Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sun-ah-san

Roll Call for Current Accutane Users!

Grr finished 2 months yesterday skin still looks shitty, no improvement.

I bought this moisturizer that says to be Oil Free and Dermatologist Tested but doesn't say non comedogenic. Safe to use or not? It was expensive and claims to reduce redness so I hope so.

Grr finished 2 months yesterday skin still looks shitty, no improvement.

I bought this moisturizer that says to be Oil Free and Dermatologist Tested but doesn't say non comedogenic. Safe to use or not? It was expensive and claims to reduce redness so I hope so.

3rd or 4th month should be better for you. im nearing end of 3rd and breakouts have diminished but i still get some small pustules which suck.

my forehead is fucking littered with pih marks which i feel is worse than the acne itself. its so gross. but i need to wait til im off tane to treat it.

btw. what are the effects of not mousturizing when on accutane?

*generic bitching how my face is still a red minefield..two months and a couple days in*

Haha sounds like me, hope everything improves! I'm starting to spend too much time on this board

^ what do u mean?

does anyone know if silk true almond drink will cause acne. i dont think so though because online it says its not a source of dairy but i just wanna double check

I am on day 23 and have developed these raw/dry patches on each side of my chin. I called my derm to ask about them and she wasn't in so another doctor told me to go down to one pill a day (40mg instead of 80mg) until I see my doctor on the 16th. I'm not happy about this since I was seeing such great results and I'm now nervous my dosage will be dropped permanently. :( I really hope not. I'm hoping that the rash goes away in a few days and then my derm will hopefully keep me at this dose. I will be begging her on the 16th. As much as I really want these things gone, I want my acne gone more!

ok well earlier i posted that i would have to go off for a week cause the doctor couldn't get me in, but they called me up yesterday saying someone cancelled their appointment and that they could see me today so i went and now as long as i do the blood work before i go on vacation they'll write the perscription right away so i won't have to miss any days (: so my anxiety is relieved! so happy! also i'm gonna get bumped up to 60 mg a day... also the appointment was a tad odd... does anyone else's derm count their actives outloud and tell their assistant (who's tying everything into the computer)? or is that just mine? it was kinda embarassing but whatever! they'll be gone soon anyway!

day 4. this IB is no joke. :(

yeah the IB sucks!

@This Kid

wow how "professional". my derm visits are kinda odd, odd in the fact they end so quickly. We say hi, I tell him I'm doing great and show him my face, then we say bye.

@Again!

Yeah sounds like your face is drying up real good, mine did the same but went away a couple days after.

Update on my status:

I am 75 days into accutane. I had IB for the first month. Face rapidly cleared at the start of the 2nd month. My face was red during the first month as well. Now I am pretty much clear and I rarely see acne. If I get something, it's just a whitehead that is not inflamed, and they fall off after a couple days leaving no sign. which is a BIG difference than before when everything was inflamed and red...

side effects that I have had:

peeling hands

bloody nose

dry lips

red face

side effects that I have now:

dry lips (but not dry skin!!! wooo!!)

some thoughts:

wear sunscreen boys and gals...and remember to reapply now and then or get sunburned like me :(

take vitamins!

use a gentle cleanser and careful with the exfoliating! to be honest the only cleanser i have used on my face is the cetaphil gentle cleanser and my face still looks pretty darn good I must say :P

Edited by sunaaaaaaaaaaah

everyone seems to be washing with a cleanser...

i dont though i just use cold water morning and night is this ok?

not okay. use a cleanser. there are many types of cleansers out there that are suited for your face type. The reason people use cleansers is that they are more efficient at removing dirt and oils than just rubbing your face with water alone.

Let me ask you this, do you use shampoo for your hair? Why? Why not just use water to rinse your hair? The answer is because the shampoo is better at getting rid of oils and dirt within the hair. Water doesn't cut it for hair, and likewise it doesn't do enough for your face.

Although it is not necessary to wash with a cleanser, it is very helpful to those who work in an outside environment or have oily skin. Just don't use generic soap *gasp* and do not use something too strong. Since we are on accutane, I would just use a gentle cleanser. Hope this helps!

@ Kelso..

uh, like what sunaaaaaaaaaah said

basicly water doesnt cut it, especially oily skin, dip your hand in oil and then go rinse it.. it doesnt really clean it as well as with soap right?

oil molecules are not as attracted to water molecules..

for girls that wear make up, we know because we can see our make up still on our face and not budging even after rinsing, you need a cleanser. DO NOT USE HOME SOAP. it will ruin your skin.

Go out, go to the drugstore, any cleanser, everyone here says cetaphil so I would recommend that if you want risk free.

I'm on day 25, my cystic acne is gone but thats because my period ended so just like before.. my face is still covered in bumps and polkadots which i hate but everyone is telling me my complexion looks even (mainly because you dont see the stuff after make up and from far). Tons of nose bleeds so far, and I just realized that my I have decreased in oil which makes me extremely happy.

I never was super oily but the fact that I can go out even in the summer with make up on and its not all melted and smudging after 10 minutes is great. My face is matte even after working, this feels awesome and saves a lot on my foundation. My hair is thinning, but its expected so I'm sucking up with it and nobody else can tell its only me when I wash my hair.

@ Kelso..

basicly water doesnt cut it, especially oily skin, dip your hand in oil and then go rinse it.. it doesnt really clean it as well as with soap right?

for girls that wear make up, we know because we can see our make up still on our face and not budging even after rinsing, you need a cleanser. DO NOT USE HOME SOAP. it will ruin your skin.

Go out, go to the drugstore, any cleanser, everyone here says cetaphil so I would recommend that if you want risk free.

I'm on day 25, my cystic acne is gone but thats because my period ended so just like before.. my face is still covered in bumps and polkadots which i hate but everyone is telling me my complexion looks even (mainly because you dont see the stuff after make up and from far). Tons of nose bleeds so far, and I just realized that my I have decreased in oil which makes me extremely happy.

I never was super oily but the fact that I can go out even in the summer with make up on and its not all melted and smudging after 10 minutes is great. My face is matte even after working, this feels awesome and saves a lot on my foundation. My hair is thinning, but its expected so I'm sucking up with it and nobody else can tell its only me when I wash my hair.

sweet. the reduction in oil helped me immensely. i have oily skin and now it is nearly gone. that is how i knew it was working. yeah it is nice seeing the acne fade and all but i've had acne fade away before with other products. but no product reduced my oiliness like accutane.

ok i'm worried for my hair... my teacher told my class once that if you skip washing your hair for a couple days every week the oils that you make naturally will help soften it... and well pre-accutane i made so much oil i could wash it everyday and it would be super soft anyway, but now i'm making like zero oil and my hair is extra dry... i use conditioner a lot but that's not really helping... any tips on how to keep my hair from being so dry?

ok i'm worried for my hair... my teacher told my class once that if you skip washing your hair for a couple days every week the oils that you make naturally will help soften it... and well pre-accutane i made so much oil i could wash it everyday and it would be super soft anyway, but now i'm making like zero oil and my hair is extra dry... i use conditioner a lot but that's not really helping... any tips on how to keep my hair from being so dry?

yup easy. dont wash your hair, just let it stink :D

Or use jojoba oil and massage it into your hair, will keep it nice and moist.

And yes your teacher is correct in saying that the natural oils we produce help keep our hair soft. And the key point in your teacher's message was "if you skip washing your hair", so and so will happen. So skip washing your hair for loooong time like I said earlier and you will have more oily hair. but more stinky :D

The more you wash it, the more oil you are stripping, and that is bad when you pretty much have zero oil like most of us on accutane. Shampoo strips our hair naked clean like a baby's bottom so dont use too much.

yup easy. dont wash your hair, just let it stink :D

Or use jojoba oil and massage it into your hair, will keep it nice and moist.

And yes your teacher is correct in saying that the natural oils we produce help keep our hair soft. And the key point in your teacher's message was "if you skip washing your hair", so and so will happen. So skip washing your hair for loooong time like I said earlier and you will have more oily hair. but more stinky :D

The more you wash it, the more oil you are stripping, and that is bad when you pretty much have zero oil like most of us on accutane. Shampoo strips our hair naked clean like a baby's bottom so dont use too much.

Your funny Sunaaaaaaaaah. Stinky hair. I haven't washed my since last wednesday or Thursday and mine still smells lovely................ :wub:

not okay. use a cleanser. there are many types of cleansers out there that are suited for your face type. The reason people use cleansers is that they are more efficient at removing dirt and oils than just rubbing your face with water alone.

Let me ask you this, do you use shampoo for your hair? Why? Why not just use water to rinse your hair? The answer is because the shampoo is better at getting rid of oils and dirt within the hair. Water doesn't cut it for hair, and likewise it doesn't do enough for your face.

Although it is not necessary to wash with a cleanser, it is very helpful to those who work in an outside environment or have oily skin. Just don't use generic soap *gasp* and do not use something too strong. Since we are on accutane, I would just use a gentle cleanser. Hope this helps!

i dont use shampoo anymore in my hair. since i stopped my hair looks and feels healthier. il look into cetaphil face cleanser though

@ Kelso..

im on accutane though and i barely have any oil production on my face thats why im thinking a cleaner would just be damaging

Day 66, broke out fairly bad yesterday with 2 big spots and 5-6 smaller ones. Worst breakout in the past month or so, my acne is possibly worse than when I started the course and to make it even worse I also have uneven redness to be insecure about as well. Sighhhhhhhhhhhh getting hard to stay positive. Have to do some type of drivers education thing today, praying I don't know anybody in the class haha.

Day 66, broke out fairly bad yesterday with 2 big spots and 5-6 smaller ones. Worst breakout in the past month or so, my acne is possibly worse than when I started the course and to make it even worse I also have uneven redness to be insecure about as well. Sighhhhhhhhhhhh getting hard to stay positive. Have to do some type of drivers education thing today, praying I don't know anybody in the class haha.

Hang in there!

I just started Accutane this past Thursday!

22 y/o female. 40 mg.

I'm scurrrred.

Any advice???

22 y/o female. 40 mg.

I'm scurrrred.

Any advice???

make sure you moisturize religiously! also if you don't have aquaphor or something of that nature you really should get it... it's like a necessity

22 y/o female. 40 mg.

I'm scurrrred.

Any advice???

make sure you moisturize religiously! also if you don't have aquaphor or something of that nature you really should get it... it's like a necessity

if the dry skin doesnt bug you why is it so important to moisturize?

ok.. since about week 2 I've had moderately flaky skin but since yesterday i've reached my breaking point and would LOVE suggestions on how to get rid of all these stupid flakes... any tips?