Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sun-ah-san

Roll Call for Current Accutane Users!

I'm on Day 86 (60mg/day) and I've noticed some increased dryness over the past few days, but only directly on and surrounding my active pimples. I actually haven't experienced much dryness thus far (knock on wood), but ever since the beginning of the week I've noticed that each pimple has become very dry and flaky (still very red and inflamed), as well as the area immediately surrounding the pimple. Has anyone else experienced this kind of spot-dryness?

I've put some moisturizer (Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture with SPF 15) directly on those spots, but I'm a little wary of using a moisturizer on top of an active pimple, even if it is oil-free. Since I (fortunately) haven't had to use moisturizer religiously so far in my course, I have a question for those of you that have had to rely a lot on moisturizer during your Accutane course; does using your moisturizer on active pimples alleviate the dryness but make the pimple worse, or does the moisturizer have no effect whatsoever on the acne itself? I guess I'm worried that the moisturizer will either break me out or stop the pimples from going away - I'm just really hesitant about putting any OTC product on my face, even though I've used this moisturizer before (when I wasn't on Accutane, and I didn't use it on any area with active pimples). Hope this question makes sense, thanks!!

If it's non comedogenic then I'd say that it will only help your acne, and alleviate some of the uncomfortableness of dry skin as well.

I'm on day 71 now, acne is looking maybe a bit better than at start of course, still have a crazy amount of red marks of course (covering both cheeks almost completely). On the plus side though, I looked at my back for the first time in a couple weeks (I usually am too focused over my facial acne to remember about my terrible back) and it has cleared up about 95%! I've went from having a ton of acne on my back to just a couple spots here and there.

oh boy accutane is simply amazing. after about 2 months of use, I have yet to see my face covered in oil. I can go without washing my face for 24 hours and still my face will not have an oil spill on it. No more shiny-ness!!!!!!!!! I can sleep, run, eat, dance, swim, etc, and never have my face get all shiny. amazing. the best part is my face is not dry at all and no flakes! it's like it is perfectly moist :D

oh boy accutane is simply amazing. after about 2 months of use, I have yet to see my face covered in oil. I can go without washing my face for 24 hours and still my face will not have an oil spill on it. No more shiny-ness!!!!!!!!! I can sleep, run, eat, dance, swim, etc, and never have my face get all shiny. amazing. the best part is my face is not dry at all and no flakes! it's like it is perfectly moist :D

You crack me up. I love how you change your name all the time.

hehe my name

Btw, I would like to share one thing I have learned while taking Accutane. Before I went on the drug, I suspected (for many years T_T) that many individual factors contributed to my acne problems. What I ate, if I had touched my face, the number of times I washed my face, how much I exercised, stress, types of facial products I used, the toothpaste I used, the shampoo I used, pillow sheets, amount of Sun exposure, how I shaved, my hormone levels even, and etc. All these things and more I thought were the underlying culprits that plagued my skin. But now I know that these things had little to do with my acne and it was actually the sticky oil oozing out of my lovely face :D that is to blame. No oil = no acne for me.

And so perhaps you were like me. Always wondering why you thought your skin needed such high maintenance, while others could mistreat their skin and still have zero acne. Constantly worrying about every little detail and factor that "could" or "might" affect your skin. Thus, I am glad I made the choice to get on this drug because now I have a thousand less things to worry about because Accutane showed me that my skin.....was just normal after all. Take away the oil and that's it, no other crazy routines I have to follow. Feels really freeing.

P.S.

I did a "test" and did a bunch of "bad" (things I thought gave me acne) to my skin. Like drinking loads of milk, washing my face only once a day, not using lotion, not using a cleanser, rubbing my face with my dirty little hands :D, french fries yum, Pepsi ahhh, and just not caring about my skin. Nothing worked, I didn't get any new spots ^^

Edited by Sun-ah-san

had no breakout for record like 5 days... small zit on forehead...again fml seriously

need these fuckin marks to heal

week 13 btw just started month 4

3 months to go including this one.

my summer: stay inside depressed because i cant stay in sun to long, embarased of acne and pih marks.. need acne to be gone serously

hehe my name

Btw, I would like to share one thing I have learned while taking Accutane. Before I went on the drug, I suspected (for many years T_T) that many individual factors contributed to my acne problems. What I ate, if I had touched my face, the number of times I washed my face, how much I exercised, stress, types of facial products I used, the toothpaste I used, the shampoo I used, pillow sheets, amount of Sun exposure, how I shaved, my hormone levels even, and etc. All these things and more I thought were the underlying culprits that plagued my skin. But now I know that these things had little to do with my acne and it was actually the sticky oil oozing out of my lovely face :D that is to blame. No oil = no acne for me.

And so perhaps you were like me. Always wondering why you thought your skin needed such high maintenance, while others could mistreat their skin and still have zero acne. Constantly worrying about every little detail and factor that "could" or "might" affect your skin. Thus, I am glad I made the choice to get on this drug because now I have a thousand less things to worry about because Accutane showed me that my skin.....was just normal after all. Take away the oil and that's it, no other crazy routines I have to follow. Feels really freeing.

P.S.

I did a "test" and did a bunch of "bad" (things I thought gave me acne) to my skin. Like drinking loads of milk, washing my face only once a day, not using lotion, not using a cleanser, rubbing my face with my dirty little hands :D, french fries yum, Pepsi ahhh, and just not caring about my skin. Nothing worked, I didn't get any new spots ^^

Thanks for this, it is good to hear, because I've always suspected I had the same problem! I've been on Retin A for 2 and a half months now, and as my skin is getting more oily I'm beginning to break out more and more again(beyond the IB)... I don't break out anywhere except where I have oily skin(T zone). For example my cheeks and chin don't get oily and they don't break out at all. Hopefully I can start with you guys in a few days when I talk to my derm again.

Day 4 for me. New side effect - bloodshot eyes? Freaked out because I had to make sure they weren't yellowing first (they're not - thank god), but kinda bloodshot and funky looking. Is this just my eyes drying out? They don't feel uncomfortably dry yet, but they look like sh**.

Sun-ah-san-

Hmmm, I agree, but I really don't get oil on my checks and that's pretty much where I get my acne. Also, my t-zone is where I get all my oil (and lots of it) and I don't get acne there.

had no breakout for record like 5 days... small zit on forehead...again fml seriously

my summer: stay inside depressed because i cant stay in sun to long, embarased of acne and pih marks.. need acne to be gone serously

I'm in a similar situation ~70 days in. Terrible pih marks which are making my skin looks awful, and I'm staying inside a ton because of them. Hoping I look better in two weeks when school starts, but at the rate these look like theyre fading I dont like my chances.

I'm in a similar situation ~70 days in. Terrible pih marks which are making my skin looks awful, and I'm staying inside a ton because of them. Hoping I look better in two weeks when school starts, but at the rate these look like theyre fading I dont like my chances.

the small zit i was complaining about actually dried up this morning.. fuck these pih marks though. ive been inside 90% of summer probs more i wish i could treat this shit while im on tane. ive been growing out my hair last 2 months and hpefully soon it will cover up msot of my forehead. i dotn wana be stuck with hats all the time for school... really depresses me..

Hey! ok so assuming accutane does its thing i'll be clear in a couple months (wow that feels REALLY good to type and to think about (: !! ) but i will still have the problem that is all these dark marks left over... i only have 3 actives on my face right now but it looks like i have 20 because of the marks left over from breakouts dating months back... i never used the toner in those 3-step kits (toner is for evening out skin tone right?) so yeah... i'm thinking i'm gonna start having to use a toner because when i'm finally clear i don't want to still have marks left over... so can anyone reccomend a toner or another product that will help even out my skin tone?

^ i dotn think u are suppost to treat pih spots while on tane brah but if u can i would lik to know a product as well

u guys im on month 5 of accutane and i syill have soome pih and sun-ah-san pih is POST INFLAMITORY HYPERPIGMENTATION there the red, black, purple, brown marks left after an acne lesion has healed

what do i do to get rid of this should i simply wait>?

u guys im on month 5 of accutane and i syill have soome pih and sun-ah-san pih is POST INFLAMITORY HYPERPIGMENTATION there the red, black, purple, brown marks left after an acne lesion has healed

what do i do to get rid of this should i simply wait>?

o.O ohhh I have pih :D not sure how to get rid of it though, other than just waiting :(

dolly if you do not mind, id like to hear how your journey was like on accutane. thanks!

Us ladies are so lucky. To "get rid" of my PIH marks I just dust my face with a little bit of mineral foundation!

Loving roaccutane btw. By summer I'm gonna have the skin I've always dreamed of :D Woot woot!!!!

well for us guys its a bit tougher... i will never be caught wearing makeup so im left with growing my hair out (which i wanted to do acne or no acne because i like the style) and wearing a hat until my bangs are long enough

has anyone here successfuly gotten rid of pih marks while on tane with some type of cream or something?

HOLY @!*# 3 WEEKS IN MY FACE WAS WORSE THAN EVER...BUT I SHAVED EXPHOLIATED I GUESS SINCE THEN ITS BEEN 4 DAYS AND NOOO ACNE! MY SKIN IS BETTER THAN ITS BEEN IN YEARS...ACCUTANE IS WORKING SO WELL KEEP FINGERS CROSSED :shifty:

Edited by Cooool

Ugh....spoke to soon. Upped the dosage a couple of weeks ago and I now have two minor whiteheads and one big cyst (with no head) on the side of my face. Damn.

Still happy though!!! :D:D:D:D

Ugh....spoke to soon. Upped the dosage a couple of weeks ago and I now have two minor whiteheads and one big cyst (with no head) on the side of my face. Damn.

Still happy though!!! :D :D :D :D

lolol thats the spirit

btw Coool your post made me giggle. I can just picture you screaming :D

its been FANTASTIC so far

i could not be happier. the only real symptoms i have had are dry lips and dry skin which i can handle(:

i havnt had a real breakout in a month and a half and my marks seem to be fading

i was blessed to be able to take accutane i really was

(:

its been FANTASTIC so far

i could not be happier. the only real symptoms i have had are dry lips and dry skin which i can handle(:

i havnt had a real breakout in a month and a half and my marks seem to be fading

i was blessed to be able to take accutane i really was

(:

take note people!!! thanks for sharing!

Does anyone here get more inflamed after applying moisturizer?

I've noticed that every time I put moisturizer on, my active pimples/red marks become even redder, almost as if I just washed my face. For example, this morning I woke up and saw that the inflammation wasn't that bad (thanks to eight hours of sleep), but as soon as I applied my moisturizer, each spot became very noticeably red, and it took a couple hours (sitting in front of the fan...) for the redness to calm down, although it never went back to how it looked when I first woke up. Has anyone else experienced something like this and, if so, what did you do? Thanks!