Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sun-ah-san

Roll Call for Current Accutane Users!

have 3 small zits on my forehead but they are not big at all, just kinda sucks after a week of no zits i have this but i can live with it...

someone mentioned that moisturizing helps fade pih marks? i dont put moisturizer on my forehead because im worried it will cause more zits because its my problem area... i use cetaphil cream from that big tub as moisturizer is it safe ti put on my forehead?

thx

haha people will say anything. moisturizing alone does not help fade pih marks. just no, unless there is some super duper moisturizer that is constructed to do so. but your average moisturizer is not that magical and will simply do what you call it.

ive been using the cetaphil cream ever since i started accutane. every night, all over my face, zero acne. if you read the label, kelso, it says noncomedogenic so you should be fine.

Has anyone had increased libido...like i can't stop thinking about sex... shouldn't it be the opposite? I'm passed puberty and i dunno why I'm like this suddenly, I even let a friend convince me into going into a massage parlour that gives hand jobs...something I used to think was ridiculous

^how was it

edit.. im horny all the time but just get a girl at school to rub ur junk instead of paying someone

Edited by kelso57

Has anyone had increased libido...like i can't stop thinking about sex... shouldn't it be the opposite? I'm passed puberty and i dunno why I'm like this suddenly, I even let a friend convince me into going into a massage parlour that gives hand jobs...something I used to think was ridiculous

looooooooooooooooooooooool #1 comment

@kelso

^how was it

edit.. im horny all the time but just get a girl at school to rub ur junk instead of paying someone

kelso! wtf I dont even...

Edited by Sun-ah-san

im just saying... ifr you go to colege like i do there are girls everywhere... talk to one chat em up and see what happens... encounters at school are the best ;)

on the accutane subject tho i really want my red cheeks to go away when im done... how long does it stay once im off

How much do you guys eat when you take your pill(s)? I usually try to eat at least a bowl of yogurt with some granola, but sometimes I'm not sure if that's enough. I don't really eat too much (my meds for my add act as appetite suppresents, so it can be like forcing down food), but I just want to be sure that I'm eating enough with my pills. Is there a rule of thumb for how much food you should be ingesting/what types of foods are best for absorption? Thanks.

anyone?

How much do you guys eat when you take your pill(s)? I usually try to eat at least a bowl of yogurt with some granola, but sometimes I'm not sure if that's enough. I don't really eat too much (my meds for my add act as appetite suppresents, so it can be like forcing down food), but I just want to be sure that I'm eating enough with my pills. Is there a rule of thumb for how much food you should be ingesting/what types of foods are best for absorption? Thanks.

anyone?

dont worry too much about how much you eat. just eat something and take your accutane. im completely clear right now but ive been real crappy about when I take my tane and how. Sometimes I forget in the morning so I take two at night. Sometimes I don't want to eat, and I just take my tane. In other words, you are probably doing much better than me in terms of absorption and in the end the amount of food you ate with your tane will not determine your success or failure on the drug. Good luck!

anyone?

I try to eat foods with decent amounts of fat since accutane is fat soluble and transported through the body via lipid carriers.

question: I'm on low dose accutane (20 month 1, then 40 for the last 2) and I'm wondering about popping a zit.. I have one right now in the middle on my cheek and I have a big event on Saturday. I use to just pop them, put a dot of bacitracin on it and then go to bed. The next morning I would wake up and it would be basically gone. This is the first pimple I've had in a while (like a month) and so I don't know how my skin is going to react. I don't want to make it worse but I want it to go away! Thoughts?

question: I'm on low dose accutane (20 month 1, then 40 for the last 2) and I'm wondering about popping a zit.. I have one right now in the middle on my cheek and I have a big event on Saturday. I use to just pop them, put a dot of bacitracin on it and then go to bed. The next morning I would wake up and it would be basically gone. This is the first pimple I've had in a while (like a month) and so I don't know how my skin is going to react. I don't want to make it worse but I want it to go away! Thoughts?

I'd ice it and leave it alone. Otherwise you'll end up with PIH or at worst, a scar, since your skin is thinned out from the 'Tane.

Just saw my derm and he's going to let me stay on for 6 months instead of 5 (thank God). On another note, I've had this rash-like patch of skin above my upper lip for a few weeks now (from using my moisturizer above my lip - apparently that was a bad idea) that burns/itches/flakes, and it's annoyingly inflamed (if I were a redhead, it would look like I had a moustache). My derm basically said that it wouldn't go away until I came off the Accutane, and to just keep using Aquaphor. The Aquaphor, however, seems to just make the area really shiny (and thus more noticeable), but I haven't really noticed any healing. Have you guys experienced anything like this? I was thinking about maybe using Neosporin, or maybe a cortisone anti-itch cream, but maybe I should just stick to the Aquaphor. Any advice?

anyone else have redness on cheeks+nose and flush time to time...?

really hope it subsides when im done

yup i get this from time to time. some days it's not there but sometimes my cheeks feel a bit hot.

^ ive been reading so many horror stories of ppl having worse flushing and redness as a result of the tane and now im freaking out that il have the same

I posted this in my log, but thought maybe more would see it here... Any/all help is much appreciated

Sigh....

Almost done with my 5th month and I've taken a turn for the worse.

Idk y, but over the last several days I've had several mini actives pop up.

Today alone 4 new ones have sprouted. They go sorta quickly, but I am really stressed and worried atm.

What am I doing wrong?

Why do new actives keep coming?

I figured that once my clogs cleared I'd be good.... But no such luck.

Any words of advice or anyone who's exp something similar?

Please help :(

I posted this in my log, but thought maybe more would see it here... Any/all help is much appreciated

Sigh....

Today alone 4 new ones have sprouted. They go sorta quickly, but I am really stressed and worried atm.

What am I doing wrong?

Please help sad.png

I feel like this is facebook with all the changes

@crystal

Are the actives inflamed? Are they very tiny and do they go away within a day or 2? Also, how has the progress been so far? cleared up quite a bit?

I get some acne now and then but they are very very tiny and go away very quickly. also very importantly they are not inflamed so they dont leave a mark when they go away.

Sigh....

What am I doing wrong?

Please help sad.png

@crystal

Are the actives inflamed? Are they very tiny and do they go away within a day or 2? Also, how has the progress been so far? cleared up quite a bit?

I get some acne now and then but they are very very tiny and go away very quickly. also very importantly they are not inflamed so they dont leave a mark when they go away.

Yes, they are very tiny, and yes they go in a day or two. Mine seem to leave a tiny red spot that also fades quickly. These baby whiteheads seem to go simply by washing a day or two after they sprout up. Sorta like a clog but not, they r baby actives. I've only had two actives that were inflamed in the last month that actually required extraction.

The thing I'm freaking out over is why am I getting these in the first place? Am I doing something wrong?

All I do is wash w/ liquid Purpose and moisturize w/ CeraVe lotion (the original).

Edit - and technically my cum dose will be @ 150mg/kg in a week. My derm is running me on a 6 month course tho, so I'll end in Oct w/ approx 200mg/kg. U'd think at this point, with my dosage in mind, I'd be done with this crap :/. Just super discouraged....

Edited by Crystal841

almost done with month 4 and i like alot of you guys i have red cheeks and and nose etc. and get flushed much easier and more often. i had the pih marks on the sides of my face but theyre slowly fading, however over the past couple days i got a couple mini white heads and today i noticed a bump sprouting up that i will inevitably try and pop. im a little nervous why this is happening all the sudden D:. i guess ill bring it all up to my doctor in a week. next month last month supposedly im on 80 mg right now

Sigh....

What am I doing wrong?

Please help sad.png

@crystal

Yes, they are very tiny, and yes they go in a day or two. Mine seem to leave a tiny red spot that also fades quickly. These baby whiteheads seem to go simply by washing a day or two after they sprout up. Sorta like a clog but not, they r baby actives. I've only had two actives that were inflamed in the last month that actually required extraction.

The thing I'm freaking out over is why am I getting these in the first place? Am I doing something wrong?

All I do is wash w/ liquid Purpose and moisturize w/ CeraVe lotion (the original).

Edit - and technically my cum dose will be @ 150mg/kg in a week. My derm is running me on a 6 month course tho, so I'll end in Oct w/ approx 200mg/kg. U'd think at this point, with my dosage in mind, I'd be done with this crap :/. Just super discouraged....

I get them from time to time but I am not worried at all cuz they go away! as long as they go away I think you should not be worried because without accutane I believe the spots would be more frequent and stay for more than a 2 days. ive never had my acne come and go away so fast so i am pretty content :P