Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm very curious as to which fruits have the BEST results in terms of clearing red marks and current spots. I have a very mild acne, maybe 1-3 spots weekly - however with a few pink/red flat marks left over from previous breakouts from 1-2 years ago. Ive read many things on certain fruits being good for reducing oiliness and cleansing the skin, such as oranges, and also bad things of the exact same fruits.

I try to get as much fruit as I can along with a fairly healthy diet all round each day. Oranges, grapes, cherries, blueberries and bananas are the main fruits I have. Can anyone provide me with a basic breakdown?

Just thought it would be interesting for us all in general as I think fruit is always neglected.

Go easy on fruits that are high in sugar. The only fruit I eat is granny smith and I only eat one once a day. You could try consuming more cabbage, broccoli, spinach and celery. If you have no time to cook, you can blend them all together with a blender and drink it. If you don't like the taste, you can include a few drops of lemon oil and one granny smith to make it tastes desirable.

Berries are top notch. I get plenty of those as well as an apple, an orange, a banana, and some pineapple every day. With other random fruits thrown in there.

Unless you're a diabetic or something you shouldn't avoid sugar at all, it's there for a reason just as everything else in nature and your body still does need it. Especially if you're active.

With that being said, some people do run into problems with certain fruits. That's really up to you to figure out, but in general you really shouldn't have any problems as long as it's mostly legit fruit (not modified, processed, dried, or covered in pesticides). I still think vegetables are the best thing you can consume for clearing up acne/oiliness though.

I dont think I can give you the basic breakdown you need, but I just wanted to say that although some people are likely very sensitive to the sugar in fruit I dont think most people are. One thing I do know is that it's better to eat fruit in the afternoon rather than the morning. I save mine for the afternoon and have no problem with them personally. Even though it has natural sugar, it also has natural fibre, which is the natural antidote to sugar!

Last summer, i wanted to loose weight really badly. I guess i got influenced by media, oh well.

So i worked out everyday on the morning with an empty stomach. Stupid i know, i was young.

I also cut back about 600 or more calories everyday. PLus i never touched fried food, sugar foods, pop, or red meat.

I ate mostly veggies, friuts, lentils/fish for protein and rice.

So after 2 weeks of this, i lost 7 pounds, BUT I GOT SICK.

Im a dancer and whenever i would dance i would get tried very quickly and once i fainted (which is something that never happended to me before). I also had thinner blood and stuff.

BUT MY MARKS FADED QUICKLY AND I DIDNT BREAK OUT THIS ENTIRE TIME ON 2 WEEKS.

I do not advise ppl to go on this stupid diet like i did (to make my body healthy again i had to gain some of that weight back...sucks)

but it proves that

healthy eating + exercise = marks fading quicker + less acne

just remember to keep everything reasonable and do not hurt yourself.

Tomatoes and avocados are fruit, but I feel they're better for you than other sugary fruits. I also like berries for antioxidants. Veggies are my main focus, not fruit.

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

You guys write so much sometimes.

Best fruits:

-Blackberries/Boysenberries

-Raspberries

-Blueberries

-Currants

-Strawberries

-Gooseberries

-rhubarb

-cherries

-plums

You guys write so much sometimes.

Best fruits:

-Blackberries/Boysenberries

-Raspberries

-Blueberries

-Currants

-Strawberries

-Gooseberries

-rhubarb

-cherries

-plums

And most of those should be organic, especially the strawberries and stone fruit. Gooseberries are related to kiwi which don't need to be organic. I doubt many pests attack rhubarb, which isn't a fruit, btw.

And avocados should be on any list of best fruits. Oh, and Bilberries as I'm guessing the OP is European.