Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My life needs an overhaul. I need to get away from parents, my brothers, and my so called "friends" so I can reevaluate who I am, how I act, and what I'm doing with myself.

....Ehhh, I hate sounding melodramatic, but I just don't think straight anymore. My mind is so full of clutter. I feel like Accutane is ushering in a new chapter of my life. It makes me want to clean up everything that weighed me down. :boohoo:

I need a week, just a week, , away from this life, to think and clear my head.

Taking long walks by myself (hahah such a loner :drool: ) isn't cutting it.

My family is going on a one week vacation sometime during the summer. I'm dreading it, because our family really doesn't enjoy eachother. I don't see the point. I'm thinking about possilby asking my parents if I could go somewhere sepatately but I don't know how well that's going to go over...I'm only 17 :eh: Need some advice you guys..... :think:

lol I feel the same way. but if I were you I would stay inside and away from the sun while on accutane. good luck! I just got on tane as well.

Go out on your own, seperately?? are you crazy what chu tryna do, get raped?

you don't know about this world.. even if a girl walks out of her house by herself with no one around, she will flat out, get raped.

Please stay safe sweetie

Hey Gina, haven't seen you around the Org for a little while. :ninja:

Ordinarily, I'd ask how you're doing but, you know, I guess you just kind of covered it. ;)

Can totally relate to needing a break. Not even for anything specific, or to do anything in particular, but just to get away from where you're at and leave whatever is in your head behind for a while. I reckon it's important to switch off once in a while, sometimes we have to pay attention to our minds and stress or whatever, take care of our mental well-being.

As for the overhaul, perhaps best to take things one at a time. I don't know, maybe you could make a list of what you'd like to change, make a list of goals. Something which helps you focus your mind. Then you can work on them one by one rather than putting yourself under pressure to change everything all at once. Sometimes we just have to go with the flow and take things as they come. Granted, as someone who procrastinates waaaaay too much, it's easier for me to say that than do it, but I reckon that's the way to go.

You could always look at who is around to help you with it as well. Even though it's a personal thing and whatever things you wish to change are for you alone, never hurts to have support.

I'm guessing the Accutane journey was already on the list. How's that going?

Personally, I can think of a whole bunch of things I'd like to change.

I could do with a new job because my current one is a dead end and it brings me down.

My social circle is almost non-existent so that needs attention, and generally I just need to feel better about myself and be happy.

The trick is recognising what order to do those things in: a new job means new people. New people means opportunities for a new social circle. New social circle and things to occupy my time means a happier me. Well, I guess that would be the theory anyway. My point is that if you take a step back, work it out and get them in order, it all has the potential to fall into place once you get the ball rolling.

Another important thing to remember is the good things you already have in your life. Focus on those things for now and be positive about them rather than dwelling on the negative stuff.

:)

Edited by PaulH85

I've felt the same way many, many times. I've felt like I needed to escape and get away from everyone and everything that's familiar to me. I tried long walks, just driving anywhere, locking myself in my room, whatever... I used to be the kind of person that would run away from my problems.

On the one hand, everyone needs time to themselves- time to think and clear their head, but on the other hand, sometimes it's not possible or helpful. Despite not getting along with your family (believe me I can COMPLETELY relate) on vacations, maybe it would be beneficial to have their support while you are starting this new chapter? After all, they are going to be a part of the new chapter, whether or not they are exactly welcomed...

I know that it's so hard to get along with your family when you are at war with yourself, but I think that you might (maybe some time down the road) regret not going with your family on this vacation. You can still reinvent yourself, you can still make the change while you're with them.

I know from firsthand experience that when you run away (even for an escape), your problems either follow you or they're right there waiting for you when you return. But if you really do need the break, tell your parents that. If you say that you just want to do your own thing, they may not understand or be sympathetic. If you explain exactly why you don't want to go and why you need the break, they may just understand. They might even give you advice or help.

Hope this helps, girl. Believe me, I've been there. :)

My life needs an overhaul. I need to get away from parents, my brothers, and my so called "friends" so I can reevaluate who I am, how I act, and what I'm doing with myself.

....Ehhh, I hate sounding melodramatic, but I just don't think straight anymore. My mind is so full of clutter. I feel like Accutane is ushering in a new chapter of my life. It makes me want to clean up everything that weighed me down. :boohoo:

My family is going on a one week vacation sometime during the summer. I'm dreading it, because our family really doesn't enjoy eachother. I don't see the point. I'm thinking about possilby asking my parents if I could go somewhere sepatately but I don't know how well that's going to go over...I'm only 17 :eh: Need some advice you guys..... :think:

I completely understand the need to get away from things and be by yourself. I know it's not the same as a holiday, but have you considered asking your parents if you can just stay home while everybody goes on vacation? Maybe you could declutter your surroundings, like your clothes, your drawers, go through everything that you don't need and throw it all out. It's what I do when I know I need to change things. It makes me feel like I'm getting to the root of things, and setting myself up properly to make changes in my life. I toss out clothes that don't fit me or are old, I go through papers and drawers and throw things out... I even get a new bedspread, usually dye my hair (I'm still not sure why I do this... I guess it makes me feel like a new person) and write a list of all the things that I want to accomplish, and lots of positive affirmations. I put them on my walls. If you go on a holiday, it's great for a break, of course. But I hate that feeling of coming back to the same old thing.

Just a suggestion, of course! :D

I completely understand the need to get away from things and be by yourself. I know it's not the same as a holiday, but have you considered asking your parents if you can just stay home while everybody goes on vacation? Maybe you could declutter your surroundings, like your clothes, your drawers, go through everything that you don't need and throw it all out. It's what I do when I know I need to change things. It makes me feel like I'm getting to the root of things, and setting myself up properly to make changes in my life. I toss out clothes that don't fit me or are old, I go through papers and drawers and throw things out... I even get a new bedspread, usually dye my hair (I'm still not sure why I do this... I guess it makes me feel like a new person) and write a list of all the things that I want to accomplish, and lots of positive affirmations. I put them on my walls. If you go on a holiday, it's great for a break, of course. But I hate that feeling of coming back to the same old thing.

Just a suggestion, of course! :D

hey danielle what you said is epic, i do exactly the same thing.

Cleaning my room and throwing out all my old shit, maybe buying a few new cloths makes me feels so amazing :D like I have a fresh start, tried to dye my hair once and it failed drastically.

I know the need to change location, I moved to uni far away from home on purpose so I can deal with myself and start a new set of friends, new apartment new surroundings, it felt great except I fucked it up and I'm still really shy.. but im working on getting confidence so when I go back in september I can try and be a more fun person :)

I remember seeing a documentary where there was a woman of about 30 who had the same feeling. She lived in NY and had to get away to get her head sorted out. I remember a scene where she was in her car on her way to some place in the country where she'd stay for a bit with a woman, I think it was her aunt, and she was saying (paraphrased) "I got home and listened to my answering machine and I heard my friends saying we should go here and there and there and the thought of it was just not pleasant. I have to get away else I'll go nuts. I have to slow down and have time to think!". Just go to your parents and say what's on your mind. There's no reason you shouldn't, really. I agree with what someone said about possibly staying home while they're away, provided your safety can somehow be assured.

Edited by Lapis lazuli