Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Alot of theese are marks and not spots..but could you tell me, is this servere or moderate, and how you would treat it if you were me.

This was just after shaving + moisturising post-150951-1308129772_thumb.jpg

Dont have any spots apart from on pic, rest of face is clear

post-150951-1308129772_thumb.jpg

Edited by ptl93

Alot of theese are marks and not spots..but could you tell me, is this servere or moderate, and how you would treat it if you were me.

This was just after shaving + moisturising post-150951-1308129772_thumb.jpg

Dont have any spots apart from on pic, rest of face is clear

I think I've been told that having more than 6-7 active blemishes is considered "severe". Of course there are different degrees of severity that people suffer from. It might be a type of severe chin acne. Could be hormonal. Do you use an acne/spot treatment? Have you been to a derm?

I haven't been to a derm but I been to my docs.

I do this

AM:

Shower with cleanser

Erythromycin Tablet

PM:

Shower with cleanser

BP on active spots

Erythromycin Tablet

Moisturise if nessacery..

I onlyhva like 3-4 active spots here, most is marks here, this pic doesnt do it justice..dont think it looks that bad in real life...

Would you reccomened lemon juice for the scars whilst using bp too?

I do this

AM:

Shower with cleanser

Erythromycin Tablet

PM:

Shower with cleanser

BP on active spots

Erythromycin Tablet

I onlyhva like 3-4 active spots here, most is marks here, this pic doesnt do it justice..dont think it looks that bad in real life...

Lemon juice is great for scarring! But I honestly have no idea what effect it may have in combination with bp. Bp never gave me much help. Have you ever tried Sudocrem? I've used it for active acne before and it's sooo super GREAT in speeding them up and keep them away.

I do this

AM:

Shower with cleanser

Erythromycin Tablet

PM:

Shower with cleanser

BP on active spots

Erythromycin Tablet

Lemon juice is great for scarring! But I honestly have no idea what effect it may have in combination with bp. Bp never gave me much help. Have you ever tried Sudocrem? I've used it for active acne before and it's sooo super GREAT in speeding them up and keep them away.

ahh dunno whether to mix the products or not!

Does anyone else think this is severe or is it moderate?

Would call that moderate, but it depends how prone you are to scarring really. I would say that's probably severe enough to warrant Accutane but I'm not a derm and they seem remarkably reluctant sometimes to prescribe it.

Would certainly give the DK regimen a go if I were you.

It looks like it was once severe but is now moderate? You have the same problem as me. I cleared up my acne not long ago but i just have a few stubborn red marks left behind. What a bummer!

Think I would say moderate (but that's just a layperson's opinion, I'm not a Dr or anything).

How long have you been on antibiotics?

If it were me, I'd probably not rely on antibiotics to clear things up and consider a retinoid (either topical or accutane). Best advice is to see a derm I think.

Edited by UKLady

Hmm I would say moderate too, after looking at some cases of severe acne. I've been applying lemon juice for 20 mins every night and then BP to the active spots (only 2-3 atm :D)

and its been working pretty well, the marks arent as bright, you should try it olive :D

nah..thats not severe...if the rest of ur face is clear..its perhaps light to moderate....u look amazing compared to my face

Yeah, I say moderate.

Really? Yeah the rest of my face is completely clear, good luck with your acne dude, if you get to this stage where you have marks and a few spots try lemon juice, working well for me

Guest Timehealsall

if those are cysts and or nodules, than i think thats considered severe, regardless of how many spots

i would say moderate if rest of face is clear, but there are afew nasty ones so it could be classed as moderate-severe. Potentially a candidate for roaccutane if you have tried everything else & if it bothers you so much that you are willing to go through the side effects including depression. Also roaccutane tends to make your skin more sensitive later in life. i have had a tendency for strange rashes, dermatitis & more sensitive skin in general.