Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sun-ah-san

Roll Call for Current Accutane Users!

I'm a 26 year old male that is on day 8 of 80mg a day. I was surprised that they wanted me to do 80mg the whole way through as I have only mild-moderate persistent acne, but I guess they know best and they said that's how they attack it for permanent affects.

Today was really the first of the side effects. I got hammered with dry lips and my face has been bright red the last two days. I've read in a couple threads that a lot of people get bright red at first and it comes over a week or two. Is this true? I don't think I could go 5-6 months with this red of a face. We're not talking pink cheeks, we're talking day two of a bad sunburn. My skin has also been very tight as well, but that was kinda expected.

hey man nice to hear i'm not the only one on such a high dose.i've been glowing for the last few days and not in a good way.the moisturiser helps the tightness but i'm nearly putting some on every 2 to 3 hours.my lips were pretty bad few days but seem to be on the mend now

Yeah, I don't mind it if it's for a week or so, but I don't think I can do with the red face/super tightness for the long haul. I wasn't really moisturizing yet as I wasn't dry until yesterday, so I'm hoping that was it. I also just bought moisturizer with 15 SPF in it. Also hoping that helps.

Other than that and just feeling more tired, (who knows if that's even the accutane) no crazy side affects.

Welcome to all the new people!

Question: does anyone know how *much* fatty food is enough to take with your pill? I want to make sure it's absorbing well enough. I've been taking it with dinner and if dinner doesn't have a lot of fat in it, I'll have a string cheese with the pill. Any ideas on this?

Thanks!

@76ers1985, I had a super red face at first too (I'm on Day 12 now...) I got a steroid cream from the doctor and I've also been using Calendula ointment. One or both or maybe just time passing has helped a lot. Also during the day you could try Aveeno ultra-calming daily moisturizer with spf 15. It really helps to calm your skin down and take the redness away :)

@76ers1985, I had a super red face at first too (I'm on Day 12 now...) I got a steroid cream from the doctor and I've also been using Calendula ointment. One or both or maybe just time passing has helped a lot. Also during the day you could try Aveeno ultra-calming daily moisturizer with spf 15. It really helps to calm your skin down and take the redness away :)

I actually read that suggestion in another thread. I bought the exact moisturizer you suggested yesterday. I also bought the face wash. I swear I have about 50 different lotions, pills, creams, etc laying around my apartment right now. I can't wait to throw most of them out when this is all done.

Can't we just fast forward time 5-6 months?

Question: does anyone know how *much* fatty food is enough to take with your pill? I want to make sure it's absorbing well enough. I've been taking it with dinner and if dinner doesn't have a lot of fat in it, I'll have a string cheese with the pill. Any ideas on this?

Thanks!

haha I don't even eat before I take the pill. I just take it whenever :D I probably should just to give it a bit of help but I don't think it matters much cuz the pill is working great for me. oops ^^

Thanks!

haha I don't even eat before I take the pill. I just take it whenever :D I probably should just to give it a bit of help but I don't think it matters much cuz the pill is working great for me. oops ^^

I'm so happy to hear it's working great for you :D !!!!! Seems to be working for me too but maybe too soon to tell.

lol fuck you guys i thought we were all experiencing little to no results together and all of the sudden people are getting happy with their results. tsk tsk, ill have to hold down discouraged fort myself

I'm starting tomorrow!

Hopefully I can still join the club and not be left out?!

This stuff is amazing. I'm 10 days in and already seeing improvements. Note to all accutane users who need to exfoliate use vaseline wait 30 mins and use a q tip in a circular motion. It will not irritate your skin. I have the most sensitive skin in the entire world.

I'm starting tomorrow!

Hopefully I can still join the club and not be left out?!

of course! this thread was made for ya :P

This stuff is amazing. I'm 10 days in and already seeing improvements. Note to all accutane users who need to exfoliate use vaseline wait 30 mins and use a q tip in a circular motion. It will not irritate your skin. I have the most sensitive skin in the entire world.

my derm told me not to do anything fancy for the sake of exfoliating on accutane. especially so if you have sensitive skin. but if it works for you go for it :P I've just been using a gentle cleanser to wash my face.

vaseline?! careful to make sure you wipe down well as vaseline does clog pores.

glad it's working for you! keep us updated!

lol fuck you guys i thought we were all experiencing little to no results together and all of the sudden people are getting happy with their results. tsk tsk, ill have to hold down discouraged fort myself

aw don't be discouraged! I'm only on day 14, don't know if my "results" are from accutane or just the steroid cream making everything look nice and calm. for what it's worth, my derm (who has been on accutane herself) said most people don't clear up till month 3. so no worries!!

I'm on day 10 as well. I don't think it's really improving for me other than drying up active cysts quicker and no oil! I broke out with like 5 cysts on day 7-8 though, so I'm hoping *crossing fingers* that was the IB.

I plan on being pretty patient for a couple months. I really don't mind waiting 3 months for it to start clearing up. I've already been through 14 years of this persistent crap. I just don't want a 2 month long IB.

Edited by 76ers1985

today is my fourth day! so far no side effects at all, idk if its because im moisturising religiously or if it just takes a little more time......any ideas?

Depends on the person. I'm taking a high dose and didn't notice anything until day 7.

Skin clearing up rapidly, which is awesome! Dryness still a bummer, but completely dwarfed by the amazing results!

Skin clearing up rapidly, which is awesome! Dryness still a bummer, but completely dwarfed by the amazing results!

hi all was just wondering the same !other than the dryness my skin is pretty good but i'm on steroids to combat the side effects so which is making me better?i only started 2 weeks ago so dont know what to think

Hey! i'm gonna go pick up my prescription as soon as the weekend is over, and since my pharmacy is in a grocery store i figured i'd pick up some products while i was there... So does anyone have any recommendations for a moisturizer? I'm currently using "Lubiderm moisturizing lotion for normal to dry skin" even though i have oily skin and i don't like it very much cause it just dosen't work for me... so any suggestions for moisturizers that won't break me out or make me look extra oily? Also how about supplements? I read somewhere that vitamin e supplements help prevent scarring and so i'll for sure pick those up... but anything else someone could reccomend? just wondering... AH i'm super exited!

today is my fourth day! so far no side effects at all, idk if its because im moisturising religiously or if it just takes a little more time......any ideas?

hi :D

lol dont jynx it^^ no side effects = goooood

wait, I take that back, I like how it dries out my hair so I do not have to wash it often :P

keep on kicking ass :P

Hey! i'm gonna go pick up my prescription as soon as the weekend is over, and since my pharmacy is in a grocery store i figured i'd pick up some products while i was there... So does anyone have any recommendations for a moisturizer? I'm currently using "Lubiderm moisturizing lotion for normal to dry skin" even though i have oily skin and i don't like it very much cause it just dosen't work for me... so any suggestions for moisturizers that won't break me out or make me look extra oily? Also how about supplements? I read somewhere that vitamin e supplements help prevent scarring and so i'll for sure pick those up... but anything else someone could reccomend? just wondering... AH i'm super exited!

vit e is great.

also zinc is great.

try the cetaphil moisturizers, love em :P

aw don't be discouraged! I'm only on day 14, don't know if my "results" are from accutane or just the steroid cream making everything look nice and calm. for what it's worth, my derm (who has been on accutane herself) said most people don't clear up till month 3. so no worries!!

thanks i hope so :/. you guys will be the first to know when things get better!.....hopefully

thanks i hope so :/. you guys will be the first to know when things get better!.....hopefully

it will!!! have you not seen any progress? is it worsening? if so, we understand how that all feels and yeah it stinks, well no...it is terrible T_T hang in there

Hey, I'm starting accutane tomorrow and just wondering if anyone has a recommended muscle gainer to use while on accutane. I know no creatin is allowed, so I'm just trying to play it safe while also staying in shape!

Also, is there ANY possible way to get a little bit of a sun tan? If I'm on it for six months and not able to see sunlight for six months then, no offense to anyone, I will be a corpse-like pale which doesn't look too good on me. I heard accutane causes redness in the face which I guess would look alright.

Any thoughts?

it will!!! have you not seen any progress? is it worsening? if so, we understand how that all feels and yeah it stinks, well no...it is terrible T_T hang in there

well there was two occasions where i thought things would get better but then they got bad again. i've been at a consistent worse state than when i started. maybe its because im using a lower grade face wash. i have m 2 month check up on the 26th so ill see if he suggests increasing the dosage or whatever. i also have these spots on my face where there no breakouts but red all around making it look blotchy.

I'm starting accutane this Wednesday, add my name to the list!

I'm a 18 year old female with mild to moderate cyst but have tonsss of marks and blemishes.

Will be doing a 40mg pill every two days.

To all girls out there, is your skin so dry its impossible to put make up on..?

I mean so far I can hide most of the crap with a thick foundation but if its dry and flaky that make up doesn't work.. maybe I should just stay at home.