Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jennaaaay

Acne scars. Acne scars. Acne scar. :\

First you deal with the embarrassing pimple on your face...and then you're left with the haunting reminder of that pimple when it becomes and acne scar. Ugh...i hate it.

What have you found that helps you out when it comes to reducing the look of the scar or just about getting rid of it?

There's soooo many different things out there. But what works besides the face peels and going to the doc. ?

Help por favor?

- Jenny

First you deal with the embarrassing pimple on your face...and then you're left with the haunting reminder of that pimple when it becomes and acne scar. Ugh...i hate it.

What have you found that helps you out when it comes to reducing the look of the scar or just about getting rid of it?

There's soooo many different things out there. But what works besides the face peels and going to the doc. ?

Help por favor?

- Jenny

Hi Jenny,

I'm in the same position. My derm actually told me the only thing that would help is TIME. I am so glad I then paid her 35 dollars for that answer. (sarcastic) For the past 3 weeks, I've been using lemons to help fade scars. It is AHA which is a acid that basically helps to reform new skin cells. In 3 weeks, its faded my scars probably by about half. It really seems to be working. I mentioned it to my derm yesterday and she told me she had not heard of any scientific evidence proving that lemons work (probably because she won't get any financial benefits) Your probably thinking I am crazy, but look at the reviews it has gotten on this website. Its worked for a lot of people.

Hope this helped.

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

eaglesjo: So it really does work? I've heard of it before, but didn't try it yet!!! I just might try that. :D Thank you.

I am ashley.: You are so right. Looking in the mirror is so depressing sometimes!!! I try not to. Haha. But knowing it's there bugs me! :\ I don't pick or even touch my face.

Both. :\

I see, well at least your having something to look forward to where the marks will fade. Some people aren't as lucky and they scar alot worse.

lemons = bs... they equate a bleaching effect that lemons possess to lightening scars...

Scars = damaged skin = get better with time or with surgery or something of that nature.

Lemons = ability to lighten skin. get it?

it maybe can help lighten red marks and improve complexion at best... not to mention it will BURN your skin if you are not careful... go ahead try it LOL

Regular exfoliation, whether it be manual or chemical, helps speed up the process a little. Peels speed up the process a lot. Time eventually will fade them all (the red marks, I mean).

Edited by just last the year

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by i am ashley.

lemons = bs... they equate a bleaching effect that lemons possess to lightening scars...

Scars = damaged skin = get better with time or with surgery or something of that nature.

Lemons = ability to lighten skin. get it?

it maybe can help lighten red marks and improve complexion at best... not to mention it will BURN your skin if you are not careful... go ahead try it LOL

It may not burn for everyone. It really depends on the person's skin if it is sensitive towards lemons.