Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
notpoison

Looking for a new treatment that doesn't cost an arm & a leg

I'm not yet a veteran acnist yet (I actually made up that word, it works tho), but I've had really bad acne since I was 10, now 22. Here are the ingredients I've tried:

retinA

antibiotics

steroids

benzoyl peroxide

salicylic acid

proactiv

murad

jojoba oil

mint oil

laser treatments

I'm sure I've left out a lot of ingredients which I've used over the years which I've forgotten about b/c they didn't work. I really hate putting all that crap on my face and into my body. I've been looking around this website for quite a while and finally decided to join and start posting. I calculate I've spent more than $50,000 on different treatments for my skin with nothing to show for it and lots of time wasted.

I'm looking now for something that doesn't cost a lot (as I am running out of money) and is something I haven't tried yet, but has had good results for some.

I will keep scouring this site and let you know of my findings.

Glycolic acid and cutting out dairy (I miss my lattes so much) is working out for me so far. What is your acne like? Bad enough to go on Accutane since you have struggled for so long?

My acne was sever now its light Pretty much i use something thats not to harsh as salicylic acid or harsh as BP.Hydrogen peroxide 3% applied topically is the only thing I use and i love it. I wish i would have discovered it before. I tried urine therapy before . it was working but it left me at purging state and i didn't like the way i had so many whiteheads so i heard about Hydrogen peroxide and my skin loves it it reduces the size and redness and leaves your skin soft only down side its bleaches. So be careful with eyebrows. I love it I got this idea from this girl on youtube you can check her out (

) I was in shock when i saw this and I went to see the reviews on this and majority of the people recommend it. You should try it and see how your skin will react to it.

Well, I tried the hydrogen peroxide and while not breaking the bank, it also did not do much for my skin. I did see some lightining, but that was not what I was going for. But I really do appreciate your suggestion. I was scouring the internet again and found these:

Acne Getaway 101E - looks like its all natural which is good.

Ginale Skin care - pretty website, but very expensive and looks like a lot of work.

CureZit acne treament - interesting website without a lot of bells and whistles, good explanation

Mediac Homeopathic acne treatment - I'm sure I buy into the homeopathic stuff. I already eat well and am otherwise very healthy - no junk food, lots of veggies.

Can anyone tell me about their experiences with these products? I really do appreciate this forum. (even if I don't follow it everyday)

Here are the ingredients I've tried:

retinA

antibiotics

steroids

benzoyl peroxide

salicylic acid

proactiv

murad

jojoba oil

mint oil

laser treatments

Most of those are external treatments. If your skin was going to respond to external treatments it would have done so by now. You clearly have intractible acne that is simply not going to respond to topicals.

I think that is a message often ignored by long-time sufferers.

I would recommend a change of approach. See my thread.

Just wanted to post that I eventually did try the curezit. The website wasn't "yelling" in my face and their explanation actually did make the most sense. I really was quite pleased with the results. While results weren't immediate, I did see marked improvement after a few days and my skin continues to improve daily.

Thank you for all the advice posted here. It really is a very worthwhile site.

Guest davidtheskinking

Have you really spent $50,000 on your skin? or did you mean to type $5,000 or $500?

It looks like you have tried a lot, have you focused on or addressed your diet at all?

You can do a lot externally but if you do nothing internally your skin won't change a whole lot.

It seems like you've done a lot externally,

Your diet doesn't cost a lot because you have to eat anyway so it's worth considering.

I recommend a lot of fruits and vegetables... along with so much more too but that's the most important thing and a great start.

Hope this inspires or helps you in some way!

David

There is no way you spent more than 50K maybe 5K unless you had a lot of laser treatments.

Well, to be truthful I did not actually sit and tally up the amount I spent over the years. I didn't think it was necessary to do that before I posted something. Sorry if you were misled. I just know it was alot of money and I've been spending it for over 12 years. It's got to be significant so I just came up with a very significant number. Hyperbole, poetic license and all.

In any event, I am still using the Curezit and am pleased with the results. I use it every day and if I forget, I do see the beginning of a breakout which then reminds me to reapply. It's quite easy and I don't have to go through a lengthy regimen several times a day. I've pretty much forgotten about all the treatments I used to go through which overwhelmed me at times.

Nothing's perfect and neither am I, so I extend my apologies to anyone who took offense at my choosing $50,000 before corroborating it.

Good luck to all!

Have you really spent $50,000 on your skin? or did you mean to type $5,000 or $500?

It looks like you have tried a lot, have you focused on or addressed your diet at all?

You can do a lot externally but if you do nothing internally your skin won't change a whole lot.

It seems like you've done a lot externally,

Your diet doesn't cost a lot because you have to eat anyway so it's worth considering.

I recommend a lot of fruits and vegetables... along with so much more too but that's the most important thing and a great start.

Hope this inspires or helps you in some way!

thanks for the kind words. I consider myself a very healthful person and I eat lots of fruit and vegetables as a part of my daily routine. I think acne runs in families, at least I've seen it in mine. Many relatives have the same skin problems I do. Perhaps it's like high cholesterol or heart disease - something you can be prone to based on your genetics. I do believe, however, that if you are aware of the tendency, you can watch out for it. Forewarned is forearmed. (or four-armed, haha)

David

Just wanted to post that I eventually did try the curezit. The website wasn't "yelling" in my face and their explanation actually did make the most sense. I really was quite pleased with the results. While results weren't immediate, I did see marked improvement after a few days and my skin continues to improve daily.

Thank you for all the advice posted here. It really is a very worthwhile site.

Thought I'd reiterate here about the curezit. I posted in another response, but I was so tickled with the results and I seem to be in a blogging mood, so I decided to post it again. Has anyone else had good results with it? Just curious...

I think I may have posted my response to your message in the wrong place, as I am not very good at this. It looks like I put in the middle of your response to me so that it looks like you are answering yourself. Sorry, didnt' mean to do that.

I think I may have posted my response to your message in the wrong place, as I am not very good at this. It looks like I put in the middle of your response to me so that it looks like you are answering yourself. Sorry, didnt' mean to do that.

NOw it's getting really confusing. I thought this post would clarify my response to davidtheskinking, but it may have obfuscated even more.

Well, I'm having fun posting tho.

Accutane & blue LEDs.

Not sure I understand this last posting. But I thought I'd post anyway. I'm still using the CureZit and am quite happy with it! My skin looks clear and I am crossing my fingers (not my eyes). I am using it everyday and even some of the cratering is looking less severe. Has anyone else tried it? I was wondering because I haven't heard much about it.

It's been over 3 months since I starting using Curezit and I couldn't be happier with the results. My skin has remained clear and as long as I continue using it, I don't have any breakouts. IT'S BEEN YEARS SINCE I CAN SAY THAT. Even the cratering from past breakouts has diminished. I will continue using this great product and recommend it to anyone I know. I only have to wash my face and use it. It's very easy and I don't have to remember a complicated regimen. Why don't more people know about this?

Juice 5lbs of carrots a day. If you've tried everything, this is cheap but takes time. A pharmacist told me it would have the same dramatic results as accutane over the course of 6 months, without the toxic side effects:

http://www.dreamsaesthetic.com/health/acne.html

I'm on week 5 and beginning to see results, combined with using hydrogen peroxide as a toner + retin a .025% cream at night. The turning point happened after a month of juicing, and now the progress is slow but consistent.