Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jaspur

Preventing the blackheads from coming back

How do I prevent blackheads from coming back?

I have used AHA, BHA, mandelic, clay masks, Retin A, BP, etc.

And although with some, I see results...there's no preventing the blackheads from coming back and/or purging again when my skin feels the need to produce extra extra oil that day.

Hair follicles make it worse. My face feels like an oily mess. I like using my clay masks, but I know that my skin will just freak out and produce more oil the next day. I can't use clay every day, so.

What do I do?

I do believe, and that is my opinion, that daily micro-doses of Accutane would be the answer since it impacts directly on the cause of the problem.

Perhaps 5mg daily. Other than that I've tried everything, but blackhead always return on my nose.

Guest Timehealsall

I dont think derms even prescribe 5 mg daily..

I really didn't wanna use accutane because I don't want my skin to get dependent on it, but I don't know how else I'm supposed to get my stupid glands to stop producing so much sebum. it's making me mad. I didn't have problems before the yucky hair growing parts of puberty, so maybe when my hormones settle down, my skin will go back to being less oily?

I'm guessing he meant cutting the pills up into little slivers.

EDIT: I know how to keep current blackheads looking a little better with the topical products. But it's like there's no end to it. Get rid of sebum, next day there's a little more. There's always going to be damn sebum.

Edited by jaspur

I really didn't wanna use accutane because I don't want my skin to get dependent on it

I understand your concern and I think it all depends. I've tried everything so far. I realized if I steam my face, then I got a clean nose, however next day all the blackheads return. I am 30 years old, i am beginning to doubt if this is going to stop when I am 40, 45...

Accutane really make the blackheads of my nose stop from growing because it stops sebum producing. Since I don't want to have full side effects it might be a good idea have a micro-dose that lasts longer, perhaps forever!

Edited by Conde de Montecristo

I really didn't wanna use accutane because I don't want my skin to get dependent on it

I understand your concern and I think it all depends. I've tried everything so far. I realized if I steam my face, then I got a clean nose, however next day all the blackheads return. I am 30 years old, i am beginning to doubt if this is going to stop when I am 40, 45...

Accutane really make the blackheads of my nose stop from growing because it stops sebum producing. Since I don't want to have full collateral effects it might be a good idea have a micro-dose that lasts longer, perhaps forever!

will that work without side effects then? how about using retinal-dehyde combined with bha/aha on blackheads?

ugh. no matter what I use, my nose blackheads always come back. I've kind of given up. I just ignore them. They aren't that bad and I don't mind that much.

If you really want to acne scars treatment then you will have to give attention on your diet.Your diet should contain the vegetable and fruits.