Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

For those of you who have used products with benzoyl peroxide in them, what do you think? did it work? Would you recommend it to others?

I have used it before a few years ago, I do think I had good results but I didn't use it for long enough to completely clear my skin. it's a little hard to get where I live.

Its good, its no miracle cure though, and you have to be careful with it because the drying effect can irritate your skin. Get it in a gel/cream and make sure you wash your face with a very gentle cleanser before applying. Possibly consider using some type of exfoliate in between if you think you need it :]

nice avitar btw

I tried it before and it just made my skin all red and kinda hard :(

Im not saying dont try it but i just want you to know some of the possible outcomes of trying it. Also if you do try it hope it works! :)

No I don't recommend it. Salicylic Acid has been working for me a lot more efficiently, it irritates and dries my skin out less, it's 10x easier to find a larger variety of products in stores with SA (here in midwest USA, anyways) and BP just made things worse for me. Never letting BP touch my face again.

Edited by smik

Don't use BP if you have light acne. It will cause you to break out and it forces you to rely on it (if you stop using it, you will also break out). And the routine takes up an hour of your day (doing it twice daily)..