Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
iskate

Help idk what acne medications to buy any recommendations?

Hi everyone my name is juan and I'm a acne suffer!

I'm tired of mopeing around about how bad my skin is and how it ruined my life. I want to take action and do something about it.

I'm not taking any kind of acne medications i have not seen a dermotoligst.

My daily acne routine is using egg facial and lemons to treat my acne.

Recent products i have tried Proactive, Max clarity,clearasil,Acne free for sever acne.

All these products have no effect on my acne, probably made it worse. So i don't know where to being and what to try. So any suggestions on what works for your skin and what products your useing.

I'm thinking about seeing a dermotligst soon because my acne has went to a whole different level like never before. I don't have medical insurance so i was wondering what the cost would be to do a walk in? Hope you all have a great day and god bless

Thanks. Don juan xD

i have tried Proactive, Max clarity,clearasil,Acne free for sever acne.

All these products have no effect on my acne, probably made it worse.

explain to me how proactive specifically effected your skin, and if so, how it made your acne worse or the ineffectiveness. We can figure out what might work for you this way.

This is a tough situation. You know it's time to go to a dermatologist when over the counter products don't seem to be working anymore. Unfortunately, walk-in and co-pay fees add up. I had to go to a couple dermatologists before I finally found 'the one'. It's not uncommon for people to switch dermatologists because the one they originally had is just not doing it for them. I am not quite sure what to tell you; it's hard for me to empathize with you because I get great insurance through my father. I will tell you that I found what worked for me through my dermatologist. Like you, I was tired of wasting money and time on over-the-counter products.

i have tried Proactive, Max clarity,clearasil,Acne free for sever acne.

All these products have no effect on my acne, probably made it worse.

explain to me how proactive specifically effected your skin, and if so, how it made your acne worse or the ineffectiveness. We can figure out what might work for you this way.

Out of all the Acne medications i used i think proactive actually worked a little bit for like the first month but then i would have these huge breakouts if i just missed one day, it would dry my skin out soo bad, i would get flakes all over my cheeks. My acne got worse over time while i was on proactive. Basically my skin reacted in a negative way towards proactive. O.O

Well proactive made you dry/flakey (the dry/flakiness likely worsened your acne). Most prescriptions a dermo will give you are going to be far more powerful than proactive causing significantly more irritation/dryness. Consider a topical Antibiotic, it will fight acne & causes little to no dryness/irritation.