffering from dry eyes and a rash on the back of my hands which is sore, but I manage to keep it under control with hydrocortisone cream. The worst side effect I have experienced so far is my lips. On Tuesday this week I noticed a little cluster of blisters in the corner of my top lip. I looked like the beginning of a cold sore (which I have never had in my life), so I went to the chemist to get some antiviral cream. By Thursday, both by entire top and bottom lips were covered in blisters. By Thursday night, all the blisters had popped and were weeping and my lips were so swollen! OMG, it was disgusting. I went to the dr yesterday and she said that it was a side effect from the accutane (which I had assumed anyway). I have been slathering on paw paw ointment and zinc to help the cracks and they seem to be getting better, although still hurt. I have stopped accutane until my lips heal and will then drop down to 20mg for the rest of my course. Has anyone else on here had a similar problem with their lips?? Urgh, I feel so ugly :(

^^ i got some pretty bad blisters in the corners of my mouth as of late too :/

Yep, horrible huh?! My blistered have all gone now, although my lips are still really tingly and sore. Pawpaw ointment has been the best though, it doesn't sting like some of the medicated lip balms do.

Hi guys, put me down in this group....I started Accutane in May 2011 and now I am acne free!! Please check out my blog, I have pictures to compare my before and after. I am finishing another month of 40mg/day and then I'll be tapering off by taking 20mg/day. It brings tears to my eyes everytime I see old pictures of myself and everytime I look in the mirror. I am proud of what I see because after 12 years of acne I thought having clear skin would never happen to me. :)

added! I think im going to have to close the list now (sowwie!) cuz summer is over!!! If I did not add you before this date, PM me and I'll add ya!

Graduates are coming soon! We got a couple people that should be completely done but none have made their final post! probably cuz they are busy with their acne free lives! wooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

This might be the wrong place to post this, but I can't get any replies anywhere else on this forum tongue.png

I'm a 16 year old with mild/moderate acne, but no matter what vitamin regimen changes I make or how long I use Differin and Peroxide, my face will not clear up anymore than it has. I have to use Differin every night otherwise when I wake up the next morning a nasty breakout will be awaiting me.

I have an appointment with my dermatologist next monday, and have a few questions to you guys experienced with 'tane!

1. Have you guys experienced halt of growth? I read that 'tane can cause growth to be stopped, which is not something desirable for a 16 year old who is only 5' 6".

2. Is Jojoba oil seriously effective for helping redness and flaking associated with 'tane? I'm used to flaking hardcore right now since I use Differin, but I doubt it compares.

Thank you in advance!

Done with month 1(40mg- 20mg twice a day) and moving onto month 2 going to 60mg(30mg twice a day). My face is the worst it's ever been in my life currently. Huge deformed nodules everywhere on my face. Check out my latest post and you can read more in depth.

My question for you guys is if I'll break out even more by going up to 60 or will the accutane start kicking in more to stop my IB. I'm so fed up right now, it hurts so much physically and mentally! So far my lips are noticeably drier. I only apply lip balm at night and drink plenty of water during the day and my lips stay moisturized. Will my face finally start to dry up and flatten out?

Thanks!